• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 8 |OT| - Hail To The Chiefs

bionic77

That he holds men accountable for their actions? Yeah, probably. I would hope so.
You probably remember this shit better than I do, but didn't Jennings and some other receiver call out Fraudgers for his lack of leadership?

Or maybe I don't remember things correctly. This has been seen many times before...

eznark

Banned
Jennings did, but his reasoning was that Rodgers expected guys to be accountable for their mistakes and wouldn't take all the blame for receivers running wrong routes. He also didn't say anything about it until he signed with the Vikings and acted like a fucking bitch, refusing to say Rodgers' name for some bizarre reason.

Finley's agent said the same thing but...it's Finley.

This year every player is praising his leadership of the young receivers, but Florio doesn't care about positive stories so that won't get reported.

bionic77

Jennings did, but his reasoning was that Rodgers expected guys to be accountable for their mistakes and wouldn't take all the blame for receivers running wrong routes. He also didn't say anything about it until he signed with the Vikings and acted like a fucking bitch, refusing to say Rodgers' name for some bizarre reason.

Finley's agent said the same thing but...it's Finley.

This year every player is praising his leadership of the young receivers, but Florio doesn't care about positive stories so that won't get reported.
To be fair, none of us care about positive stories about other teams either so we are part of the problem!

I am pretty biased though and my hatred of Fraudgers is well known, pure and justified.

Fox318

from reddit

wIqNYmN.png

bionic77

I've wanted him benched for years!
Just imagine how much you guys would have beaten us in the SB if you had a real man as qb, someone like Harrell or Russell Wilson.

Might have been worse than the 85 Bears.

Speaking of garbage teams....

Packers could use Jennings now.
If you really want to talk about needs the Patriots could use a NFL caliber qb. But you don't always get what you want or need and have to make the best of what you actually have.

squicken

That's a GM failure. Lose two D tackles and the season is over? What a joke. People are way to fast to forgive failure because of injuries.

I can't say I am super-familiar with the Bears defense, but the way I understood it they were playing backup DEs at starting DT positions. No doubt they failed to create depth there, but from a fan perspective they were looking at a defense that showed no signs of stopping anyone and/or a defensive staff incapable of coming up with a plan to slow the bleeding

Just imagine how much you guys would have beaten us in the SB if you had a real man as qb, someone like Harrell or Russell Wilson.

Might have been worse than the 85 Bears.

Speaking of garbage teams....

If you really want to talk about needs the Patriots could use a NFL caliber qb. But you don't always get what you want or need and have to make the best of what you actually have.

Without Brady we would be 0-7.

eznark

Banned
I can't say I am super-familiar with the Bears defense, but the way I understood it they were playing backup DEs at starting DT positions. No doubt they failed to create depth there, but from a fan perspective they were looking at a defense that showed no signs of stopping anyone and/or a defensive staff incapable of coming up with a plan to slow the bleeding

And that's the GM's fault. Plain and simple.

Camwi

Does anyone know if the NFL cameras ever show the crowd in the upper levels? I won tickets to the Packers/Vikings game (first Packers game, woo hoo!!), and my wife and I are planning on dressing up as zombies.

We're sitting in an upper corner section, though I can't complain since the tickets were free.

Godslay

Banned
Weee c'mon Fox, give him a chance! We can spot him at least 2 fumbles to catch up with the rest of the gang.

I hope Fox gives him some reps. Perfect week to do so. I've followed Anderson's twitter for awhile and the guy is very confident. Basically saying that if given a chance in game, he'll be the starter going forward. I want to see him prove that.

vikki

Even with Gronk back he looked bad. idk, Pats fans seem pretty nervous about him. Until Freeman eclipsed the mark, Brady had the most overthrows in a game this year

I don't think I'm as nervous as I should be.

edit: It's not just this year that Brady has missed receivers, his long ball has been missing more than hitting for a couple years now. I still think the Patriots can pull it together.

ShaneB

That is one classy tattoo. edit: Well technically I guess it’s 8 separate tattoos, spelling 2 words. But that’s just being silly.

Bowser

And that's the GM's fault. Plain and simple.

Good Grantland article on this very subject: http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-t...apart-the-demise-of-the-chicago-bears-defense

Call me bitter (and I definitely am), but I read this with glee:

Peppers has been silent for almost the entire season, and he’s slated for a base salary of $13.9 million next season. Among all the depressing sights from the first seven games, Peppers’s decline has been the most disheartening. As a run defender, he’s still an underrated, team-oriented player, but there’s no really explaining away his having only one sack. Three years ago, Peppers might have been the best defensive player in football. Now, he might be done. The Bears would be on the line for upward of a $13 million cap hit if they released Peppers before next season, but at this point it might be the prudent move.

There is explaining away his one sack this season - he doesn't give a fuck. 6 years ago he had 2.5 sacks in '07 and the Panthers still offered to make him the highest paid defensive player in the league. When the guy's on, he's on, but when he doesn't give a shit, he's just an extremely expensive marginal run defender.

Wes

venison crêpe
I'm not liking all this Gordon trade talk (unless we get a first and something, but even then I wouldn't be that happy).

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'm not liking all this Gordon trade talk (unless we get a first and something, but even then I wouldn't be that happy).

Agreed my liege.

I feel like it's going to happen though which will really bum me out.

I was sad but agreed with the Trent trade but unless we get a bounty for Gordon (we won't) I will not like this one.

bionic77

I love how Dragon is the only Pats fan with the eyesight and intelligence to recognize that Brady has been straight up garbage this year.

eznark

Banned
Great, GREAT piece from Richard Sherman:

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/10/23/richard-sherman-seahawks-concussions-in-the-nfl/

A NASCAR driver understands that anything can happen during a race; his car could flip at 200 miles per hour. A boxer knows when he goes in the ring what’s happening to his body. Just like them, we understand this is a dangerous game with consequences not just in the short term, but for the rest of our lives.

That’s why a lot of guys get frustrated with these fines and penalties, especially for the defenseless receiver rule. Nobody who chooses to play this sport should be described as defenseless.

Do I think about the consequences 30 years down the line? No more than I think about the food I’m enjoying today, which could be revealed in 30 years to cause cancer or a heart murmur or something else unpredictable. Those are the things you cant plan for, and the kind of optimism I have right now is the only way to live.

Wes

venison crêpe
I feel like it's going to happen though which will really bum me out.

I was sad but agreed with the Trent trade but unless we get a bounty for Gordon (we won't) I will not like this one.

Unless the front office know something that we don't with regards his potential suspension. They got the Trent trade right so I'll back them with regards Gordon too for now. We will be lucky if we win 2 more games if we don't have him though.

Three first rounders next year would be hot, even if two of those are in their late 20s. Could use our pick on a QB and the other two on a WR and OL.

Mike Mitchell has apologized for the Bradford injury

Free safety Mike Mitchell hates that Rams quarterback Sam Bradford sustained a season-ending knee injury late in Sunday’s game. But Mitchell said he was not trying to hurt Bradford when he pushed him out of bounds on a 1-yard scramble in the fourth quarter of the Panthers’ 30-15 win.

Mitchell asked Rivera to contact Rams coach Jeff Fisher to relay that message to Bradford.

“I want him to know man-to-man, I try to play this game with honor,” Mitchell said. “I do try to play it hard and physical. But I do try to play it with honor. I’m not out here trying to hurt anybody.”

Mitchell said he pushed Bradford, instead of tackling him, because he was mindful of the NFL’s rules protecting quarterbacks. But he said Bradford was in bounds when he pushed him.

Mitchell drew the ire of Rams offensive lineman Harvey Dahl by celebrating after the play, but Mitchell said he didn’t realize Bradford was hurt.

“I’m sitting in my house and I’m going through my Twitter and so many people were saying messed-up stuff,” Mitchell said. “I hope people – the people I care about especially – I don’t want them thinking that.”

Fox318

most any team should give up for Gordon is a 5th.

When a team wants to unload young, cheap talent they probably know something.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Unless the front office know something that we don't with regards his potential suspension. They got the Trent trade right so I'll back them with regards Gordon too for now. We will be lucky if we win 2 more games if we don't have him though.

Three first rounders next year would be hot, even if two of those are in their late 20s. Could use our pick on a QB and the other two on a WR and OL.

Yeah I know I'll get over it eventually but it'll still suck.

But yeah on a plus if things continue how they are we are likely destined for a top 5 pick, which hopefully can lead us to getting a QB with our first pick. If not we hopefully can jump ahead of whichever team with our plethora of picks to move up.

This draft/offseason is going to be very focused on offense. But it'll mean shit if our first pick doesn't land us a solid QB.

bionic77

Welker made Brady look like a God. It's ironic that now Brady has to make throws over ten yards he looks like trash.
Dat system qb.

He doesn't have the athleticism to throw open receivers. Its arguable that he never had it. He can still run the system, but they are missing the talent to make it run the way they want to and he is not talented enough to make up the difference.

The only time he was ever able to make the deep ball work was Randy Moss. I was saying for years that was more Moss than anything else (the two top scoring offenses in NFL history had Moss on them). Only now at the end does the truth become apparent.

Repent Patriot fans! The end is near. Crawl back to whatever hole or swamp you were spawned in and prepare for the next stage in your shitty lives. For some of you that might mean putting your dusty Jags jersey on and for others that might mean pretending to care about the Red Sox. But whatever you plan to do, make peace with whatever false Demons you pray to because it really is all over.

Tom Penny

To be fair, none of us care about positive stories about other teams either so we are part of the problem!

I am pretty biased though and my hatred of Fraudgers is well known, pure and justified.

You seem to all hate QB's that are superior to Big Ben but like Tebow. Confusing.

Chud just announced Campbell as the starter in the presser, made the decision Monday night.

Browns cycle coming full circle, feels like home.

eznark

Banned
It's pretty gracious of Weeden to realize that at 30 he probably doesn't have a lot of career left and to let the kid step in. Best of luck to Campbell.

Top Bottom