• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 8 |OT| - Hail To The Chiefs

cdyhybrid

Pudge with Blink Dagger...

kvSYOqg.gif

Based Schiano speaks on Bucs fans frustrations with him

Greg Schiano said:
“I have some say in how to fix it. The players have some say. The fans don’t,” Schiano said, via the Tampa Bay Times. “I understand their frustration totally. We’ve just got to give them a better product. That’s what it’s all about.”

“Have I lost the locker room? No,” Schiano said. “Are they listening? Yes. Are we getting everything we need out of them? Obviously not because we’re 0-7. Ultimately, we’ve got 61 guys in that locker room that I believe in and I very strongly feel they believe in me. Does belief get tested when you’re not having success? Yeah. I’m sure it gets tested both ways when someone misses a play. At the end of the day, these guys are busting their guts to do it. Why are we making a mistake? I always look first at myself. Somehow we didn’t communicate it clearly enough, whether it’s the importance of it or the urgency with which it needs to be done or the technique to it. Because I’m a coach, I always look at the coaching first.”

squicken

Philbin and Sherman are definitely stubborn at times, I will grant you that. They are very dedicated to their philosophies. The thing is, I don't think the Dolphins have the personnel to succeed in a system like the one you're describing, and to be honest if you have to scrap an offensive system you've been dedicated to for a year and a half overnight you have already failed.

Maybe Philbin and Sherman are guilty of running a system that won't work with Miami's personnel, but it's hard for me to fault them too much when I believe everyone on the team is capable of succeeding in that system other than the o-line. And have you seen some of the sacks Clabo has been giving up? He isn't even getting in the way on some of those plays, he is a flawless example of a turnstile.

Ultimately Ireland is to blame here. There is only so much coaches can do when they are working with guys who are failing at the most fundamental parts of their positions, guys who just shouldn't be there. You're talking about exotic blitzes, I'm talking about guys getting flat out beat in 1 on 1 situations before Tannehill can even finish dropping back.

"It's inexcusable to fail because you are unwilling to admit that your way was the wrong way and that a change of course is your only path to victory".- Bill Walsh

squicken

"Tyson Clabo sucks balls." - The_Darkest_Red

Well put. I guess my point is you gotta come up with something that doesn't allow him sucking balls to undo the entire offense. I get your frustration. STL spent the entire offseason planning to go spread. Drafted Tavon and signed Cook. But they couldn't run that offense. Could run the ball, pass protect, run the right routes, handle pressure. They ditched it and were probably on their way to salvaging a 7 win season.

There needs to be a recknoning in the offseason on why they messed up so badly. But they had the balls to take the 8 overall pick and big money free agent TE and stick them on the bench in favor of the third string blocking TE. MIA has lost 3 in a row. Hopefully they used the week to find something that works, even if it wasn't what they dreamed up over the summer

Well put. I guess my point is you gotta come up with something that doesn't allow him sucking balls to undo the entire offense. I get your frustration. STL spent the entire offseason planning to go spread. Drafted Tavon and signed Cook. But they couldn't run that offense. Could run the ball, pass protect, run the right routes, handle pressure. They ditched it and were probably on their way to salvaging a 7 win season.

There needs to be a recknoning in the offseason on why they messed up so badly. But they had the balls to take the 8 overall pick and big money free agent TE and stick them on the bench in favor of the third string blocking TE. MIA has lost 3 in a row. Hopefully they used the week to find something that works, even if it wasn't what they dreamed up over the summer

Red has a point with the coaches being stubborn, but you're right we need to chance schemes because this team can't run zone blocking scheme with this oline they aren't athletic enough. We need to switch to a more power blocking but the coaches seem to refuse to do anything about it. By the time they try to fix anything Tannehill will be out for the year, I liked a lot of what Ireland did this off season BUT his complete disregard for the oline really pissed me off, it was such a glaring issue last year WITH long in the line up and he didn't make a single move to improve it in any way. I know they looked at some players and options for trade but he needed to pull the trigger on someone, anyone, it would have been an upgrade to Clabo, he's fucken garbage. Anyways I'm out for tonight,

I agree with you, trust me. Sherman has gotten some criticism for his suspect play-calling and Philbin has taken some heat for abandoning the run too early in games and refusing to budge much from his fundamental offensive philosophies. They aren't perfect, they are who they are.

The way I see it is I like what Philbin and Sherman have done overall. I like the focus on the spread and I feel like it succeeds for the most part when the o-line doesn't collapse when the ball is snapped. Lately they've been doing alright until the fourth, then they just fall apart.

So what's the alternative? Throw Charles Clay, Dion Sims, and Michael Egnew in and expect the offensive production and pass protection to improve? Focus on a power run game behind a horrible o-line featuring Daniel Thomas as the between the tackles guy? I'm just not seeing it, but I guess it's not my job to.

I just can't help but feel like personnel is the number one issue with this team, particularly on the o-line. It's built for Philbin's system but it can't function with a terrible o-line.

I just hope Tanne's career isn't permanently wrecked because of this. I still really like what I've seen of the guy.

squicken

I just can't help but feel like personnel is the number one issue with this team, particularly on the o-line. It's built for Philbin's system but it can't function with a terrible o-line.

I just hope Tanne's career isn't permanently wrecked because of this. I still really like what I've seen of the guy.

So many teams are getting undone by bad line play. Everyone wants to go wide open, but there just aren't enough linemen who can block in space. It's one reason I always loved the Denver/HOU offense. It doesn't require physical specimens on the OL to run. Smart guys with good coaching and technique create a natural amount of protection on all of the play action

Cable has done well with SEA on this. When they straight drop back it's a disaster, but they run block very well, and that play action freezes defenders long enough to get clean looks. It's not perfect. You need a defense that keeps the score manageable. Need a good back. Need WRs that can block but also can get open. It's just easier to find all of that than to find a needle in a haystack QB who can make up for all the warts of the team

Rams are done so I'm spending a lot of time looking at OL play. I really think of all things in the NFL it is the single biggest quality of product issue.

squicken

where does all that fine money the NFL collect go? i wonder how much they collect per year on average since papa goddell became commish

Charity. I would like to very salty like point out that every fine the Rams got was penalized. Meanwhile neither of Mitchell's taunting fines were penalized, nor was Smith's head blow. I have zero doubt that crew got demerit-ed

Gravity is quite good. I really recommend it.

Fuck critics, The Counselor is incredible.
I really want to see that. Ridley makes interesting movies most of the time.

movie looks fucking stupid but i'll watch it when its on netflix just to see what all the hype is about
I'm not sure it's your type of gig but I'd recommend seeing it in IMAX 3D. Seems like one of the few movies worth it.

eznark

Banned
The Counselor is a litmus test movie. If you hate it you're either intellectually lazy or lack the capacity for intelligent thought. It's ok to not like the movie but I reject the notion that it isn't a good film.

The only negative is Diaz, she is a hack and almost manages to ruin the movie singlehandedly.

The Counselor is a litmus test movie. If you hate it you're either intellectually lazy or lack the capacity for intelligent thought. It's ok to not like the movie but I reject the notion that it isn't a good film.

The only negative is Diaz, she is a hack and almost manages to ruin the movie singlehandedly.

but answer me this are the fight scenes better than in superman man of steel or avengers

Top Bottom