• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 8 |OT| - Hail To The Chiefs

Fox318

John Oehser @JohnOehser
#Jaguars HC Gus Bradley said Henne will start with Gabbert as the backup. Says team will start Henne and "see where it takes us."

MechDX

We are tired of being the babyfaces in here.

It's time for a change.

dibiasenwo.jpg

R0j7ynm.png

eznark

Banned
NFL players are adults. Fuck you for thinking they are too stupid to make their own decisions. Forcing them to sit out against their will limits their earning potential and is paternalistic bullshit.

So all the craziness about CoD Ghosts might have just been a mistake by ign? Yoshida was asked point blank to confirm if CoD:G would be 1080p on PS4 and he declined to comment. It will be so funny if both version are 720p after all the Sony fanatics said they would never play a game at 720p yesterday.

jmdajr

So all the craziness about CoD Ghosts might have just been a mistake by ign? Yoshida was asked point blank to confirm if CoD:G would be 1080p on PS4 and he declined to comment. It will be so funny if both version are 720p after all the Sony fanatics said they would never play a game at 720p yesterday.

That sure be something!

To be absolutely honest, most of the people complaining yesterday probably weren't even interested in playing CoD in the first place on either console.

It's just another box to tick for their respective console of choice.

jmdajr

To be absolutely honest, most of the people complaining yesterday probably weren't even interested in playing CoD in the first place on either console.

It's just another box to tick for their respective console of choice.

Based on the initial reaction, true...I don't see why anyone wanted to even own this game.

It's been shit on immensely.

Greg

NFL players are adults. Fuck you for thinking they are too stupid to make their own decisions. Forcing them to sit out against their will limits their earning potential and is paternalistic bullshit.
when you're dealing with head injuries though...

that's like letting a friend drive home drunk because they tell you they're fine

squicken

Hell yeah glad we dumped. Are you kidding me? Is this a serious question? Better question would be is Reid a better coach then Romeo Cornell and is Alex Smith a better QB than Matt Cassel?

I appreciate the good answers from you Philly fans. I didn't know the full background of his responsibilities in Philly. I had understood it be a bit of a power struggle with Roseman, Reid and Banner which Roseman ultimately won

As far as maxing out KC's offense, I'm not sure he can do much more with Alex and such a slow/unskilled WR corps. It's also probably not smart to even try as long as the defense is that good. As I said, I am not a huge believer in them. It's been one of the easiest schedules I have ever seen a team play to this point, and the breaks keep going their way

Scott Kacsmar ‏@FO_ScottKacsmar
At least half of Chiefs' schedule (16 games) will be against QBs who are injury replacements or guys who got benched.

eznark

Banned
when you're dealing with head injuries though...

that's like letting a friend drive home drunk because they tell you they're fine

Yeah, just like that. Sherman goes out and plays football after a concussion and there is a good chance he is going to t-bone a family of four killing all of them instantly. Perfect analogy.

KingGondo

Banned
Really the only teams likely to draft a QB first round in this draft are Jacksonville, Cleveland, Minnesota and maaaaaaybe Philadelphia? It's likely that worst case scenario is you'll get the third QB pick at the very worst.

Manziel seems like a total Lombardi guy.
I've seen some mocks with Tampa and Houston drafting a QB in the first, too.

I'd be fine with Manziel, although I prefer Mariota.

At least it would be interesting, rather than the inept shitshow we've been watching the last 2 years on offense.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I imagine there must be some similarities in the compositions of helmets to that of cars, in terms of decreasing the impulse (classical mechanics) so that the resultant force is less severe. Helmet technology is actually pretty cool, it'd be cool to see the R&D in person.
Impulse is the total change in momentum. Force is the rate of that change. It's like stopping your car going 60 mph over a couple miles (long period of time) versus stopping it over 10 feet (short period of time). The first is barely noticeable. The second may kill you.

So yeah, the idea isn't to stop people from getting shoved, but from getting shoved quite as rapidly. Another aspect of helmets is to broaden the impact and lessen the force per area. More recently they're looking into reducing the torque on the skull, which seems to be highly important in reducing brain injury.

Trey

There is nothing unpredictable about being cold clocked and that comparison is emblematic of the short sighted bitching from the players. If no changes were enacted whatsoever, the sport would die, full stop. Tackling should have been addressed a long time ago as most can't do it for shit, and it's unnecessary in the grand scheme of football to launch yourselves headfirst into a target.

What he should be focused on is how hypocritical the NFL is on player safety.

Greg

Yeah, just like that. Sherman goes out and plays football after a concussion and there is a good chance he is going to t-bone a family of four killing all of them instantly. Perfect analogy.
I'm saying that they're not in the right state of mind to make good decisions for themselves

or you can act like you didn't know that was my point

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Sherman is speaking from a player perspective. Another perspective to consider is that of the team, which doesn't want its investment wasted on injuries.

eznark

Banned
are you concussed right now?

Are you drunk?

Sherman is speaking from a player perspective. Another perspective is that of the team's, which doesn't want its investment wasted on injuries.

Yeah, if a team wants to bench a player for whatever reason that should be their prerogative. The sweeping league generalizations are what annoy the shit out of me.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Yeah, if a team wants to bench a player for whatever reason that should be their prerogative. The sweeping league generalizations are what annoy the shit out of me.
Well, it also justifies the penalties regarding unnecessary QB hits. Teams dump too much money into that position for it all to go down the drain like Carson Palmer on the first play of the playoffs.

eznark

Banned
Well, it also justifies the penalties regarding unnecessary QB hits. Teams dump too much money into that position for it all to go down the drain like Carson Palmer on the first play of the playoffs.

Even Sherman said he understands most of that, which is kind of surprising to me. He doesn't seem like the type to be super honest.

Or he develops dementia as goes home and suffocates his son and murders his wife.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Even Sherman said he understands most of that, which is kind of surprising to me. He doesn't seem like the type to be super honest.
He's on film saying that Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers are the two smartest QBs he has to play against.

Bowser

I have a PS4 Launch edition preorder through Amazon that I put in when all the hoopla first happened back in June, but I'm thisclose to cancelling it. I mean, I haven't played a console game in several months (at home with my teenage bro playing multiplayer games :|) and I'm not really excited about any of the games besides Killzone. I have a 3DS and frankly it's probably all the gaming I can handle right now. Think I'm gonna put the $500 towards one of those new-fangled 13" MBPs instead.

eznark

Banned
Hahahaha, Jennings is being called out on his conference call right now for his comments about Rodgers and the organization. He is claiming he was just "messing around."

What a coward.

NFL: AroundTheLeague @NFL_ATL 7m

Frazier says it's "more than likely" Christian Ponder will start against Green Bay on Sunday. #Vikings

Taco sit down. Frazier says Freeman suffered a concussion Monday night.

the Packers are going to lose
Doubtful but...

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 5m

So, Christian Ponder likely starts vs. Packers. Last time he played them? 16 of 28, 234 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs, 120.2 passer rating… and a win

Different defense these days though. I don't think there's a chance in hell they win with their secondary in the condition its in. Even if Ponder has a good game.

Greg

Doubtful but...

Different defense these days though. I don't think there's a chance in hell they win with their secondary in the condition its in. Even if Ponder has a good game.
Joe Webb won't be around to bail the Packers out this time

rando14

Impulse is the total change in momentum. Force is the rate of that change. It's like stopping your car going 60 mph over a couple miles (long period of time) versus stopping it over 10 feet (short period of time). The first is barely noticeable. The second may kill you.

So yeah, the idea isn't to stop people from getting shoved, but from getting shoved quite as rapidly. Another aspect of helmets is to broaden the impact and lessen the force per area. More recently they're looking into reducing the torque on the skull, which seems to be highly important in reducing brain injury.

awesome, appreciate the explanation! Love this kind of stuff :)

KaYotiX

Banned
In one game Boykin has matched 50% of Jennings production over 6 games.

I guess every team could use a 4th receiver though.
Agree, after Jennings initial injury he was a shell of his former self. Rather have young new talent then old disgruntled Jennings.

Top Bottom