• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 8 |OT| - Hail To The Chiefs

Syrinx

Dick Vitale ‏@DickieV 8m
Do u think the BUCS NEED a W ? Fire the coach is the cry-Pls Schiano took over a team in turmoil-Need 4 yrs!

snes is Dick Vitale? It all makes sense now.
Took over a team in turmoil and added way more turmoil. He doesn't even have the respect of his peers, let alone his players. He's a loser.

Crisco

Banned
Schiano is a shit coach, but then again he's 2-0 vs Rivera so I can't really say much as a Panthers fan until (hopefully) after tonight.

A few gifs from the Monday Night game. Mainly focusing on the Giants run defense against AP.

8 man box with the safety (Mundy #21 up at the line along with a base 4-3). Vikings offensive line does a good job of moving the tackles off their spot but old man Tuck does a nice job of blowing through the block for a -3 loss on the run.

ibolzyHFtV7JhQ.gif

7 man front here with Rolle (#26) at the line off screen to the right. There is a crease that AP hops into and could go for a good 5-7 yards as both Beason and Paysinger are engaged in blocks. Rolle's excellent pursuit though kills the play as he come knifing in from the right to take him down from behind. Barely a yard gained.

ickqTgyXQFVSw.gif

Two more:

Another safety in the box (#21 Mundy). We played base 3 linebackers more this game than any other I can remember in a long time. Obviously Fewell respected nothing about Freeman's pass game and with good reason. #55 (Keith Rivers) is in a good position to bring down Patterson on this end around but what's worth spotlighting is the hussle by Prince Amukamara (#20) at the bottom of the screen. Zero hesitation as he reacts immediately and runs down the play from across the field for a 1 yard gain.

ibysIup9gjj74n.gif

8 man front. This is all Beason (#52). Knows his gap assignment, sees it and blows it up. Play goes nowhere for AP.

iohjp45cGUJYz.gif

It's of course easier to run out 8 man boxes all game long when the opposing QB couldn't hit the broadside of a skyscraper. Still, some good work by the parties involved in executing their defense. Something this defense hasn't been particularly good at over the last few years.

Bowser

I think it's likely he can be retained. I'm not under any assumption that he'll get a big deal anywhere, but they need to put some better bodies at LB. The way Reese went into this treating the LB's, OL, and other positions blew them back in the face. There should be more cash to use once some older vets are cut so hopefully something can be done.

Yeah, sounds like it:

For Jon Beason, New York is love at first sight

Jon Beason has been a Giant for about five minutes.

But he’s already decided he wants to stay forever.

After being shipped out of Carolina in trade less than three weeks ago, Beason has found a new home in a hurry.

“I don’t plan on going anywhere, ever. Ever,” Beason said, via Dave Hutchinson of the Newark Star Ledger . “I was talking to [special assistant for player development/assistant coach] Jessie Armstead. I was, ‘Man, when I’m done [playing] I want a job like you.

“Whatever it is you do, you’re still wearing the uniform. Thus far, the city has been real cool. It’s a great group of guys. They’ve welcomed me like I was a draft pick here. I’m happy. I want to be contributing.”

It was once that way for Beason in Carolina, where Beason was a first round pick, a foundation in the middle of the defense and the beneficiary of a post-lockout contract splurge. But then came the injuries and then came Luke Kuechly, and Beason was moved outside, marginalized and given a pay cut.

His contract restructuring this year included a void after this season that will make him a free agent, and he’s already thinking about the future. Giants safety Antrel Rolle is recruiting him as much as when he hosted Beason on a recruiting visit to Miami.

“I told him, ‘I’m coming up there and hopefully we can get this thing right,’” Beason said.

Beason can still be an effective player in an enclosed space, and has natural middle linebacker instincts. If he can stay well and the Giants can keep him playing in an alley (after the Panthers tried with mixed results playing him outside), it could be a good long-term fit.

Happy he's found a home where he can be productive again. Nothing but love for the Beast.

http://nbcprofootballtalk.wordpress.com/2013/10/24/for-jon-beason-new-york-is-love-at-first-sight/

Dragon

Banned
In what I would consider a shocking occurrence, Boston is using the "everyone is doing it" excuse.

About as shocking as you whining about it. I swear Steelers fans have such an inferiority complex when it comes to Boston sports. And it doesn't even make any sense.

Tom Penny

About as shocking as you whining about it. I swear Steelers fans have such an inferiority complex when it comes to Boston sports. And it doesn't even make any sense.

The way they corked the bats to generate 9 runs and flashed lights in the eyes of the Cardinals players to cause errors was despicable. They even injured Beltran and payed off the umps to overturn a clear out in the 1st inning.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625531

Looks like you can play any game you own on any console but you have to be online if it isnt your home console. People are thinking that means game sharing could be dead.
Curious to see if the activation limit has indeed changed. No confirmation in that thread.

It personally doesn't affect me at all as I'll only have one console anyways but I can see how it would be a pain for those with multiple PS4's.

Speaking of consoles? you think PS3 will ever be $99 with a 100gb HDD? PC gamer looking for a cheap ass console..next gen is almost here Sony time to lower the price you bastards..

Hunter S.

Speaking of consoles? you think PS3 will ever be $99 with a 100gb HDD? PC gamer looking for a cheap ass console..next gen is almost here Sony time to lower the price you bastards..
Nah, they will never find a way to make profit on model that can go that low. They only are willing to lose money at the beggining of gens if they can. A cheaper models main point is to reduce manufacturing costs to make profit.

Bowser

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 14m
Doug Martin will spend the next 18 days strengthening his shoulder & will wear a harness, with the target date for return Nov. 11 on MNF

Yeah that seems smart.

Both should be $99 at this point. Crazy to think we're nearly 8 years on and still at $199. People are paying it though..

CoD: Ghosts is a 50GB download. Damn these 500gb HDDs are going to fill up so fast.
External HDD for the One and a swap out for the PS4 is a necessity in the long run. Get a good 2TB drive for both and you're set.

Both should be $99 at this point. Crazy to think we're nearly 8 years on and still at $199. People are paying it though..

External HDD for the One and a swap out for the PS4 is a necessity in the long run. Get a good 2TB drive for both and you're set.

I am pricing HDDs right now. Definitely will need one for the PS4 since all games will have full mandatory installs, not sure if that happens on the XB1. Anyone have a link for a cheap installable 1TB drive I could put in a PS4?

Damn all my hopes are being killed by you guys...I won't pay $200 for a old ass console when i can just add $200 more and get the latest...

I don't usually ask fantasy questions in here but I have a quick one for you fantasy heads.

I had a trade offered to me today. They want to trade me Matthew Stafford for Tom Brady and DeMarco Murray.

Thoughts?

cdyhybrid

I don't usually ask fantasy questions in here but I have a quick one for you fantasy heads.

I had a trade offered to me today. They want to trade me Matthew Stafford for Tom Brady and DeMarco Murray.

Thoughts?

Is this fantasy football or fantasy competitive eating?

Bowser

Thoughts?

Taken at face value without knowing how your roster's constructed, I think I'd do it. Stafford is a much better fantasy QB than Brady today and Murray is too injury prone. I'd be surprised if he plays more than half of the games left for the Boys and when he does I think he's definitely going to be in a timeshare.

Thoughts?

What other RBs do you have? Brady has been terrible, 1 Td in his last 3 games, and Murry is hurt a lot. Fatford would be a huge upgrade at QB, but if Murry does come back healthy then that could be a big lose to your RBs. Also does you league have flex spots? That makes RBs more valuable if you can start more then 2 of them. One its face I would do that deal but it is hard to say for sure.

Mindlog

I was saying on Monday that I think in a way Martin's injury was actually a good thing, because now he's not taking such a pounding for a team whose season is in the toilet, all because Mike Sullivan's offense is so vanilla and predictable that he needs a crutch like him. Also he got the vast majority of the carries, so now we might be able to see what guys like Mike James can do and what role they can play going into next season.
Late replay, but agreed. I wouldn't even seeing some of the line backups get playtime.

Again I'd rather Martin not play at all this year, but at the very least he better not play before I get my PS4.
Dick Vitale ‏@DickieV 8m
Do u think the BUCS NEED a W ? Fire the coach is the cry-Pls Schiano took over a team in turmoil-Need 4 yrs!

snes is Dick Vitale? It all makes sense now.
Holy hell it does.

gutshot

Thoughts?

Don't sell low on Brady right as Gronk is coming back. He has better days ahead, I think.

Top Bottom