• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 8 |OT| - Hail To The Chiefs

squicken

It's funny how I do actually miss Sam Bradford playing against Seahawks.
I don't remember when Rams actually won against Seahawks with Sam Bradford under center hmm?

Earl+Thomas+Seattle+Seahawks+v+St+Louis+Rams+UnBmel-n3Fcl.jpg

The Rams are 2-14 against Seattle in their last 16 games against them

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Just enjoy :kas for what he is. His team hasn't won in a long time it must be hard to cope.

Colin Kaepernick Stats: 1,584 Yards, 9 TDs, 5 INTs, 57.1% Accuracy

Matthew Stafford Stats: 2,617 Yards, 16 TDs, 6 INTs, 62.4% Accuracy,

Stafford is on another level as a pocket QB than Kaepernick. Kaep relies on his gimmicky read option against the Jaguars but there can be absolutely no debate that Stafford is a better pocket QB than Colin at this point.

Colin could never make those last two throws to Kris Durham or Megatron that won us the game yesterday. Not only does Stafford have possibly the strongest arm in the league, but he's developed the touched to put it over a DB and under a safety.

eznark

Banned

Stafford is on another level as a pocket QB than Kaepernick. Kaep relies on his gimmicky read option against the Jaguars but there can be absolutely no debate that Stafford is a better QB than Colin at this point.

Colin could never make those last two throws to Kris Durham or Megatron that won us the game yesterday. Not only does Stafford have possibly the strongest arm in the league, but he's developed the touched to put it over a DB and under a safety.

Why was he so pathetically anemic on third downs yesterday? Benevolence? He just wanted to keep the home fans entertained?

cashman

Banned
One of the worst losses I've ever experienced, and I've been through a lot. It would have been worse were it not for the fact the rest of the NFC east sucks.

But this was a game that every other team in the NFL would have won...except for the Cowboys.

This is why I'm really having trouble feeling bad about the loss. I've never been more sure of anything in my life than the fact that the Cowboys will win this division.

h1nch

Good news today RE: Julius Thomas' MRI on his ankle.

Not sure what it means for heal time but at least it's not something disastrous. Really want to see that guy finish his breakout year.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Why was he so pathetically anemic on third downs yesterday? Benevolence? He just wanted to keep the home fans entertained?

Not sure how the stats changed yesterday but going into the Cowboys game Stafford lead all QBs in QBR on 3rd downs and had a 6 TD to 0 INT ratio.

See you in Detroit.

Stafford is on another level as a pocket QB than Kaepernick. Kaep relies on his gimmicky read option against the Jaguars but there can be absolutely no debate that Stafford is a better pocket QB than Colin at this point.

Pretty sure every one of us here on NFL-GAF could complete 60% of our passes to Megatron. Just throw the ball up in his general direction and he's likely to come down with it.

That being said, great drive by Stafford yesterday. You could tell he was youngry.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I've been calling for Keenum since preseason. Although I'm a Coogs homer, but from what I've seen from him at UH and from what I've seen of Schaub, I knew it wouldn't happen (or I thought I did!) but I thought Case could better use our weapons than Schaub. It's not Kevin Walter and a gimpy Andre anymore. Healthy-ish Dre, Deandre Hopkins and Devier Posey can actually get downfield. And Case can get it to them.

Schaub has been tolerated here because despite TJ playing well enough during the 2011 season, he is Schaub Jr.

Case is simply the better QB. Also who cares if you or I are both Coogs homers... it's pretty damn obvious that Schoob has lost a great deal of arm strength since we first got him and its been far worse ever since his injury. He's so damn mentally soft now and anyone who's followed Case and his game knows he's the complete opposite of Schoob mentally. Also the fact people thought he didn't have any arm strength is laughable to me.

And yet Kap has beaten the Packers 3 times and passed for over 400 yards in his week 1 win against them this year. Stafford completely folds against the Packers, why is that?

eznark

Banned
Not sure how the stats changed yesterday but going into the Cowboys game Stafford lead all QBs in QBR on 3rd downs and had a 6 TD to 0 INT ratio.

See you in Detroit.

3-11 yesterday. Against a weeping sphincter of a defense.

Can't wait to play you guys again! Maybe you'll reach double digit points?

First Jak and now you. Steelers are dropping games and you stop watching them. Can't say I'm surprised. Got your ticket for the Cowboys bandwagon ready?

Can't speak for Jak but this is the first game i've missed in over a season, and it was due to a family commitment. Now that you've said that though i'll be looking for you when the Pats start losing! ;)

On that note, what the hell happened to the Dolphins yesterday? And don't give me some bullshit story about how Brady willed them to win because he threw for 116 yards.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
And yet Kap has beaten the Packers 3 times and passed for over 400 yards in his week 1 win against them this year. Stafford completely folds against the Packers, why is that?

That say's more about the Packers then it does about us. You need to look at historical context when dealing with Stafford and realize he's only 25 years old, same age as Kaep, and took over the worst team in NFL history at 21. He has beaten the Packers, and kept us in everygame against them.

Like I said I don't see that same thing happening when we play them at home.

squicken

Insider column on 2014 QB class. Nothing different than what has been said but they both like the depth

McShay: In answering this question, I think it's very important not to confuse depth with quality. Where the 2014 class of quarterbacks is potentially very strong is in its depth; but when it comes to top-shelf talent, this group isn't on the same level as the 2012 class.

There's no Andrew Luck in the 2014 draft class, and while I think that Oregon's Marcus Mariota has an extraordinarily high ceiling (and he has been more durable to this point in his career), I would argue that Robert Griffin III was playing at a higher level at this point in his senior season than Mariota is playing right now as a redshirt sophomore. The biggest difference is that RG III was making a lot more deep vertical throws than Mariota is asked to attempt in the Ducks offense, and Griffin's improvement with his touch and ball placement on downfield throws during his final season at Baylor was remarkable.

If we were to merge the 2012 class with the 2014 class (note that the grades on the 2014 guys are far from final) and stack them up based on the ratings (out of 100) I gave them, this is how the top five would look:

Andrew Luck: 99
Robert Griffin III: 98
Marcus Mariota: 95
Ryan Tannehill: 94
Teddy Bridgewater: 94

Kiper: I hate to do it, Todd, for the sake of an argument, but I agree, with a couple of key factors in mind:

1. This class is loaded with excellent traits, but doesn't yet have that complete product you're ready to hand the franchise keys to.

2. It still lacks a clear No. 1, which means it clearly lacks that sure thing great classes are built around.

Lastly then, it's worth noting that there's still a lot of youth involved here. Every single guy at the top of my recent top 10 has the option to come back until we get down to Mettenberger. And as you should recall, it was Luck who came back when he would have gone No. 1, ahead of Cam Newton in 2011.

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-...football-just-how-loaded-2014-nfl-draft-class

eznark

Banned
Let's hear more from Todd "Brohm > Rodgers" McShay has to say about this QB draft class.

That say's more about the Packers then it does about us. You need to look at historical context when dealing with Stafford and realize he's only 25 years old, same age as Kaep, and took over the worst team in NFL history at 21. He has beaten the Packers, and kept us in everygame against them.

True, he came *this close* to beating the practice squad a couple years ago.

:kas

Don't go too far off the rails, buddy. It was only one win, a great win, but bring it back into orbit a bit. Just a smidge.

Hunter S.

Good news today RE: Julius Thomas' MRI on his ankle.

Not sure what it means for heal time but at least it's not something disastrous. Really want to see that guy finish his breakout year.

Cannot gather much out of what was posted, but Julius Thomas getting good news is great news for anyone, but the chargers and Chiefs. The bye week this week should help a lot of lingering minor injuries.

rando14

Insider column on 2014 QB class. Nothing different than what has been said but they both like the depth

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-...football-just-how-loaded-2014-nfl-draft-class

Hmmm. For the most part I like the order of the rankings (I'd put Tannehill lower but then again I'm not a fan yet), though is the gap between RG3 and Luck really 1/100? Because I'd argue that Luck is in a tier above anyone on that list.

As for the newbies, what does it say about Winston? (I dont have Insider :( )

First Jak and now you. Steelers are dropping games and you stop watching them. Can't say I'm surprised. Got your ticket for the Cowboys bandwagon ready?

I watched....wish I hadn't. And now my buddy is trying to drag me to the Steelers/Bills in two weeks cause the prices should be dropping like a rock. But do I want to sit in the cold and watch bad football? I'm leaning towards, no.

h1nch

Cannot gather much out of what was posted, but Julius Thomas getting good news is great news for anyone, but the chargers and Chiefs. The bye week this week should help a lot of lingering minor injuries.

No joke, this bye came at a really good time. Hoping EataNacho is OK. Guys like Peypey, Orlando, and Wes Woodyard should hopefully be feeling better in 2 weeks.

Really hoping they can get past the Chargers without any major injuries. Gonna need everyone to be healthy if we want to hand KC their first loss.

Bowser

Hmmm. For the most part I like the order of the rankings (I'd put Tannehill lower but then again I'm not a fan yet), though is the gap between RG3 and Luck really 1/100? Because I'd argue that Luck is in a tier above anyone on that list.

As for the newbies, what does it say about Winston? (I dont have Insider :( )

Nothing in there about Famous Jameis.

bionic77

Forget Stafford. He is playing well. So is Bush. You can't call either of them failures.

I think the real thing to call Kas on is the shit performances of the Lions defense. Where is this supposedly unstoppable defensive line that is supposed to wreak havok on offenses everywhere? The Lions defense seems to give up 30 points to everyone.

The defense is what is holding them back. I don't get Kas's love for Stafford (maybe he is a breast man?) but he is playing well enough for them to win.

Kap is the victim of our team being successful. 4 of the last 5 games were over by the half.... In large part due to kap handling business early. He doesn't get to put the ball up 50 times a game like stafford. He also doesn't have Calvin.

But let's just call both qbs what they are: kap has won games, won playoff games and took his team to the Super Bowl. Stafford got blown out in the playoffs and has put up meaningless garbage yards over the past year. Good win yesterday but the lions aren't doing anything meaningful this year

Kap is the victim of our team being successful. 4 of the last 5 games were over by the half.... In large part due to kap handling business early. He doesn't get to put the ball up 50 times a game like stafford. He also doesn't have Calvin.

But let's just call both qbs what they are: kap has won games, won playoff games and took his team to the Super Bowl. Stafford got blown out in the playoffs and has put up meaningless garbage yards over the past year. Good win yesterday but the lions aren't doing anything meaningful this year

I will argue this. Beating the Cowboys always has meaning. ALWAYYYYYYYSSSS!!!!

Well see here. . .

Pretty sure every one of us here on NFL-GAF could complete 60% of our passes to Megatron. Just throw the ball up in his general direction and he's likely to come down with it.

That being said, great drive by Stafford yesterday. You could tell he was youngry.

3-11 yesterday. Against a weeping sphincter of a defense.

Can't wait to play you guys again! Maybe you'll reach double digit points?

Never mind. I don't really need to say anything.

h1nch

Did anyone catch that testy exchange between Philbin and a reporter asking about Pouncey at today's news conference? Awkward!

squicken

And Jimmy Clausen was supposed to be the best of all time according to them.

Neither guy is my favorite dratnik, but I know some other fans here are already thinking 2014 QB draft. And I imagine every evaluator has a huge miss or three on his resume. Brady made it to Round 6. Wilson to the third. Everyone let Romo go undrafted

Did anyone catch that testy exchange between Philbin and a reporter asking about Pouncey at today's news conference? Awkward!

Yeah it's a hell of a thing to play a guy who might be financing gun running for drug dealers. Not sure I'd want to be in the same room with him. Innocent until proven guilty and all that but it's still sub-optimal

Top Bottom