• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 8 |OT| - Hail To The Chiefs

Bowser

I get why players go for this, but it perplexes me when fans and media can't figure it out. Maybe CAR really is good, but they haven't played a team to make them prove it

I don't know what you're talking about, every analyst and their mom on Twitter is posting this:

Darin Gantt ‏@daringantt 1h
Assuming this one doesn't get away (yeah, like #NewRon would let that happen), Panthers have four wins over teams with combined 5-22 record.

Bill Voth ‏@billvoth 15m
#Panthers now outscoring opponents by 74 pts this yr. Easy part of schedule done. Only three games left vs teams under .500 (TB, ATLx2).

But when you haven't been over .500 in 5 years, you take it any way you can get it.

Jonathan Jones ‏@jjones9 3m
Groin pull not tear for CJ, RR says

fml

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Not sure that's bad news with the 2013 draft class.

shit the bed for ted
Still gotta compete with the Jags! Who will have the weaker SoS?

hmm I think they will beat ATL twice. The Falcons have just nothing on defense, and don't have the players to keep up in a shootout. They scored on the Bucs last week b/c the Bucs suck and have quit
Still gotta beat the Dolphins and/or Jets to get more than 3 wins. It's possible for them to end on 9-7 but they'll have to win every winnable game. And I can see the Dolphins or Jets winning.

Sanjuro

Too busy watching actually relevant sports...but...

Code:
                C/ATT   YDS	AVG	TD	INT	SACKS	RTG
M. Glennon	30/51	275	5.4	1	0	3-26	80.1

ibvfHtqirYi8tx.gif

h1nch

Does the Bucs GM get fired too? If Schiano gets fired, won't this be Dominks 3rds HC?

I haven't followed the Bucs too closely but what's the general opinion on their roster? I thought that they had a pretty decent level of talent, certainly not 0-7 bad.

Feels like the problem is the coaching staff unable to get anything out of their players.

Syrinx

I haven't followed the Bucs too closely but what's the general opinion on their roster? I thought that they had a pretty decent level of talent, certainly not 0-7 bad.

Feels like the problem is the coaching staff unable to get anything out of their players.

On defense, the talent is there. On offense, it's kind of iffy. The offensive line is thin and they're not very deep at all at wide receiver and basically have nothing at tight end. All those things considered, Glennon hasn't played all the bad.

But we're not 0-7 bad on a talent level by any means.

Dysun

Does the Bucs GM get fired too? If Schiano gets fired, won't this be Dominks 3rd HC?

He should be fired for trading a 1st and 3rd for Revis, paying him $16 million a year, and then letting the coach play him in zone. Waste of talent, but hey, thanks for Sheldon Richardson Bucs! The rookie of the year so far

squicken

I don't know what you're talking about, every analyst and their mom on Twitter is posting this:

But when you haven't been over .500 in 5 years, you take it any way you can get it.

fml

Hey I took you guys in the suicide league. They are better than they have been the first two Rivera years. I guess I'm just reading a lot that he has changed and Cam is taking the next step. The problem has never been beating bad teams. They've done that with their late season rallies. I just get a vibe like I did with the 2011 Lions.

I'm not a Bucs fan so I've always been on the outside looking in, but I always thought that Bucs roster had tons of talent. Never thought the team was left in "turmoil" like people said, the only problems I saw was Schianos methods of leading and coaching. The whole Freeman thing was ridiculous.

squicken

I'm not a Bucs fan so I've always been on the outside looking in, but I always thought that Bucs roster had tons of talent. Never thought the team was left in "turmoil" like people said, the only problems I saw was Schianos methods of leading and coaching. The whole Freeman thing was ridiculous.

They do. They are next year's Kansas City. Need a new coach and maybe a new QB. Schedule idk. Play the AFCN and NFCN next year

eznark

Banned
Michael Silver has to be the most dishonest dude in sports media. He just makes shit up and now he is telling a totally different story after the game than he did before the game.

Amazing.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Please don't fire Greg Schiano until Lane Kiffin finds a job first

Michael Silver has to be the most dishonest dude in sports media. He just makes shit up and now he is telling a totally different story after the game than he did before the game.

Amazing.
And a mouth breather to boot, painful to watch his live shots

h1nch

On defense, the talent is there. On offense, it's kind of iffy. The offensive line is thin and they're not very deep at all at wide receiver and basically have nothing at tight end. All those things considered, Glennon hasn't played all the bad.

But we're not 0-7 bad on a talent level by any means.

I know I ripped on Glennon earlier but honestly he seems to be pretty ok with decision making for a rookie who was considered a project. He held onto the ball too long on some plays but he moved around the pocket well. Certainly nowhere near the shit show that was Matt Barkley.

Glennon's problem seems to be with his accuracy. He sailed a lot of passes to seemingly open WRs and was off on a few crossing routes. Given his build and arm strength this seems like something that's correctable if he has the right coaching staff around him.

squicken

Amazing.

Yep. Said the Rams had interest in Tebow. Then it was they had an interest but decided against pursuing him. Got my hopes up over a lie

eznark

Banned
No joke, the Rams trolling Favre, then letting him talk to the media and not telling him they were fucking with him til he made an ass of himself is like, the best sports story of the last decade.

Jesus Christ, Cam is just stringing together non-sequitor cliches. Please someone transcribe this.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I'm watching Scam's press conference and from here on out I want them crushed by every team they play. Congrats on getting over .500 for the first time in your career but I don't want you near my Lions wildcard spot or my new laptop.

Syrinx

I know I ripped on Glennon earlier but honestly he seems to be pretty ok with decision making for a rookie who was considered a project. He held onto the ball too long on some plays but he moved around the pocket well. Certainly nowhere near the shit show that was Matt Barkley.

Glennon's problem seems to be with his accuracy. He sailed a lot of passes to seemingly open WRs and was off on a few crossing routes. Given his build and arm strength this seems like something that's correctable if he has the right coaching staff around him.

Depending on what happens the rest of the year, I might think that Glennon could be the guy going forward and that unless they find themselves able to draft a guy like Bridgewater or maybe Mariota, they might want to consider going another route than QB. Personally I'd like the Bucs to use at least a second on an offensive weapon for him since there aren't many and Jackson has struggled with drops this season, though he's still been pretty productive.

squicken

No joke, the Rams trolling Favre, then letting him talk to the media and not telling him they were fucking with him til he made an ass of himself is like, the best sports story of the last decade.

Jesus Christ, Cam is just stringing together non-sequitor cliches. Please someone transcribe this.

Don't know national spin, but in STL no one is buying it was a joke or one off, since the Rams took the whole day to "clarify" their interest level. He has the same agent as one of the QBs STL signed, so I could totally see a throwaway comment making Bus Cook erect and calling all his media buddies about how everyone still loves Brent

eznark

Banned
Don't know national spin, but in STL no one is buying it was a joke or one off, since the Rams took the whole day to "clarify" their interest level. He has the same agent as one of the QBs STL signed, so I could totally see a throwaway comment making Bus Cook erect and calling all his media buddies about how everyone still loves Brent

Yeah, there is zero chance I believe Favre's team. Any opportunity to stay relevant. Jeff Fisher's interview was hilarious.

brentech

I'm watching Scam's press conference and from here on out I want them crushed by every team they play. Congrats on getting over .500 for the first time in your career but I don't want you near my Lions wildcard spot or my new laptop.

what happened to kings of NFC North or whatever you termed them as back when you messaged me on PSN?

Already giving up hope? Or just realize that your QB is mid-tier at best, particularly without CJ, and that your d-line is sinkhole of money that can only pull off 1 sack on a team that gives away as many sacks as Detroit does welfare checks?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I mean, we fumbled away a win over Seattle on the 5 yard line. It's not like we haven't competed against good teams. We've blown out a bunch of shitty teams, but that's exactly what good teams do.
More like Williams got slammed by Sherman and Thomas and the ball was forced out. Also, don't forget that Seattle elected to kneel down on your side of the field instead of scoring on the last drive.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
what happened to kings of NFC North or whatever you termed them as back when you messaged me on PSN?

Already giving up hope? Or just realize that your QB is mid-tier at best, particularly without CJ, and that your d-line is sinkhole of money that can only pull off 1 sack on a team that gives away as many sacks as Detroit does welfare checks?

The Lions and Packers will be in battle for the NFC North title sans injuries to Arog or Staff.

Now that Cutler has gone down our once elite division is between the Packer and Lions.

As for our "mid tier QB":

Matthew Stafford: 2129 Yards, 15 TDs, 4 INTs, 95.3 QBR (With his WRs leading the league in drops)

Aaron Rodgers: 1906 Yards, 13 TDs, 4 INTs, 104.9 QBR

See you in Detroit. CAN'T WAIT.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search

It's probably the realization that the Packers may very well sweep the rest of their schedule. The Lions path to #1 always relied upon staying ahead (to avoid division tie-breakers) and hoping the Vikings/Bears could keep the Packers down. But....

Top Bottom