• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 8 |OT| - Hail To The Chiefs

MechDX

That's all you got?

Mech you've fallen off man.

If that's the reason you use it makes even more sense for Houston to resign Schaub just because. :(

He will go to the Browns, who are a miserable franchise, in a miserable city and a miserable state. He is a miserable QB so he will fit right in.

Godslay

Banned
It all seems kinda silly to me...well my TV is only 720p anyway.

My TV is 1080P, but I guess I've never really paid much attention to the resolution of the game I am playing. Screen tearing bothers me, as well as framerate, but even with that said, I still played through games like State of Decay with all it's technical warts. Why? Cause it was a pretty fun and engaging game. Sub-1080P is not a deal breaker for me.

Spinluck

My TV is 1080P, but I guess I've never really paid much attention to the resolution of the game I am playing. Screen tearing bothers me, as well as framerate, but even with that said, I still played through games like State of Decay with all it's technical warts. Why? Cause it was a pretty fun and engaging game. Sub-1080P is not a deal breaker for me.

Same here, stable framerate will always be better to me.

But there is no way that console should be $500 though. It just doesn't seem $100 better than the PS4. Or $150 better than the Wii U.

Time to put Mech down.

Mech maybe on the verge of insanity this season, dreaming that Luck will someday join forces with them and save them. But Texans-Gaf needs their vocal leader, they need hope.

The ones that push you away are the ones that need the hugs the most -- Ben Roethlisberger

:jnc

Skin in the game

An American footballer will offer fans a slice of his career

Oct 26th 2013

FEW lines of work are more precarious than the American footballer’s—his average professional career is limited to just 3.2 years. However, for the handful of stars who stay healthy, football can offer a decent living: Peyton Manning, the Denver Broncos’ quarterback, has pulled in over $200m.
Given this uncertainty, football players have a strong incentive to lock in a base level of compensation. Other celebrities, most famously the singer David Bowie, have used their income streams to secure debt. But salaries in the National Football League (NFL) are so mercurial they could never be used as collateral. The only way for athletes to share their risk fully is to sell an equity interest in their earnings.

Golfers have long set up small sponsorship deals privately, and in 2008 Randy Newsom, a minor-league baseball player, tried to sell stock in his future income but ran afoul of America’s Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).

Now shares in athletes may be coming to the masses.On October 17th Fantex, a start-up in San Francisco, registered with the SEC a “convertible tracking stock” whose value would be tied to the brand of Arian Foster, an NFL running back. The company has agreed to pay Mr Foster $10m up front in exchange for 20% of total future earnings related to his brand, including endorsements and broadcasting or coaching jobs. Of that cut, 95% will go into a “tracking stock” for investors, who would profit only after Fantex’s expenses and other liabilities are paid. Buyers would apparently be taking a bet as much on the fortunes of Fantex as on Mr Foster’s career. Buck French, the head of Fantex, says he hopes that owners of the stock will play ball by promoting Mr Foster on social media.

The deal will go through only if the $10m can be raised. That will depend on investors’ awareness of the stock, and the price. In the prospectus, the company projects that Mr Foster will receive a salary close to his current $6.4m for seven more years, plus off-field earnings. Since the offer values this income stream at $50m, he would have to beat that forecast significantly for investors to make much of a return. That he left a game on October 20th with a hamstring injury is an inauspicious start.

Source

Time to buy some Clowney stock now before he goes pro!

Trey

Next gen launch window is always shit. Waiting for end of year one, year two - reasonable prices and actual next gen games.

MechDX

But there is no way that console should be $500 though. It just doesn't seem $100 better than the PS4. Or $150 better than the Wii U.

Mech maybe on the verge of insanity this season, dreaming that Luck will someday join forces with them and save them. But Texans-Gaf needs their vocal leader, they need hope.

Road to 11-5 starts a week from tomorrow. Case will lead us out if this abyss!
Avatar bet? No anime bullshit allowed though

ShaneB

Going to make my way through this list to make sure I've covered everything
KuGsj.gif

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2013/10/22/4867094/a-message-to-all-new-seahawk-fans

Godslay

Banned

Yeah, I've yet to see a price breakdown of the components, so I'm not sure what the actual cost of the device is altogether. I'm guessing MS is actually trying to stem losses out of the gate, whereas it seems Sony might be willing to take a loss initially? That's just my guess, but we'll have to wait for someone to come up with a decent breakdown.

$500 does seem high, but with inflation factored in, it's similar to Xbox 360 at launch. $476 vs. $499.

Next gen launch window is always shit. Waiting for end of year one, year two - reasonable prices and actual next gen games.
I'm doing this same this time around. While there are games I would like I play at launch I'd rather just wait for deals next year. Also maybe there will be new colors because I'd like to get a white PS4 and Xbox One.

As for the whole resolution shit I don't give a damn what it is as long as it's 60 FPS. It's 2013, 60 FPS or bust!

Yeah, I've yet to see a price breakdown of the components, so I'm not sure what the actual cost of the device is altogether. I'm guessing MS is actually trying to stem losses out of the gate, whereas it seems Sony might be willing to take a loss initially? That's just my guess, but we'll have to wait for someone to come up with a decent breakdown.

$500 does seem high, but with inflation factored in, it's similar to Xbox 360 at launch. $476 vs. $499.

using inflation the prices of actual videogames has gone down drastically over the past 30 years!

squicken

Before the Season started I was wondering if there was a chance People would rank Barr over Clowney, but I didn't say anything because I didn't want to sound crazy :lol

Clowney is top 5. He'll have to answer some questions about his work ethic but the talent is too evident. Game changer when movitvated

Top Bottom