• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 8 |OT| - Hail To The Chiefs

eznark

Banned
check-out-the-funny-hat-ben-roethlisberger-wore-after-losing-to-the-broncos.jpg

Godslay

Banned
Some people saying he has a minor ankle injury and will practice tomorrow. Hopefully that's the case.

At least Woodyard's back!

That's good news on both accounts.

Beddard had up the before and after numbers from the Mathis hit

capture27s1e.jpg

It felt like last years Peyton after that hit. The zip was gone. The one thing I took from it was that he was making more throws rolling out and on the move. I don't know how much of a difference that made, if any, but something was off. Plus the pressure was fairly consistent after that hit. OL was doing a shoddy job. Doubt we will see an empty set for awhile after that.

bionic77

It felt like last years Peyton after that hit. The zip was gone. The one thing I took from it was that he was making more throws rolling out and on the move. I don't know how much of a difference that made, if any, but something was off. Plus the pressure was fairly consistent after that hit. OL was doing a shoddy job. Doubt we will see an empty set for awhile after that.
So the lesson to be learned and the key to beating the Broncos is to hit that old man as hard you can.

PeyPey needs to start turtling a little more like Tammy does and avoid those big hits.

I would like to take this time to kindly tell you to go fuck yourself.

I would turn in my fan card if Brady became a Steeler.

I wouldn't mind it.

I would love it if the Steelers signed Brady to be a reserve QB to practice for when Josh Freeman comes to town only to cut him the following Monday. They need to know how far back to shade the corners for those overthrown passes.

Mathis put a crack in that spinal fusion.

bionic77

I wouldn't mind it.

I would love it if the Steelers signed Brady to be a reserve QB to practice for when Josh Freeman comes to town only to cut him the following Monday. They need to know how far back to shade the corners for those overthrown passes.
The only possible way I could agree to having Brady on our team would be to use him as a tackling dummy. I would also pay a months wages to get all of the biggest hits sent to me.

BigAT

The Giants have given up on trying to get David Baas healthy and just put him on IR. He's been a huge waste of cap space so far and there are still a few years left on his contract.

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo
Giants place C David Baas (knee) on IR, team announces.

The Giants currently have $19.9M of their salary cap sitting on IR, second most in the NFL. Patriots have the most at $20.6M.

squicken

Mike Clay ‏@MikeClayNFL
Since allowing 7 touchdowns to the Broncos in Week 1, the Ravens defense has allowed a total of 5 over their last 6 games

Mike Clay ‏@MikeClayNFL
The Ravens have allowed only one rushing touchdown this season.

Always surprised me that Ozzie couldn't see that Flacco was just extraordinarily lucky to play with a defense that always had them in games. Maybe they aren't playing great competition, but they are doing what good defenses do, and stomping out bad offenses

Godslay

Banned
So the lesson to be learned and the key to beating the Broncos is to hit that old man as hard you can.

PeyPey needs to start turtling a little more like Tammy does and avoid those big hits.

True with any team really. Peyton can take a lick, but consistent pressure crumbles even the best. The Mathis hit was a blindside hit. Peyton didn't feel the pressure, nor could he have really cause Clark was beat too fast. Mathis absolutely blazed around that side. Line will have to do a better job despite injuries.

Cover 2 press man seems to be the ingredient to beat them at this point, with physical DBs that can manhandle the WRs. Being able to run up the gut is the way to beat that defense, but Denver doesn't have that guy yet. Colts to their credit had a good gameplan for this offense.

squicken

Receiver Greg Jennings said the demotion may have done Ponder some good. He had completed only 59% of his passes with two touchdowns, five interceptions and a 65.9 passer rating this season.

"Anytime you have to take a back seat, anytime you have to sit down for a minute, it gives you time to reflect – and I think that he's done that," Jennings said.

"I think that he's seen how important it is to play at a high level at that position, but even more importantly, how important that position is to the overall success of the team and what it takes to actually hold that position.

"It's not just about your quarterback play – it's about how you lead off the field as well, and on the field. How you command the huddle. How you demand things of your teammates. I think he's had an opportunity to see that."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...der-josh-freeman-concussion-symptoms/3171005/

The Giants have given up on trying to get David Baas healthy and just put him on IR. He's been a huge waste of cap space so far and there are still a few years left on his contract.

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo
Giants place C David Baas (knee) on IR, team announces.

The Giants currently have $19.9M of their salary cap sitting on IR, second most in the NFL. Patriots have the most at $20.6M.

He's not going anywhere next season either. Dead money outweighs the cap savings. Shit contract by Reese. Deserves to get criticized for it. Baas will have MCL surgery.

6th starter to IR this season.

Trey

True with any team really. Peyton can take a lick, but consistent pressure crumbles even the best. The Mathis hit was a blindside hit. Peyton didn't feel the pressure, nor could he have really cause Clark was beat too fast. Mathis absolutely blazed around that side. Line will have to do a better job despite injuries.

Cover 2 press man seems to be the ingredient to beat them at this point, with physical DBs that can manhandle the WRs. Being able to run up the gut is the way to beat that defense, but Denver doesn't have that guy yet. Colts to their credit had a good gameplan for this offense.

The way to beat that defense is to run good routes into the middle of the field. Which is what the Broncos were doing when they gashed the Colts D during their late game comeback.

Tom Penny

I would like to take this time to kindly tell you to go fuck yourself.

I would turn in my fan card if Brady became a Steeler.

But if you had Brady the Steelers couldn't lose to him the playoffs. Might not be a problem this year for the Steelers.We do get to see the clash of mediocrity in two weeks. I will likely be drunk enough at the game won't appear to be hot garbage.

bionic77

You are going to get hit in the playoffs. People on menopause like Tammy and grandpas like Peyton don't seem to be able to withstand that kind of punishment. No way you can protect him for 3 games from a couple of big hit (refs hold onto the whistle a lot more in the playoffs as well). I don't know what kind of donkey steroids that John Elway was taking when he handed off to Superbowl glory, but you guys may want to look into it and get Peyton on the good stuff!

bionic77

But if you had Brady the Steelers couldn't lose to him the playoffs. Might not be a problem this year for the Steelers.We do get to see the clash of mediocrity in two weeks. I will likely be drunk enough at the game won't appear to be hot garbage.
I don't seem to remember this being a problem for us. At least not for 10 or so years!

Prepare to be embarrassed by a 3-4 team that couldn't stop Christian Ponder!

Always surprised me that Ozzie couldn't see that Flacco was just extraordinarily lucky to play with a defense that always had them in games. Maybe they aren't playing great competition, but they are doing what good defenses do, and stomping out bad offenses

The difference this year is the running game. It's gone, as in both ineffective and lacking quantity. Of course our Oline can catch some blame, but I've watched the games, and neither Rice nor Pierce are breaking any tackles.

I'm not even going to talk about Flacco, but I can sum up my feelings with this conversation I had with my mom.

Me: Flacco sucks (something along those lines)

BaltimoreMom: The paper gave him a B minus and everyone else C or worse! They said he was average to OK for the game.

Me:YOU DON'T PAY 120 MILLION FUCKIN' DOLLARS FOR OK!!!!

*click*

Godslay

Banned
The way to beat that defense is to run good routes into the middle of the field. Which is what the Broncos were doing when they gashed the Colts D during their late game comeback.

I don't disagree, but that relies on two things. WRs being able to get off the line, and adequate time to allow routes to set up (protection). Neither of which were happening.

Even decent running up the gut would have forced them to possibly shift around to prevent this, opening up WRs to some degree. If your line is getting manhandled in the rush, because your WRs are being pushed around, the short routes aren't going to be there. Have to run at them and take advantage of a relatively soft center of the field.

You are going to get hit in the playoffs. People on menopause like Tammy and grandpas like Peyton don't seem to be able to withstand that kind of punishment. No way you can protect him for 3 games from a couple of big hit (refs hold onto the whistle a lot more in the playoffs as well). I don't know what kind of donkey steroids that John Elway was taking when he handed off to Superbowl glory, but you guys may want to look into it and get Peyton on the good stuff!

I agree. Have to keep them upright. Elway had a nasty line though back then, plus TD. Covers a lot of warts I'm sure.

bionic77

I agree. Have to keep them upright. Elway had a nasty line though back then, plus TD. Covers a lot of warts I'm sure.
Having a great running back like TD and a line like that just makes the game so much easier for everyone. Makes your OC look like a genius when he runs on 3rd and 6 and picks up the first. Your qb is usually passing out of play action, which even a middling college qb should be able to excel out of. And your defense is well rested and kept off the field.

bionic77

Good luck to Jason Campbell this week in Arrowhead, he's definitely going to need it.
JSizzle doesn't need luck.

He takes what the defense gives him and makes sure to pass 2 yards short of the first down marker on first down.

If you are a stupid fantasy fuck trade for their punter now!

JSizzle doesn't need luck.

He takes what the defense gives him and makes sure to pass 2 yards short of the first down marker on first down.

If you are a stupid fantasy fuck trade for their punter now!

He looked pretty good with the Raiders until the Cleveland Browns ended his season and sent him to the Bears.

Trey

I don't disagree, but that relies on two things. WRs being able to get off the line, and adequate time to allow routes to set up (protection). Neither of which were happening.

Even decent running up the gut would have forced them to possibly shift around to prevent this, opening up WRs to some degree. If your line is getting manhandled in the rush, because your WRs are being pushed around, the short routes aren't going to be there. Have to run at them and take advantage of a relatively soft center of the field.

I think if you're not getting the proper protection, then hoping the line gets a push is wishful thinking. The gains of exploiting the cover 2 through the air is much more lucrative than on the ground, and in the context of the Broncos' situation, they had no choice of using the run game to get something going.

bionic77

What if Tebow became a Steeler?
I am not opposed to a perfect human being for our qb who leads us to 3 straight Superbowls before he retires to become President of the United States (they will amend the Constitution so he can be elected).

No I would be ok with that.

Top Bottom