• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 8 |OT| - Hail To The Chiefs

Fox318

Lets look back before the season at what Revis said about the jets

We finally have our first glimpse of Darrelle Revis marching in unison with his New York Jets Tampa Bay Buccaneers teammates.

The All-Pro cornerback, rebounding from major knee surgery, was cleared for Thursday's start to training camp, but his participation remains limited.

Revis joined a smattering of drills without a knee brace before shifting into cardio work. He told the team's official website he felt butterflies Wednesday night, but Revis clearly feels at home in Tampa.

"It's more of a family here," Revis told Warren Sapp on NFL Network's "Inside Training Camp Live."

"Everybody is real tight here. We all get along, everybody is fine. There's no nitpicking. No small stories leaking out to be bigger stories," Revis said. "Everybody is on the same page here, and we want to win."

Ouch. And a less-than-subtle swipe at Gang Green on the heels of New York's tension-filled breakup with Revis, arguably the finest player in team history.

Revis isn't expected to suit up for the preseason, meaning his debut with the Bucs might come in Week 1, when Tampa barrels into MetLife Stadium to play the Jets in a game that proves the NFL's schedule-makers are the true geniuses of the age.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...relle-revis-on-bucs-its-more-of-a-family-here

Gotcha. Yeah Colbert and Reese have sort of dropped the ball. The two guys who have been able to consistently draft late and still build quality rosters year after year are Ozzie and Ted thompson. Curious to see which direction the two teams go in with coaches and front office, though it is possible the Steelers still win that division
To be entirely fair to Reese and Colbert, they've also spent years picking mid/low and maintaining contending teams. The Giants since 2005 (even earlier really. They went to the SB in 2000) have always been in division/playoff contention and have two Super Bowls to their names. The Steelers dominated the North for years and also have two more trophies.

Both have similar sensibilities as Deacon mentioned. They want to get every last drop from their aging players and in both cases, they held on a bit longer than they should have.

Ozzie is currently rebuilding a roster that was in major flux after a Super Bowl. Thompson has had to spend the last few years trying to build a defense worth a damn.

Fox318

I found ez

gZJ8Cxf.jpg

Dont disagree at all but his comment is likely directed more towards the secondary of the Eagles which is what I was commenting on. The Eagles aren't bringing in a "marginally good" secondary to this game. They are bringing the 31st ranked unit in the league against the pass that have shown marginal improvement recently but I find it laughable to call them "marginally good".

Not that the Giants will take advantage of the secondary anyways, cause we're even more woeful in just about every other category.

Good secondaries can suffer from bad d lines.

I got a stripper as a client today, when I asked her about her work details she was really hesitant to clarify her employment lol she seemed embarrassed to be a stripper but hell she makes 6k a month

Brady is just like Erin.

Cali-soft but knows how to manipulate people for his own gain.

Difference is, Fraudgers didn't win a Super Bowl because his coach is a dirty cheater who has in's with the Commish.

Syrinx

Tim Couch has the most wins since they came back into the league. Just wow.

Browns really need to stop fucking around drafting guys like Weeden and McCoy and bring in a legitimate franchise quarterback with a high draft pick. Other teams might be able to make it work with these second (or below)-tier guys, but not them.

Drakeon

Tim Couch has the most wins since they came back into the league. Just wow.

Browns really need to stop fucking around drafting guys like Weeden and McCoy and bring in a legitimate franchise quarterback with a high draft pick. Other teams might be able to make it work with these second (or below)-tier guys, but not them.

To think, they drafted Richardson (not on the team) and Weeden (complete bust) with what could've got them RG3. To be fair, they might still be stuck with the Walrus and Shurmur were that the case.

squicken

http://thebiglead.com/2013/10/25/film-review-tom-bradys-bad-yards-per-attempt-and-dropped-passes/

A look at Brady's dropped passes and how it is affecting his numbers

For the year, among the 32 quarterbacks who have thrown at least 100 passes, here are his rankings: 30th in yards per attempt, 29th in completion percentage, 29th in touchdown percentage. He leads only Brandon Weeden in all three categories.

His current yards per attempt is a dreadful 5.99. Among all quarterbacks age 35 or older, who threw at least 150 passes in a year, that would put him at 16th worst. These are retirement or grizzled veteran backup area numbers for most quarterbacks this age

Twenty-four drops is a lot. Tom Brady is complicit in some of them. Some are a result, I am sure, of the lack of chemistry between the receivers and the quarterback, while only about a third are true bad drops on easily catchable balls, the equivalent of a booted ball right at a fielder. Setting aside the drops and looking at incompletions, Brady is missing a lot of deep throws, many of which are not close. The two biggest misses were the result of deep throws

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Dude, when did you get back <3

Hah, a few days ago after my one month ban for being a jackass. Missed this place, but good job fighting these bandwagon Packer and Seachickens fans while I was gone.

Keep fighting the good fight beast, when we win a SuperBowl with this Stafford led team these next few years I'll send you a bottle of the finest liquor/wine/beer, I swear that on anything.

We got a tough game this week against the Cowboys though. If we win I have no doubt we make the playoffs, if we lose, we can still make the playoffs but its going to be a hell of a lot harder.

But we all remember the last time the Lions played the Cowboys, right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRk6ffMKx7k

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Who would those be?

All of them. I'm speaking from a Southern California perspective, but you did not see the "12th man" traveling to Arizona when the Seachickens were bad. Now that they're "good" you see all of the bandwagon fans, including in Southern Cali.

Lions fans are the true diehards.

squicken

Cowboys
@Bears
@Steelers
Bucs
Packers
@Eagles
Ravens
Giants
@Vikes

or

Falcons
@SF
NE
@Miami
Bucs
@Saints
Jets
Saints
@Falcons

That's really what it comes down to. DET has a pretty easy schedule but CAR's isn't bad. That's the race for the final WC spot. Gotta like the Lions chances but obviously injuries can change things

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
All of them. I'm speaking from a Southern California perspective, but you did not see the "12th man" traveling to Arizona when the Seachickens were bad. Now that they're "good" you see all of the bandwagon fans, including in Southern Cali.

Lions fans are the true diehards.
Insert Detroit population figures here.

Top Bottom