• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 8 |OT| - Hail To The Chiefs

Milchjon

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 4m Übersetzung anzeigen
St. Louis called Brett Favre, asking if the 44-year-old QB if he would be willing to play. Favre declined. More to story on ESPN all day.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO

What could've been.

minx

Just two years ago the Bears top receivers were Roy Williams and Johnny Knox. Jerry Angelo truly was a pathetic GM.

squicken

Just two years ago the Bears top receivers were Roy Williams and Johnny Knox. Jerry Angelo truly was a pathetic GM.

Cossell was on the ATL Podcast and was saying that no one doubted Jerrfey's talent, it was just that everyone at South Carolina worried he would balloon to 300 lbs

Wes

venison crêpe
Seeing some trade rumors swirling around Browns and Broncos for Joe Thomas. I guess we'll find out more soon. Apparently true that they talked about a deal in September. I'll remain skeptical though on a deal being made. Now off to bed...

WHAT?!

squicken

Pete Prisco @PriscoCBS
Next on Rams list: Jim Everett then Warren Beatty from Heaven Can Wait

Smart Football @smartfootballl
@PriscoCBS Keanu Reeves from Point Break has to be on the Rams list too

Good job Rams. Almost went a year and half w/o being total jokes

e: For the record I am totally down with Special Agent Utah taking over

Agree. People also are never happy on Gaf. Could give them free money and they would find a way to bitch.

So true. It is funny that Sony Santa Monica comes out and says that the Order is only going to be 800p and no one bats an eye, but any XB1 games not 1080p is a huge deal. Hopefully once the consoles come out people will stop trolling so much.

squicken

One play we dissected featured Bell taking a direct snap out of the Wildcat, with quarterback Ben Roethlisberger darting out wide to the receiver position. It's not a scheme we typically see from the old-school Steelers and it's not a play Big Ben is in love with.

"It's not that I don't like it," Roethlisberger said Tuesday on his radio show, per SteelCityInsider.net. "If it helps us win, I'm all for it. I just told coach I get actually physically tired running out to wide receiver all the time."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...ng-wr-in-wildcat-offense?campaign=Twitter_atl

So true. It is funny that Sony Santa Monica comes out and says that the Order is only going to be 800p and no one bats an eye, but any XB1 games not 1080p is a huge deal. Hopefully once the consoles come out people will stop trolling so much.
Haha, I wouldn't plan on it. As far as troll intensity I'd say we're at about stage 3 of 10.

Miguel

It's strange seeing people praising the Texans cheerleaders. Maybe I'm not giving them nearly enough credit. I need to embrace the lack of skimpy clothing and just be happy with their beauty instead.

Or maybe their brains or something. Haha.

eznark

Banned
Weird how after a couple years of general silence Favre is suddenly everywhere. His wife must be getting bored to be trotting him out to dance like this.

jmdajr

BQNb1byCIAAM_B-.jpg

The one with the pink spoon.....

myoldavatar.jpg

Something about FROYO and Texans.

I saw Chris Meyers and Kevin Walter there as well.

..must be the toppings

jmdajr

Dude I knew in High School has gone to all the Texans road games. Must be nice, even with the ass whoopings just the trip itself would be fun.

I guess he's going to Jacksonville

Miguel

Dude I knew in High School has gone to all the Texans road games. Must be nice, even with the ass whoopings just the trip itself would be fun.

I guess he's going to Jacksonville

San Fran was fun. Although I wish I had chosen KC and gotten to see Case live. *swoon*

bionic77

Galleria Mall, Memorial Park, Rice University, Downtown Tunnels (Business District), nice areas of town usually
I hate malls.

I remember my wife went to that one with a friend. I elected to stay at the hotel pool.

I am getting old but I think Miami was the best US city to just sit around and look at really hot girls. They were easy to find too. You just had to go to the beach or your hotel pool. When I was a kid in the 80s I remember seeing some hot girls going topless at a public beach. They don't roll that way anymore in Miami, at least not in the 2 times I have been back since. I did see Daunte the last time I was there though!

I hate malls.

I remember my wife went to that one with a friend. I elected to stay at the hotel pool.

I am getting old but I think Miami was the best US city to just sit around and look at really hot girls. They were easy to find too. You just had to go to the beach or your hotel pool. When I was a kid in the 80s I remember seeing some hot girls going topless at a public beach. They don't roll that way anymore in Miami, at least not in the 2 times I have been back since. I did see Daunte the last time I was there though!

Was he cruising around in his sex boat?

Wes

venison crêpe
The 2014 games in London were announced.

Jags/Cowboys
Atlanta/Detroit
Miami/Oakland

Shucks. I had been hoping for the Browns but no such luck.

I might try and get tickets for Falcons/Lions though. See how the season plays out first.

Bowser

TAMPA, FL - A billboard appears to call for the firing of Tampa Bay Buccaneers head coach Greg Schiano.

The sign is located at the intersection of Bearss and Nebraska Avenues. It has the words "FIRE SCHIANO" in large letters against a fiery background. The billboard also contained a logo for the radio station 102.5 FM The Bone.

The Bucs head coach has been in the hot seat recently, as the team has racked up a record of 0-6 for the current season. The Bucs will play the Carolina Panthers on Thursday night, after losing 31-23 to the Atlanta Falcons on Sunday.

Rookie quarterback Mike Glennon only has three days to prepare for Thursday night's start against NFC South rival Carolina, and he'll likely have to try beat the Panthers without injured running back Doug Martin.

The Bucs have lost 10 of 11 dating to last season, six straight at home, and are running out of competition for the label of worst team in the league.

Tampa Bay and Jacksonville are the only teams who have yet to win this season.

Schiano said losing hasn't weaken the team's resolve, adding "it could always be worse."

"I don't mean record-wise. I just mean in life, you've got to go with the next task at hand," he said.

http://www.wfla.com/story/23773272/fire-schiano-billboard-appears-in-tampa

Bowser

Greg Schiano losing Tampa Bay Buccaneers with autocratic style

Some choice quotes:

"How bad is it there? It's worse than you can imagine," says one NFL player who spent 2012 with the Bucs. "It's like being in Cuba."

Several current Bucs players describe a similarly bleak environment in which the all-powerful, unyielding Schiano spews tone-deaf platitudes while demonstrating the personal charm of "Homeland" character Nicholas Brody.

None of this is a surprise to people in NFL scouting circles, who came to dread their visits to Rutgers when Schiano was coaching there from 2001 to 2011. As I wrote last September, such encounters were, in the words of one NFC personnel executive, "pure misery."

One veteran NFL coach told me then: "It's his way or (expletive) you. He needs to back up a little bit, or he's going to have a very hard time in this league over the long haul."

As it turned out, opposing coaches like Coughlin were hardly the only ones upset by Schiano's approach. When he ordered the Bucs to pull a similar maneuver against Eli's big brother, Peyton, in the final stages of a 31-23 defeat to the Denver Broncos last December, the future Hall of Fame quarterback was not pleased.

"Peyton cussed him out," recalls former Bucs defensive end Michael Bennett, who signed with the Seattle Seahawks as a free agent last March. "And I ain't never heard Peyton cuss."

"I think he just wants to flex his power," Bennett says. "He has small (man's) syndrome. I still talk to guys who are there, and trust me, there's not much respect for him in that locker room."

Schiano lost some respect during the summer of 2012 when, during joint workouts with the New England Patriots, he demonstrated a reverence for his friend and apparent idol, Pats coach Bill Belichick, that Bucs players found alarming.

"He gathered us before we practiced and told us that if Belichick said something to us on the field, we should listen," one current Bucs player recalls. "He said, 'Treat their coaches like they're your coaches.' We were like, 'Huh?' When we practiced together, whatever Belichick wanted, he did. It was hilarious -- here (Schiano) is, acting like Mr. Tough Guy all the time, and when Belichick wanted something he was like, 'Yes, Bill.' "

Bennett, who laughs at the recollection, put it this way: "He's trying to be Belichick. Yeah, some people think Belichick's an (expletive), but he's a legend. When this guy acts that way, it's a whole different deal."

God help us if we lose to this sad sack of shit tonight

Top Bottom