• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 8 |OT| - Hail To The Chiefs

bionic77

It's probably too late but I am rooting for the Jets this weekend. Teams keep letting the bengals off the hook. The Jets need to stop sucking balls and make a stand against Cincy.

Hunter S.

Well, look at the other game in that time slot :p

Late games are the best!

i2VfidIahbvkr.gif

effzee

So apparently Jay Ratliff is cleared to play and is looking for a team.

http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...f-cleared-to-play-looking-for-a-new-home.html

I thought that the Cowboys cut him based on the fact that he was not healthy and would not play this year. Fucking bullshit given Dallas' D-line injuries, not to mention the fucking cap hit the Cowboys are going to have to take.

There was a whole lot of deceit going on, really curious as to what happened exactly between the Cowboys and Ratliff.

Eagles should pick him up.

Drakeon

PITT @ OAK or WSH @ DEN. Ugh, shitty late games.

PITT @ OAK has the better potential for hilarity though. When was the last time Pittsburgh won in Oakland?

cashman

Banned
So apparently Jay Ratliff is cleared to play and is looking for a team.

http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...f-cleared-to-play-looking-for-a-new-home.html

I thought that the Cowboys cut him based on the fact that he was not healthy and would not play this year. Fucking bullshit given Dallas' D-line injuries, not to mention the fucking cap hit the Cowboys are going to have to take.

There was a whole lot of deceit going on, really curious as to what happened exactly between the Cowboys and Ratliff.

Ratliff was a head case. They just didn't want to deal with him anymore I guess. Same reason why they're not gong after Sam Montgomery

Spinluck

Yeah, this has some quotes from Manning and Helton in it.

So I decided to read the entire article, and it makes his comeback more miraculous. Absolutely nuts, and sad at the same time (the uncertain stage). I'm sure no player would want to end it that way. Wasn't here on NFL-gaf around that time period. Was the consensus that he was done? Lol

This part made me laugh, idk why, probably because of Eli.

In July 2011, with his arm still unresponsive, Manning went back home to New Orleans for a dose of perspective from the people who knew him best, his parents and brothers. He did a little throwing with his younger brother Eli, quarterback for the New York Giants. He and Eli had always played a lot of catch. “We throw the same, with pretty good RPMs going both ways,” he says. But by this time, Manning’s grip was so poor that he couldn’t catch his brother’s passes; the ball slipped right through his hands. When he tried to throw it, the ball fluttered weakly through the air.

Eli told him frankly,
Eli said:
“It looks like you can’t finish the throw and get anything on it.”
image.php

cashman

Banned
So I decided to read the entire article, and it makes his comeback more miraculous. Absolutely nuts, and sad at the same time (the uncertain stage). I'm sure no player would want to end it that way. Wasn't here on NFL-gaf around that time period. Was the consensus that he was done? Lol

Lot of people thought he was going to be a shell of his former self.

Of course not. But when you argue that high school football should be banned because it encourages obesity (as that guy did) you have to ask yourself, who's probably going to be healthier in the long run, PED use/brain trauma notwithstanding: Vince Wilfork and other NFL linemen like Birk and Faneca, or someone who sits in front of a computer for 8 hours a day at work and doesn't exercise?

In high school? Honeslty the latter.

I know what you mean, but that much weight gain, particularly in highschool where it's not being measured, can be very dangerous and potentially fatal if not monitored. Not saying they should scrap varsity football, but it is a concern.

Best paragraph in the article in my opinion for the noodle arm people. Reading this long article really makes Peyton seem human and lucky.
Not sure I get you. If anything this just reinforces the noodle arm point - Peyton never really had the best arm and what he had is clearly diminished. Peyton gets the ball downfield with smarts, just like Parcells mentioned.

I know it's wrong but I don't want to see the Bungles win the division. Same for the Pats.

It was supposed to be the year of the Browns but since Hoyer broke we will have to salvage what's left of the division.

What will you do if in week 16 the Pats have to beat the Ravens for the Steelers to get in the playoffs?

Back when I liked Pittsyberg a little bit.

Da Bus and the Sea Pirate. Blue collar type team. No rapists.

I mean I'm sure O'Donnell plowed a crew boy or two but that's was his right as Captain.

Hunter S.

Not sure I get you. If anything this just reinforces the noodle arm point - Peyton never really had the best arm and what he had is clearly diminished. Peyton gets the ball downfield with smarts, just like Parcells mentioned.
I am referring to responses like, "lol, noodle arm," that are laughing because the Broncos were losing for once. I am saying eat a bag of dick to the haters.

Back when I liked Pittsyberg a little bit.

Da Bus and the Sea Pirate. Blue collar type team. No rapists.

I mean I'm sure O'Donnell plowed a crew boy or two but that's was his right as Captain.

Bussy didn't arrive till '96. In '95 it was Bam "I'll sell you some weed, if I have any left" Morris.

I just heard on NBCSN that Gabbert is healthy but benched this week. I know he is terrible but what is the point of starting Henne? They are going to lose either way and maybe Blaine can turn it around or something with more playing time.

I am referring to responses like, "lol, noodle arm," that are laughing because the Broncos were losing for once. I am saying eat a bag of dick to the haters.

Oh, so you're crying about common ribbing. Carry on.

I just heard on NBCSN that Gabbert is healthy but benched this week. I know he is terrible but what is the point of starting Henne? They are going to lose either way and maybe Blaine can turn it around or something with more playing time.

There's nothing to "turn around". Blaine Gabbert sucks.

bionic77

Root for the Pats to lose like any good fan would do. Bionic is one of the good guys, he would never root for the Pats to win.

Jim_Duggan-4.jpg
This is correct.

As much as it hurts. But as some fat rednecks always tell me, freedom isn't free!

If I have no other choice I would rather see the Ravens win. But my first choice in that scenarios is always space asteroid.

squicken

At some point it becomes about the other 10 guys on the field. The Jags offensive player just looked disgusted with Gabbert. It was the same with Weeden. Campbell will be no better. But it was like Slow Mo Ralph Wiggum heart breaking the way Browns players were reacting to some of Weeden's throws. He was crushing the spirit of the team

Godslay

Banned
Seeing some trade rumors swirling around Browns and Broncos for Joe Thomas. I guess we'll find out more soon. Apparently true that they talked about a deal in September. I'll remain skeptical though on a deal being made. Now off to bed...

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Seeing some trade rumors swirling around Browns and Broncos for Joe Thomas. I guess we'll find out more soon. Apparently true that they talked about a deal in September. I'll remain skeptical though on a deal being made. Now off to bed...

If Joe Thomas gets traded...I...I...

tumblr_lldde1mMgW1qdxktn.gif

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Paying $500 for a 720p console is the equivalent of trading a 1st round pick for Trent Richardson.

Ive found myself laughing everytime they hand it to him and he runs into a brick wall for 2 yards. Its especially entertaining when Donald Brown comes in and seemingly breaks off a good run on every carry.

I thought he'd be a little bit better than this. Guess not!

Even if this failed, im all for good teams taking shots like that to get better.

Narag

Ive found myself laughing everytime they hand it to him and he runs into a brick wall for 2 yards. Its especially entertaining when Donald Brown comes in and seemingly breaks off a good run on every carry.

Do other power backs run like he does? Seems like he has an arm outstretched to slow himself every time he reaches the pile as if he's afraid to make initial contact.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Posted yet? From a Jim Harbaugh interview transcript:

With QB Jay Cutler out for the Bears, what would it take to get you back to quarterback for the Bears to lead them to a championship this year?

Harbaugh: "What would it take?"

What would it take?

Harbaugh: "It'd just take a call."

I'm making that call right now.

Harbaugh: [Laughs]

squicken

Posted something similar to this about the draft, and it was echoed by Sando today in his Insider column comments. Lots of thoughts this may be like the '99 draft (Couch, Cade McNown, Akili Smith) and that there aren't really the can't miss guys people think there are. Even Bridgewater has warts, namely that he is very slightly built. I don't think there is even a Tannehill in this draft, but it is obviously early

Note this isn't a response to me or anything. ESPN has a comment system using Facebook which is lame and dumb

Sando said:
I agree with you on this QB draft class to this extent: It seems like one that looks great on paper right now, but will not materialize. First, some of these guys won't even enter the draft. Second, only one or two will be seen as cannot-miss guys. The rest will be more speculative and we all know some will flame out.

----

Too soon man, too soon.

I've decided to look at it like this: Trent isn't worth a first or probably even a 2nd, but he's worth a third for what he does. He would have been a fine 2013 3rd round pick. But the Colts got to use their 2014 a year before the draft. So it's not super-awful. He'll always have that stigma of being the fruit of a bad trade, but they did need him and he still plays a role in the offense

Top Bottom