• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 8 |OT| - Hail To The Chiefs

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Thanks for posting this. I was hoping to get a decent read based around that crazy ending.

I'm not sure if you like him or not but Peter King has a solid article on MMQB.

But he had some Drew Brees, some Peyton Manning, in him down the stretch Sunday, taking Detroit 80 yards in 44 seconds to a victory they had no right to expect. Certainly, this was not Stafford’s first big comeback. This was his 10th fourth-quarter comeback. But this one just felt different to me. Something about the high-tension accuracy and the big-boy decision he made with the game ticking away.

Stafford made two artful throws that he dropped perfectly into the hands of wideouts Kris Durham and Calvin Johnson on the drive, pressure throws that traveled 42 and 27 yards in the air

“I think everyone in the stadium thought I was throwing the inverse route to Calvin. But they put a new kid in at safety, and I was going after him.”

Dallas made rookie safety J.J. Wilcox inactive because of injury and called up Jakar Hamilton to be active for the first game of his NFL career. Welcome, Jakar.

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/10/28/matthew-stafford-peter-king-monday-morning-quarterback/2/

stafford-800.jpg

Look at that determination in Staffords eyes, those forearms, those tripceps, biceps......

*Chest swells with pride*

Instead of supporting that wretched shithole of an industry, you guys should just stop buying video games and use that money towards something that is actually worthwhile. Like burning it for warmth.

Missing out on the latest shooter where you shoot people while they shoot at you and you have to dodge their shots ain't gonna kill ya.

*looks at paycheck*

Yep, says my name on it.

*looks at comment*

ib2wCWLmM4n3Sc.jpg

squicken

The suffering never ends.

Dude you guys have a WR who has put up a 100 yard game with three sub-par QBs. If Gordon can keep it together he is a foundation piece for the team. Haden, Thomas, Mingo?, Gordon?. There's potential for things to get better fast if they nail their draft.

Colasante

Dude you guys have a WR who has put up a 100 yard game with three sub-par QBs. If Gordon can keep it together he is a foundation piece for the team. Haden, Thomas, Mingo?, Gordon?. There's potential for things to get better fast if they nail their draft.

The fact that the Browns had a non-zero chance of winning the AFC North with Brian Hoyer as their starting QB is a testament to the fact that they're built for the present and the future, and with a real QB (and a real RB wouldn't hurt either) they can become legitimate contenders for years to come. But, of course, it's Cleveland, so they won't.

MechDX

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli 1h
To keep this secret for the past week, Keenum had to hide his news from some people and swear others to secrecy. #texans

So Keenum has known for the past week he was the starter going forward.

James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN 1h
Matt Schaub says he feels #Texans starting Keenum has everything to do with his play and not his health. Is upset with desicion.

ooooooo Matt is mad......snicker....Noodle arm piece of shit.

cajunator

Banned
Jets will win against the Saints and lose against the bye.

The streak continues.

I expect a very tough game. I hate the Saints always ending up playing some team that just got drubbed the week before. always fucking happens. Would much rather play yall after you won some game comfortably or something. now Jets will have something to prove and will give us fits.

Vick said on Eagles live today that when he tried to run against the Giants yesterday he felt a pop in his leg and that was why he came out. He will get an MRI in the next few days. My guess is this is the end of his time with the Eagles. Glad to not have him as the QB because he is such a terrible person, but this does suck for the Eagles. They will be lucky to win another game. The book is out on the other QBs. Crowd the box and jam the
WRs.

LevelNth

Banned
Vick said on Eagles live today that when he tried to run against the Giants yesterday he felt a pop in his leg and that was why he came out. He will get an MRI in the next few days. My guess is this is the end of his time with the Eagles. Glad to not have him as the QB because he is such a terrible person, but this does suck for the Eagles. They will be lucky to win another game. The book is out on the other QBs. Crowd the box and jam the
WRs.
I never expected Shady to look so average without Vick, but I guess it makes sense. Also I personally think Barkley might still be decent, just needs some more time and not to be fed to the wolves during the year.

I never expected Shady to look so average without Vick, but I guess it makes sense. Also I personally think Barkley might still be decent, just needs some more time and not to be fed to the wolves during the year.

Foles also still isnt cleared to play so looks like Barkely will get the snaps in practice this week. Maybe that will help him look better because he has looked terrible so far. No pocket awareness at all, holds the ball forever, forces throws into coverage, and a really weak arm so far.

Miguel

Keenum starting. Schaub sulking. Decision seems to have been made last week. Keenum has had 2 weeks to prepare.

palance1.gif

Sorry Narag. 3-5 here we come!

xnipx

WRs.

Why do you hate Vick so much?

squicken

I thought YH loved Vick and hated Foles?

Good for Kubes to start Case. No way he could trot out Schoob and maintain credibility with players and fans. Schoob lost his job, injury or no

Why do you hate Vick so much?

You really have to ask? What he did was unforgivable. No one that tortures animals like he did deserves to be cheered ever again. It doesnt matter though it really looks like his time with the Eagles is done, so some other fanbase can deal with him next year.

Good for Kubes to start Case. No way he could trot out Schoob and maintain credibility with players and fans. Schoob lost his job, injury or no

No, Vick is clearly the better QB compared to Foles but he is a terrible human being.

effzee

I think he dislikes Foles because of his limited arm and ability and dislikes Vick as a person.

Personally I don't give a shit about his dog fighting shit. Its been years, he paid his dues, and continues to do work with animal organizations beyond what was required by the courts. Been a model citizen for the Eagles on and off the field. My frustration with him is his inability to stay healthy. Really felt that with Chip he could have had his best year. Showed some flashes but his body will never allow him to be more than what he is. And if he can't run he is a below average QB.

Its probably Foles and Barkley the rest of the way. I can see Vick being a decent back up in a lot of places next year. A "pop" means he damaged his hammy even further. But even before he pulled himself out he didn't look normal at all.

xnipx

You really have to ask? What he did was unforgivable. No one that tortures animals like he did deserves to be cheered ever again. It doesnt matter though it really looks like his time with the Eagles is done, so some other fanbase can deal with him next year.

No, Vick is clearly the better QB compared to Foles but he is a terrible human being.

Oh. One of those people....gotcha

MechDX

Wow didn't realize this Sunday is Battle Red Day!! Case throwing to guys in red jerseys....hmmmm...

130660786_display_image.jpg

107564695_display_image.jpg

Awwwwwwwwww yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

pelvic-thrust_o_730277.gif

Miguel

I am this close to spending 275 bucks on a custom Battle Red Keenum Authentic jersey. But I'd have to miss the game... Can't justify 100+ bucks on a ticket after the jersey. Maybe I'll just get a cheapie jersey instead. I think the Go Texans store should have them now.

squicken

Oh, I had you had confused with effzee. I'm with you. I could never root for the guy.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Schoob on the sidelines where he belongs.

Case Future :D

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Insiders are saying Jaguars want a 2nd-rounder for Blackmon.

If I'm Mayhew, I'm on the phone right now. His 2nd-round picks have been dreadful. Give it to Jacksonville.

I am happy for Texansgaf, Case might not be the future but Schaub clearly wasnt. It is always exciting to be moving onto a new era, hopefully it works out for you guys.

Top Bottom