• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 8 |OT| - Hail To The Chiefs

cajunator

Banned
Odds are XBONE will be a shooterbox again which is reason enough for me to avoid it.
Unless it has like Team Fortress 3 or something.

i don't think most people are saying "generation over ps4 wins!" because of that but it is worth discussing that a console which costs $100 more can't reach the same graphical level at launch. it's a long generation but it honestly has to be embarrassing for MS (if true)
The very first announcement of the XB1 MS said graphical power wasn't their #1 priority. I don't think they give a single fuck if the PS4 is more powerful. If it does turn out that 3rd party games look better on PS4 and that impacts sales then they will care, but games didn't look better on the vastly more powerful PS3, and that thing had the Cell powering it.

Dragon

Banned
Odds are XBONE will be a shooterbox again which is reason enough for me to avoid it.
Unless it has like Team Fortress 3 or something.

I didn't know Nintendo elitism was a thing.

The very first announcement of the XB1 MS said graphical power wasn't their #1 priority. I don't think they give a single fuck if the PS4 is more powerful. If it does turn out that 3rd party games look better on PS4 and that impacts sales then they will care, but games didn't look better on the vastly more powerful PS3, and that thing had the Cell powering it.

They don't give a fuck, yet they're embargoing their version of every game on purpose because of graphical issues. Makes serious sense!

eznark

Banned

Ps4 is more powerful and simpler architecture.

But Titanfall and the clowwwwwwwwwwd

Ps4 is easy to develop for, like 360 was. Now the roles seem reversed except ps4 has the best of both worlds: easier to develop for and more powerful. Both systems will sell though so ms probably won't care regardless

I didn't know Nintendo elitism was a thing.

They don't give a fuck, yet they're embargoing their version of every game on purpose because of graphical issues. Makes serious sense!
CoD: G comes out on the 22nd for XB1 and the review embargo is up on the 12th. Clearly MS is trying to hide the facts from gamerzzzz.

Hunter S.

Ps4 is easy to develop for, like 360 was. Now the roles seem reversed except ps4 has the best of both worlds: easier to develop for and more powerful. Both systems will sell though so ms probably won't care regardless

Technically both sold consoles well this Gen. If the bone losses sales in North America, as i suspect than they will be very worried about it. They want to gain market ownership not lose it. I suspect they will lose a chunk of the market share everywhere, except in Japan where there sales are already negligible.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I know the latter but insinuating the 360 was just a shooterbox is kinda crazy to me.

Yeah, if anything the PC is. There are far more exclusive FPSes that are on PC that never made it to 360.

At least get drunk dude. I found out last night smoking legal weed cures a hangover! Going to do the same for halloween.

I can't drink too much alcohol due to stomach issues. ;\

They've certainly fooled you. Not that that appears too difficult.
You are such a fucking asshole. Some of us don't give a single fuck about specs. Hell I bought a Wii and a wiiu at launch. MS has a lot of exclusives I like so I am buying an XB1 just like Sony has a lot of exclusives that I like so I am buying a PS4.

Dragon

Banned
Seriously?

Ill explain what I mean by that. Its byt far the best selling genre on the system and the most heavily advertised genre on it.

That is true of every console except for the WiiU. Even the PC I'd suspect.

You are such a fucking asshole. Some of us don't give a single fuck about specs. Hell I bought a Wii and a wiiu at launch. MS has a lot of exclusives I like so I am buying an XB1 just like Sony has a lot of exclusives that I like so I am buying a PS4.

Nintendo doesn't bend people over with price even though they are incredibly conservative. MS has a lot of exclusives has to be a joke. They abandoned the 360 like a drunken sailor waking up next to a whore that he hadn't paid yet.

Enjoy your 720p! :)

Been apparent for a while, at least in comparison to the other console coming out.

*Quotes Gerstmann saying that numbers ultimately don't matter and the childish back and forth of console warriors is stupid...to further his console war agenda*

That's our Dragon.

jbug617

Banned
Outside of Forza and that generic zombie game what exclusives?

For me it's Dead Rising 3, Killer Instinct, Powerstar Golf and Crimson Dragon.

I want to see more of what Sunset Overdrive and Quantum Break ends up being.

To be honest I really don't like most FPS. Halo is the exception

Spinluck

You would think after the Wii crushed the ps3/360 this Gen that people would take a step back before predicting how the whole Gen will play out before it even starts.

Exactly. Look at standard res games like Mario Galaxy that are absolutely gorgeous in motion. Or Donkey Kong Country Returns, and Smash Bros. Smooth stable framerate will always be better, and is much more noticeable no matter how far you are from your TV or monitor. At least imo.

I'm not pardoning Microsoft for cheaping out on hardware to upgrade Kinect specs (bitch move). I personally dislike the move because I see no value in Kinect. Hence, why I'll probably pick up one way later next gen if it has games I wanna play. But unlike Gaf, people in the real world aren't gonna sit there and count pixels, and I don't think it'll be a huge difference maker this gen. I think games like Ryse are good looking enough to convince people that there's a leap.

Still shitty of MS to charge $100 more for inferior tech. Kinect should be an option bundle. Maybe they would've been able to undercut the PS4 price, because stacked up against Wii U and XB1, PS4 has the best value dollar for dollar.

Godslay

Banned
I guess I don't care if the initial batch of games are in 720p, as long as they are good. People get so wrapped up in towing a companies line in regards to specs, that they forget the platforms are about the games, which are ultimately about gameplay and entertainment.

To be entirely honest, the two games (Hotline Miami & Fire Emblem) that I've enjoyed the most over the past year aren't great looking games, nor do they have to be. Why? Because they run fine, they look good enough, and in the end the gameplay and presentation trumps over anything else.

As far as technical disasters, I'll reserve judgment until they are released. Maybe CBOAT is right, but I guess we will have to wait and see. I would be surprised if the OS didn't run smoothly, considering Dave Cutler is involved. Time will tell.

MechDX

You keep saying that but it's not happening.

You need to accept he's coming back to Houston. He's the best you have, the best you'll ever have and he'll be signed on a long term deal.

Accept your Schaub god!

Why? Because Lombardi is a freaking idiot. He would do it because. That's why.

Konka

Banned
I guess I don't care if the initial batch of games are in 720p, as long as they are good. People get so wrapped up in towing a companies line in regards to specs, that they forget the platforms are about the games, which are ultimately about gameplay and entertainment.

To be entirely honest, the two games (Hotline Miami & Fire Emblem) that I've enjoyed the most over the past year aren't great looking games, nor do they have to be. Why? Because they run fine, they look good enough, and in the end the gameplay and presentation trumps over anything else.

As far as technical disasters, I'll reserve judgment until they are released. Maybe CBOAT is right, but I guess we will have to wait and see. I would be surprised if the OS didn't run smoothly, considering Dave Cutler is involved. Time will tell.

It all seems kinda silly to me...well my TV is only 720p anyway.

Top Bottom