• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 8 |OT| - Hail To The Chiefs

Drakeon

I just heard on NBCSN that Gabbert is healthy but benched this week. I know he is terrible but what is the point of starting Henne? They are going to lose either way and maybe Blaine can turn it around or something with more playing time.

Gabbert is pure Grade A Garbage of the highest order. He's already gotten way too many second chances, Henne is and will always be a better QB (which is to say, a not terrible backup). I haven't even watched too many Jags games, but Gabbert has gotten way way too many chances. People are already tired of Weeden and Weeden has looked better than Gabbert (not much better at times...) and been in the league for a year less.

Bowser

Carolina quarterback Cam Newton is completing 74.3-percent of his third-down throws, by far the best in the league.

kUreW3f.jpg

Munnerlyn hasn't allowed a passing touchdown all year. In fact, you have to go back to Week 14 of the 2012 season against the Atlanta Falcons to find the last time Munnerlyn got beat for a receiving score.

And Munnerlyn is quick to point out that a referee helped wide receiver Roddy White make that touchdown catch. White came across the formation on a drag route and Munnerlyn collided with the umpire, allowing White to get open in the end zone.

According to Pro Football Focus, that was the only touchdown Munnerlyn surrendered in 16 games last season, and so far, the former seventh-round pick who always believed he could be a No. 1 corner has carried that high level of play into 2013.

tXLNK.jpg

squicken

After all, it was Favre and Cook who promoted a public narrative about his conditioning and current skills relative to the league's current crop of passers. Like many of you, I read those quotes and wondered if Favre was setting the groundwork for the midseason rescue of a team.

As it turns out, he appears simply to have been seeking affirmation that he could play while having no desire to actually do so, a twisted path that fits neatly into the Favre psychological profile.

When we last saw him, in 2010 with the Vikings, Favre was a shell of his former self and a sad target of opposing pass rushers -- which in 2013 terms makes him as qualified as anyone else to start for the Rams this weekend.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/95935/sadder-brett-favre-or-current-qb-depth

bionic77

Its funny a lawyer is calling me cold blooded.
I didn't learn that you and your fellow beasts were cold blooded in law school, I learned that shit straight out of a science book in middle school.

If you have a problem with it take it up with the scientific community you filthy animal.

BigAT

I'm surprised there hasn't been a Peter King article yet saying that if Favre came back tomorrow, he would immediately be a top 15 QB.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

:jnc

Wes you'll be blessed with the opportunity to watch Matthew Stafford, Megatron, Suh etc. live next year. Take advantage of it, I don't get such a rare opportunity and I live in the second biggest city in America.

squicken

Freeman had the most discouraging performance on Monday night. His mechanics are a mess. He shifts his weight terribly, never appears comfortable and gets happy feet without pressure. The timing is going to be off with a new quarterback. The anticipatory throws will be difficult. But at some point, throwing the football as a quarterback is a sandlot situation, too. It's the same with Tom Brady. When Kenbrell Thompkins is running free with two steps and you see it, now you are just a thrower of the football. Brady doesn't do that anymore. On Monday night, Freeman was the worst in this regard. There was a fourth-and-10 late in the game and he almost threw it in the stands. Inexcusable.

Insider article

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9871415/how-minnesota-vikings-go-rebuilding-nfl

MechDX

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/spo...e-of-urgency-4918295.php?t=09f1e36aa6cc308649

I haven't thought about it that way," he said. "In my mind, it's been the same thing every week preparing to play. Right now, we're still kind of looking back a little bit, watching cut-ups from the previous seven weeks, just still trying to get better as a team. I just need to work on being the best quarterback I can be."

Schaub, for his part, remains mum on the topic. He hasn't spoken to the media since Kubiak announced Keenum would start in Kansas City. But during the open part of practice Tuesday, Schaub was moving around without any readily apparent limitations.

Fucking iron footed, cowardly piece of shit! If there is any justice in this world he isn't speaking because he has seen the writing on the wall and he is gone.

Bowser

My team...

All in all, I liked the Raheem Morris era better. And, yes, if there was ever a sentence that tells you how bad this Misery Tour of the current Tampa Bay Bucs has become, it's that one. For crying out loud, the Morris years were pretty much awful, a tangled, forgettable mess. Ditto, the Greg Schiano years, where a more talented team is somehow accomplishing less. There is scandal. There is disease. There is dysfunction. And that's only in the playbook.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/foot...o-era-among-the-worst-in-bucs-history/2148754

buccaneers-raheem-morris.jpg

YOUNGRY.

Godslay

Banned
The basketball guys start a loser bros thread every year. Do we have to wait for the playoffs to start for that?

They don't do weekly threads though. So it doesn't make sense to segment it further. I personally like it when everyone is in the same thread.

squicken

NHL-GAF does it too, other then last year every year for the last 5-6 were started by Leafs fans. :(

:(

How does it even work for basketball? Like will 76ers fans start one on opening night and chart their progress to the top of the lottery?

e: I wasn't being serious, Godslay. We don't have enough posters to segment the thread anyway

How does it even work for basketball? Like will 76ers fans start one on opening night and chart their progress to the top of the lottery?

e: I wasn't being serious, Godslay. We don't have enough posters to segment the thread anyway

2 top 5 picks, wiggins here we come!

Watching bits and pieces of the game tape from the Monday Night debacle (seriously I can't force myself to sit through even half of it). Mainly concentrating on how the defense played the run (I might throw some GIFs up later).

I wasn't high on the Beason trade when it happened but I have to admit he's been a nice addition for what we gave up. He's an actual NFL linebacker which is already a massive upgrade over the shitfest we're trotting out at the position. He's played well and he's already calling the defense on the field for us after two weeks with the team to boot.

KingGondo

Banned
The Loserbros thread works for the NBA because the playoffs are so long, and the new thread gives people who are out of the running a place to discuss the upcoming draft and other Loserbro matters without getting lost in the shuffle.

Also, the Loserbro thread becomes a sanctuary since the percentage of Heat fans rises as the playoffs go on.

Godslay

Banned

I see. Just doubles the amount of places you'll have to post in :p

Striker

Watching bits and pieces of the game tape from the Monday Night debacle (seriously I can't force myself to sit through even half of it). Mainly concentrating on how the defense played the run (I might throw some GIFs up later).

I wasn't high on the Beason trade when it happened but I have to admit he's been a nice addition for what we gave up. He's an actual NFL linebacker which is already a massive upgrade over the shitfest we're trotting out at the position. He's played well and he's already calling the defense on the field for us after two weeks with the team to boot.
Beason and Hill both have been fairly solid. I think having he likes of Paysinger, Rivers, and Herzlich getting the most time before sort of skews it a bit - all three aren't good, but overall, Beason's done a good job.

The trade is only a good one for NY if he's able to return next season under a better contract.

Bowser

Beason and Hill both have been fairly solid. I think having he likes of Paysinger, Rivers, and Herzlich getting the most time before sort of skews it a bit - all three aren't good, but overall, Beason's done a good job.

The trade is only a good one for NY if he's able to return next season under a better contract.

His contract voids after this season, so he's gonna be going all out to prove he still deserves starter money: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-giants/jon-beason/

Top Bottom