• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 8 |OT| - Hail To The Chiefs

Bowser

Cowboys
@Bears
@Steelers
Bucs
Packers
@Eagles
Ravens
Giants
@Vikes

or

Falcons
@SF
NE
@Miami
Bucs
@Saints
Jets
Saints
@Falcons

That's really what it comes down to. DET has a pretty easy schedule but CAR's isn't bad. That's the race for the final WC spot. Gotta like the Lions chances but obviously injuries can change things

I'm not giving up hope on the division. We're only 1.5 games back with both games left vs the Saints.

squicken

I'm not giving up hope on the division. We're only 1.5 games back with both games left vs the Saints.

I don't think ATL is relevant anymore with all their issues, but I am interested in seeing them play a real defense in their diminished state, and to see if the Panthers can beat a traditional bogeyman. If you guys can't beat the Falcons then it will be hard to take you seriously

Bowser

I don't think ATL is relevant anymore with all their issues, but I am interested in seeing them play a real defense in their diminished state, and to see if the Panthers can beat a traditional bogeyman. If you guys can't beat the Falcons then it will be hard to take you seriously

Not sure what you mean by "traditional bogeyman". Last season, we gave them the game @ ATL with Nakamoron's "coverage" and handed them their ass at home 30-20 (not as close as the score, was 30-13 until they got a cheap TD at the end of the game). Split that should have been a sweep.

Crisco

Banned
• So long, Brandon Weeden. We knew you were in trouble when Cleveland.com ran a poll wondering "Which former Cleveland Browns quarterback since 1999 would you take over Brandon Weeden?" One of the choices was "I'd stick with Brandon Weeden," which was probably a better option than "I am going to keep wrapping Saran Wrap around my face until I stop breathing." Here's how the vote broke down …

Tim Couch: 22.8 percent
Colt McCoy: 17.1 percent
Kelly Holcomb: 16.1 percent
Thaddeus Lewis: 12.1 percent
Jeff Garcia: 9.27 percent
Derek Anderson: 8.11 percent
I'll Stick With Brandon Weeden: 5.77 percent
Trent Dilfer: 2.8 percent
Brady Quinn: 2.68 percent
Seneca Wallace: 1.98 percent
Charlie Frye: 1.0 percent

nKb7dbi.jpg

Crisco

Banned
The best thing the Panthers have going for them is a lack of major injuries so far. NFC is pretty beat up overall. Now excuse me while I go drive a stake through my hand into a wooden board.

squicken

Not sure what you mean by "traditional bogeyman". Last season, we gave them the game @ ATL with Nakamoron's "coverage" and handed them their ass at home 30-20 (not as close as the score, was 30-13 until they got a cheap TD at the end of the game). Split that should have been a sweep.

I guess I meant the team that has been power in the division recently, along with NOLA. To me, that is a must win for you guys. Gotta beat the easy ones at home. Same with Detroit of course

e: What is it with Browns fans and Colt McCoy? You guys have been psychologically scarred by bad quarterbacking

I'm shocked Vincent Jackson even got me 8 fantasy points. I'm scared about starting him forward henchforth

As for the Browns poll, Couch wasn't as absokutely horrible as everyone made him out to be. Yeah, he didn't get the job done, but there's been far worse through these doors. The talent surround him on the OL and WR was one of the worst the NFL's seen except for maybe Carr.

This.

A worse Panthers outplayed a better Falcons team for 7.5 quarters last year. They don't scare me at all.

In fact out of the remaining games, the only ones that I don't think are winnable are the Niners in Candlestick and the Saints in the Superdome

The Saints are beatable in Carolina, and you're giving New England far too much credit if just expect them to roll over a decent/good team on the road. They've not exactly looked that hot so far this season.

squicken

I'm shocked Vincent Jackson even got me 8 fantasy points. I'm scared about starting him forward henchforth

As for the Browns poll, Couch wasn't as absokutely horrible as everyone made him out to be. Yeah, he didn't get the job done, but there's been far worse through these doors. The talent surround him on the OL and WR was one of the worst the NFL's seen except for maybe Carr.

The most talent poor offenses I have ever seen (with a supposed young franchise QB) were the 2002 Texans, 2011 Rams, and 2012 Dolphins, in that order. If the Jags trade Blackmon then they better use every single pick next year on offense, after Bridgewater. Or they are on that list too

Miguel

We didn't need no stinkin' offense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq8gky4ODzo

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
How were the prices in the TNF Cardinals game?

I mean, if home fans aren't filling a stadium, that just makes it easier for away fans to come in.

cdyhybrid

How were the prices in the TNF Cardinals game?

I mean, if home fans aren't filling a stadium, that just makes it easier for away fans to come in.

I doubt we'll have as many people as we did at the Cards game, a lot were down there because UW was playing in Tempe that week.

Godslay

Banned
Was on a work 'field' trip and missed the news about Hillman.

He has been benched and deactivated. CJ Anderson will be active and hopefully get some playing time!

Feel bad for Hillman, hopefully he'll bounce back like Knowshon did. I think Anderson will end up being the best back when all is said and done. Still be a committee though, until Anderson and Ball prove they are both good pass protectors and can get tough yards. Very happy about Anderson, hopefully he backs up his talk.

I'm not willing to stick a fork in ATL yet. They have a dumpster fire of a defense and lots of injuries, but as much crap as Matt Ryan gets (and deserves!) for his cowardice in the face of fumbled snaps, he's been remarkably solid this year. He'll win them games they shouldn't win.

I think they'll be right around 8-8/9-7 at the end of the year. Can Carolina/Detroit do better?

e: double post, deal with it!

Tabris

I'm sorry, but Cam Newton needs to close his mouth when chewing. Being a star quarterback doesn't excuse you from basic etiquette :p

Wait he's already playing this weekend?
I haven't seen any confirmation but it seems like they are rushing to get Clabo off the field. If nothing else I'd like to see Clabo on the bench in the second half, he seems to get worse and worse as games go on (not sure if it's more age or conditioning at this point).

I guess it'd be weird to switch Martin to RT mid-game, though.

I haven't seen any confirmation but it seems like they are rushing to get Clabo off the field. If nothing else I'd like to see Clabo on the bench in the second half, he seems to get worse and worse as games go on (not sure if it's more age or conditioning at this point).

I guess it'd be weird to switch Martin to RT mid-game, though.

Ugh we are such a mess

It'll be cool to see Casey Hayward back for the Packers on Sunday. Seems like, with the exception of the 49ers game, corner play has been decent so far.

squicken

Think this is the last year of Brady. They'll find a reason for him to miss next year, start Mallett, and tank for Jameis. It's why they are willing to let Amendola and Gronk shorten their lives by 20 years to make one last run

RBH

I'm not willing to stick a fork in ATL yet. They have a dumpster fire of a defense and lots of injuries, but as much crap as Matt Ryan gets (and deserves!) for his cowardice in the face of fumbled snaps, he's been remarkably solid this year. He'll win them games they shouldn't win.

I think they'll be right around 8-8/9-7 at the end of the year. Can Carolina/Detroit do better?

e: double post, deal with it!
I want to shake your hand, friend!

Ugh we are such a mess
It's to the point where there is just no defense left for Ireland. He can't blame injuries, he can't blame a lack of resources (draft picks and cap space) for the o-line's issues, the writing was on the wall all offseason and he ignored it. I wanted to give him one more shot as I do believe he has improved somewhat post-Parcells but it's to the point now where his incompetency is shackling the entire team and making whatever good he has done irrelevant.

Bringing in McKinnie at this point is such a desperation "band-aid over a Gronk'd up forearm" move it's just sad. Again, it has nothing to do with injuries, it has to do with incompetency from the starters that Ireland had faith in (particularly the tackles).

Of course, there is plenty more blame to go around. Coyle's defense has somehow gotten worse after last season, even with supposed personnel upgrades, Sherman's play-calling has killed the team's momentum at crucial times, Tannehill has started regressing in areas like decision making and poise in the pocket after a solid start, Wallace has underwhelmed, and on and on it goes.

All of that said, if the o-line somehow improves with McKinnie this team could still make the playoffs. They've had one clear win, one clear loss, and four games that could have easily gone either way. The good teams finish the close games, and that is the biggest thing that's changed from 3-0 to 3-3.

The good news is my optimism has been completely broken after that gut-wrenching Bills game so more losses will just be facepalm inducing instead of rage inducing. Yaaaaaaaaaay.

Top Bottom