• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 8 |OT| - Hail To The Chiefs

9tYN4zD.gif

This gif is gonna have a looooooong life.

Miguel

Panthers vs Bucs
Cardinals vs Red Sox
Me vs Sleep

I won.

(Actually watched half of the Harden and Howard show first, then sleep)

I've nearly given up on TNF unless I'm forced to watch.

Personally I just wanna say I'm glad that the Lions won't be going to the Georgia Dome next season as it's the London game. Last time we was there brings back so many bad memories of the nightmare season of history.

jmdajr

Keenum save us

Not sure if it even matters, but John Mc Clain is really high up on Keenum. All sorts of positive buzz around him. He thinks we can beat the Colts with him!

Yeah it be nice. I want at least one feel good moment this year.

edit:

Case Keenum posted a higher quarterback rating in his first NFL road start than any Houston quarterback who preceded him. How his numbers in Kansas City compared to those posted by the city's most prominent:

Player Year Week Opp. Result Cmp. Att. Pct. Yds. TD Int. Rating

Dan Pastorini 1971 6 at Steelers L 23-16 17 3450.0 191 0 1 54.9

Warren Moon 1984 1 at Chargers L 31-14 11 3135.5 212 1 0 70.9

Steve McNair 1995 16 at Buffalo W 28-17 12 2646.2 168 1 0 80.3

David Carr 2002 2 at Chargers L 24-3 6 2524.0 87 0 2 8.2 nice

Matt Schaub* 2004 15 at Saints L 41-17 17 4141.5 188 0 2 35.4

T. J. Yates 2011 13 at Bengals W 20-19 26 4459.0 300 2 1 85.4

Case Keenum 2013 7 at Chiefs L 17-16 15 2560.0 271 1 0 110.6

RBH

A new stadium in downtown Atlanta will raise the bar among sports facilities around the world, according to Atlanta Falcons owner Arthur Blank.

Blank talked exclusively to Channel 2’s Justin Farmer about the plans, and revealed new specific information about the building’s exterior and interior.

The Falcons owner said he will remain very hands on with the project along with team president Rich McKay and 360 Architecture, the firm chosen for the project.

“There will be no aspect that you’ll see that I haven’t approved or have been involved in. What you see, I’m going to love,” Blank told Farmer.

The new stadium will have a retractable roof that will open in an oval shape, not a circle as seen in previous renderings.

Bill Johnson, founder of 360 Architecture, arrived in Atlanta as an underdog from Kansas City, opting not to press the flesh with local officials but to wow the Falcons with an extraordinary design.

“Our only strategy is, ‘We have to beat everyone else on design.’ (It) has to be something so out of the box and so extraordinary that we can overcome the politics,” Johnson said.
Johnson told Farmer one of his favorite features will be the skybridge.

"This is the rail and you're hanging over the endzone," Johnson explained as he showed a diagram.

“Rethink everything. Anything is possible. Their idea was stadiums progressed 15 years ago, and then hit a big plateau,” McKay told Farmer.

Blank said the design team’s goal is to have the stadium feel open air for at least six to seven games per season.

“We did polling in Atlanta. Most of our fans prefer an open air stadium,” Blank said. "My charge to the design team is that everything has to be viewed through the filter of the fans."

“When the roof is open, the concourses will be open. That’s a new concept. These windows open, so it will feel like you’re outdoors,” Johnson said as he showed Farmer the latest renderings.

The stadium walls will be built out of a translucent glass-like product that will let in natural light. Huge concourse windows can be opened to let in a breeze. There will also be a window to the city that will allow a view of downtown Atlanta.

Designers also thought about the stadiums appearance from above, for that classic blimp shot. Inspired by the wing shape of a falcon the stadium walls will capture and reflect light. Falcons red on Sunday home games, perhaps blue for the Final Four or another color for a future Major League Soccer team in Atlanta.

Blank said that he will sell naming rights to the stadium.

"We'll have sponsor partners in the four corners of the stadium. We'll have sponsorships throughout the building, various ways to offset some of the cost," Blank said.

Blank said the Falcons will charge a personal seat license to season ticket holders. He would not reveal numbers but said they will be less than other teams.

"It's kind of compelling to stay home and not come out to the game, so this building is all about getting the fan back to the game," Johnson said.

“I promise you this is going to be a world-class sports entertainment facility that will be equal or better to anything in the world today,” Blank added.

03_-_stadium_base.jpg

01_-_southwest_elevation.jpg

02_-_ncaa_final_four.jpg

04_-_aerial_of_operable_roof.jpg

06_-_stadium_sections.jpg

07_-_city_window_at_upper_concourse.jpg

08_-_view_west_at_upper_concourse.jpg

09_-_view_east_at_concourse_1.jpg

10_-_the_huddle_video_halo.jpg

13_-_mls_game_configuration.jpg

(Soccer configuration)

11_-_100_yard_bar.jpg

(100-yard bar)

12_-_100_yard_bar.jpg

Tamanon

Banned
Man, the way the sun would move around looks like it would be a pain in the ass a la Cowboys Stadium. I'd hate to be a receiver running from the shade to the sun on a route.

eznark

Banned
Yeah, I really wish the league would step in an suggest these teams not do the idiotic "small hole in the roof" design.

JABEE

Yeah, I really wish the league would step in an suggest these teams not do the idiotic "small hole in the roof" design.

Yeah. The league is the biggest television sport and teams are building stadiums that make the game annoying to watch on television.

brentech

It'd be pretty funny if the water flow from the roof surfaces wasn't thought of, and it all collected to a few parts and then dumped on a certain areas outside with a lot of pressure.

ShaneB

Man, the way the sun would move around looks like it would be a pain in the ass a la Cowboys Stadium. I'd hate to be a receiver running from the shade to the sun on a route.

It's the only thing that gets to me about Centurylink field. The way the stadium is situated causes those mid day shadows to be on the field half way.

edit: and yeah, that Falcons stadium sure looks wacky.

Hunter S.

Yeah. The league is the biggest television sport and teams are building stadiums that make the game annoying to watch on television.
Like all the light filtering into the Dallas AT&T monster that shows all the dust in the air, that makes it look like it is snowing.

Hunter S.

I like the look of the Dallas stadium a lot.

Fun fact, Mile high is the seventh largest stadium and it has sold out every game since its creation even when the Broncos sucked. Denver fans are rabid bunch that will murder for insulting the team!

Top Bottom