• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 8 |OT| - Hail To The Chiefs

nPJSCV2.jpg

dont let GAF see that dog

ShaneB

Browns fans have been talking about this for years. We're crappy every year, but not crappy enough to get the elite talent in the draft.

That's why it's such bullshit that the Colts just happened to "Luck" into sucking that year for Luck. I'd rather go 0-16 in a year where we could get Andrew Luck, rather than only winning 4-6 games a year and never getting any better.

Then again, even if you have the #1 pick it's no guarantee. Tim Couch was a flop and he seemed can't miss.

Russell Wilson was drafted in the 3rd round. Just sayin!

Tanking for the #1 pick is always an option for a rebuild, but it's as much a crapshoot as anything to hope the next big thing actually pans out.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Heard Peyton missed practice.

Hope he's ok.

Of all the teams with quarterback troubles, the Broncos are the ones in the best situation. They have a high enough lead that losing a game won't kill them and they have a bye week next. The only downside is giving Washington another fraud win.

Hilariously, if Peyton is missing and the Broncos therefore lose, it would continue the trend of Washington only winning when the opposing team's starting quarterback is missing.

Russell Wilson was drafted in the 3rd round. Just sayin!

Tanking for the #1 pick is always an option for a rebuild, but it's as much a crapshoot as anything to hope the next big thing actually pans out.

Very true, it's why the draft is a crapshoot.

Kinda sad to think the old regime picked Weeden over Wilson =/

Browns fans have been talking about this for years. We're crappy every year, but not crappy enough to get the elite talent in the draft.

That's why it's such bullshit that the Colts just happened to "Luck" into sucking that year for Luck. I'd rather go 0-16 in a year where we could get Andrew Luck, rather than only winning 4-6 games a year and never getting any better.

Then again, even if you have the #1 pick it's no guarantee. Tim Couch was a flop and he seemed can't miss.

Yup, we got Jake Long, now he's sucking it up on the rams and our oline is worse than ever, when we finally have a QB that could become a franchise QB. We are stuck at bad but not jags bad.

Yup, we got Jake Long, now he's sucking it up on the rams and our oline is worse than ever, when we finally have a QB that could become a franchise QB. We are stuck at bad but not jags bad.

We have poor Joe Thomas who's probably going to be a HOFer, but have had nothing but crap teams to show for it. =/

ShaneB

Very true, it's why the draft is a crapshoot.

Kinda sad to think the old regime picked Weeden over Wilson =/

On topic, The 30 for 30 film "From Elway to Marino" is an interesting watch, to definitely see that high hopes and high draft picks don't always pan out.

That's the thing I don't get about everyone saying this is a great QB draft. Who is jumping off the screen like RG3? Or even fits the mold like Tannehill? Which one of these guys throws it like Matthew Stafford (jokes aside he was obviously an NFL QB in college with the size and arm)

I see Bridgewater and then ... I'm sure someone will emerge but I don't see a bunch of top 30 guys

I'm kinda biased, but I'm a big Derek Carr fan. I think he's probably gonna sneak into the first round. Has the arm and good mechanics and has been much better at making his reads and keeping his eyes down the field this year. He actually had a bigger day than Teddy did against Rutgers. (I'm not saying he's a better prospect than Teddy.) But I think he will be a solid starter in the NFL. Good character guy too.

Ambient80

"Bust out of a jam and throw up a prayer" ball won't work for him when everyone around him is 10 times bigger, faster, and stronger.

Sure he's athletic, but that's not going to translate well to a league where everyone's athletic.

That's not even getting into the off-the-field stuff.

Yeah this is what I'm thinking. I mean, he has a decent arm, but I agree that his "Oh fuck run run runrunrunrunrun hail mary into nothing" plays he can make are never going to work in the NFL. We saw RGIII pay for his scrambling efforts, Vick too. Some QB's can pull it off but eventually it's gonna hurt. I would never wish for it to happen, but I always get worried Wilson is gonna get creamed one day, same with Kaepernick. Pat White wasn't even playing QB on the play he got destroyed on (I don't think, anyway... pretty sure he was in as RB, but I could certainly be wrong).

I think he could be ok, but I don't see him making a huge splash in the NFL without some serious reworking of his game.

^ Hello

Raiders claimed Martez Wilson off of the Saints and waived Christo Bilukidi. Kinda surprised, I liked Christo.

Was going to respond to this, and then got distracted by Cheerleader photos.

(it's probably cause Maiava and Burris are still out. Who knows when either will come back.)

Resume The Cheerleader postings.

Was going to respond to this, and then got distracted by Cheerleader photos.

(it's probably cause Maiava and Burris are still out. Who knows when either will come back.)

Resume The Cheerleader postings.

I'm just amazed Criner still hasn't been cut.

Like the Wilson pick up though. Seems like he just hasn't found the right fit or scheme.

Top Bottom