• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 9 |OT| - Doin' It 2003 Style

Status
Not open for further replies.
akF1XR9.png

mKyK3Bw.jpg

"The Keymaker Tony Gonzalez is mine, and I see no reason why I should give him up."

jbug617

Banned
Xbox One has a good situation set up next year with Titanfall in the Spring and Halo in the Fall.

Now we know how he gets all these married women to sleep with him:

qZyQPLz.png

He did the pirate thing before. I think it was shown on the documentary NFL Films did

cdyhybrid

Between Hoodie, Gronk, and Kraft who is the biggest debaucher in New England?

Gronk's debauchery is good-natured and non-malicious, though. I don't think he's on the same level as Kraft and Belicheat.

To be honest, Sydney Rice was doing his best to be cut anyway. Unfortunately, without Harvin we basically have Tate, Baldwin, and Chopchop left.

Don't let scalies push you around like that!

Yeah, Rice was gone anyway, but we need the bodies. Wonder if they'll bring Ricardo Lockette up.

Bowser

Mike Belloti talking shit about Cam to pump up his former school's trash QB

"I think he'll be a fine quarterback at the (NFL) level, much like a (Colin) Kaepernick-type guy ... better than Carolina's quarterback right now," Belotti told WFNZ-FM's "The Drive" on Tuesday.

Bellotti said Mariota is a "better student of the game" than Newton, and that Newton -- a 6-foot-5 and 245-pound physical marvel who ran the 40-yard dash in 4.58 seconds at the combine -- has been able to rely on his natural gifts to get by.

"Cam has never had to work as hard, and I think he is finally now starting to get it and spend time in the classroom with the coaches," Bellotti said. "A lot of things come really easy to Cam. I think he still thinks he can just go out there and do it. I think Marcus is a combination of the athlete and the student."

Bellotti said he believes Mariota (6-4, 211) is faster than Newton and also "a more natural runner" than Robert Griffin III of the Washington Redskins.

"I don't know if he is quite as good a pure passer (as Griffin), but he is a better combination because RGIII is more of a sprinter as opposed to a football runner, and so he puts himself in situations where he can't protect himself," Bellotti said.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...a-will-be-better-than-cam-newton-belotti-says

Fuck off with your slander bullshit about Cam's work ethic and intelligence you dweeb.

Farooq

Banned
With Brian Waters gone for the season, I am pissed the Cowboys didn't address the guard position with the draft. The Cowboys were hoping a 36 year old player who hasn't played for a year was going to solve their problems. Waters played well, but that fact that they required his services just outlines their ineptitude.

In the second round they drafted Gavin Escobar. Larry Warford was not even on their fucking board, I don't think Larry Warford gave up a sack this season.

It is very hard for me to see the Cowboys going anywhere with Jerry Jones at the helm. There was a glimmer of hope when Parcells came to Dallas to right the ship. But, Parcells guys are getting older or are gone. Jerry does not know how to build a team. Shit is just depressing.

Godslay

Banned
No wonder we have so many new Bronco fans.

I started posting the year Orton was the starter, prior to the season Tebow got a shot. Most of the guys that posted then, post now. We've added some guys here and there, but there haven't been a huge influx of people all of a sudden. In fact there is only 1 guy that posts during gameday that didn't post last year. Won't say his name, but he's welcome just as well.

As GAF grows, so will the teams. Nothing I can do about it.

There's always a swell whenever teams do well. Look at all the Chiefs fans around now. Where were these guys come mock draft, the past 3 seasons? Chiefs fans being non existent was a running joke here for years.

Broncos too.

I started posting the year Orton was the starter, prior to the season Tebow got a shot. Most of the guys that posted then, post now. We've added some guys here and there, but there haven't been a huge influx of people all of a sudden. In fact there is only 1 guy that posts during gameday that didn't post last year. Won't say his name, but he's welcome just as well.

Its that damn Tabris isnt it?

cashman

Banned
With Brian Waters gone for the season, I am pissed the Cowboys didn't address the guard position with the draft. The Cowboys were hoping a 36 year old player who hasn't played for a year was going to solve their problems. Waters played well, but that fact that they required his services just outlines their ineptitude.

In the second round they drafted Gavin Escobar. Larry Warford was not even on their fucking board, I don't think Larry Warford gave up a sack this season.

It is very hard for me to see the Cowboys going anywhere with Jerry Jones at the helm. There was a glimmer of hope when Parcells came to Dallas to right the ship. But, Parcells guys are getting older or are gone. Jerry does not know how to build a team. Shit is just depressing.
Yep just a complete failure by Jerrah not doing anything to improve either of the lines.

Godslay

Banned
There's always a swell whenever teams do well. Look at all the Chiefs fans around now. Where were these guys come mock draft, the past 3 seasons? Chiefs fans being non existent was a running joke here for years.

Broncos too.

Oh you.

Its that damn Tabris isnt it?

No, just a random guy I've seen post come gameday, no need to call him out. The thing with Tabris is, he tells you exactly who he roots for and who he doesn't. Doesn't pull any punches. I can respect that, even if he's not really a Bronco fan.

I'm sure Tannehill would like to know why they keep letting him get his ass beat every game.

Edit: Or maybe it's Mrs. Tannehill.

I don't think this is Tannehill. He doesn't have any reason to hide behind an "offensive players" broad brushtroke.

Meanwhile Wallace has already complained about his targets once this season and hasn't had much attention since week 2.

effzee

What really brother me is why we let Jenkins go. From everything I heard he was a good leader on D and already played in a 3-4 scheme in GB.

I don't think this is Tannehill. He doesn't have any reason to hide behind an "offensive players" broad brushtroke.

Meanwhile Wallace has already complained about his targets once this season and hasn't had much attention since week 2.

I don't know if this has been posted anywhere else but per the Jeff tweet, he just said players, either way I'm sure Wallace is 99% the cause/voice behind it but I wouldn't be surprised if it's other players too, he's gotten worse at play calling and our running game has actually improved, it boggles the mind.

I don't know if this has been posted anywhere else but per the Jeff tweet, he just said players, either way I'm sure Wallace is 99% the cause/voice behind it but I wouldn't be surprised if it's other players too, he's gotten worse at play calling and our running game has actually improved, it boggles the mind.

Thing is though your running game has to be the focus. Guys are just drilling Tannehill with no regard. They have to be slowed down.

The increase in running is to protect this dude. He's a big guy, but that many hits so early in his career and he could be David Carr 2.0

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Hear hear!

Say what you want but Browns-GAF stand strong. We ain't running away.

Also why I tend to give shit to people who follow winning teams then run away when they lose a big game.

Thing is though your running game has to be the focus. Guys are just drilling Tannehill with no regard. They have to be slowed down.

The increase in running is to protect this dude. He's a big guy, but that many hits so early in his career and he could be David Carr 2.0

Yeah it has ways to go and the oline is still crap but it was enough to beat the pats, we were moving the ball very well on them and due to bad calls/collapse we fell behind but we were only down by 10 with plenty of time, there was no need to abandon the running game. As soon as teams see we stop running they start teeing off on Tannehill and Sherman still doesn't seem to grasp that idea.

Godslay

Banned
Hear hear!

Also why I tend to give shit to people who follow winning teams then run away when they lose a big game.

Some much bullshit in this post, we all know that when Trent Truck came to town the ranks swelled.

It was Weeden that made them swell
No, it wasn't. :p

Farooq

Banned
Yep just a complete failure by Jerrah not doing anything to improve either of the lines.

At least Parcells built from the inside out. I think the 2007 season was Parcells plan coming into fruition.

Pro Bowlers on the O-line, Gurode, Flozell, Davis.
Pro Bowlers from the front 7: Greg Ellis, Ware.

Not to mention on the D-line you would have Ratliff, Canty, and Spears. Ratliff would be another 4 time Pro bowler in subsequent years.

What did Jerry do after 2007? Give up a 1st and 3rd for Roy Williams. Completely destroyed any chance of having a successful draft in 2009 and one of the reasons why Wade Phillips tenure ended in Dallas.

Some of the stupid shit Jerry does boggles the mind.

BigAT

Hear hear!

We all know Jdez will be back as soon as he's no longer grounded.

At least Parcells built inside out. I think the 2007 season was Parcells plan coming into fruition.

Pro Bowlers on the O-line, Gurode, Flozell, Davis.
Pro Bowlers from the front 7: Greg Ellis, Ware.

Not to mention on the D-line you would have Ratliff, Canty, and Spears. Ratliff would be another 4 time Pro bowler in subsequent years.

What did Jerry do after 2007? Give up a 1st and 3rd for Roy Williams. Completely destroyed any chance of having a successful draft in 2009 and one of the reasons why Wade Phillips tenure ended in Dallas.

Some of the stupid shit Jerry does boggles the mind.

Parcells tried that in Miami and while our D-line has been solid, our O-line is historically bad. Of course none of that matters without a QB and at least some star players.

ShaneB

Well god dammit. I jinxed us when I said I was wondering when a big injury would come to the Seahawks like the injury overload in week 7. Fuck.

That's horrible, made all the sense in the world to ship him back to KC.

Apparently KC offered a 5th rounder for him.
Falcons wanted a 3rd rounder. KC said no.

Lol.

The Artful Dodger said:
Sucks that they talked him out of retirement and then like...just leave him on a sinking ship like that.

He's a grown man who made a decision and got paid $7 million for it.
I think he'll be ok.

I don't blame Atlanta one bit for hanging onto him.
Jesus can you imagine what our performance on the field would look like without him this season?
I mean at least we can attempt to avoid total annihilation.

h1nch

For some reason I thought you've been around a lot longer!

It's been so long and I've tried to block it out of my mind, but I believe I was active in this thread back in 08 when the Broncos offense started to take off with Cutler/Marshall/ERoyal n' pals. When Shanny got fired and Josh McD came in and ran Cutler out of town, I was traumatized. It was such a trainwreck and foreshadowed how McD's tenure would play out. I was really excited about the McDaniels hire and had such a man-crush on Cutler at the time so that was probably the most painful Broncos offseason I'd ever followed.

The perspective of having lived through those awful 09/10 seasons and drafts I think help to numb the pain from the Tebow circus. I just decided to roll with it as if I was a regular NFL fan.

Godslay

Banned
Apparently KC offered a 5th rounder for him.
Falcons wanted a 3rd rounder. KC said no.

Lol.

He's a grown man who made a decision and got paid $7 million for it.
I think he'll be ok.

I don't blame Atlanta one bit for hanging onto him.
Jesus can you imagine what our performance on the field would look like without him this season?
I mean at least we can attempt to avoid total annihilation.

Tough to give up a 3rd for what amounts to a 9 game rental.

For some reason I thought you've been around a lot longer!

It's been so long and I've tried to block it out of my mind, but I believe I was active in this thread back in 08 when the Broncos offense started to take off with Cutler/Marshall/ERoyal n' pals. When Shanny got fired and Josh McD came in and ran Cutler out of town, I was traumatized. It was such a trainwreck and foreshadowed how McD's tenure would play out. I was really excited about the McDaniels hire and had such a man-crush on Cutler at the time so that was probably the most painful Broncos offseason I'd ever followed.

The perspective of having lived through those awful 09/10 seasons and drafts I think help to numb the pain from the Tebow circus. I just decided to roll with it as if I was a regular NFL fan.

Yeah, that's about when I started posting. I think McDaniels got fired, and I posted a couple weeks after that. Lurked the thread prior to that, but was never compelled to post until that.

Syrinx

Part of the reason I decided to start posting last August was so that people wouldn't assume I was a lifelong/bandwagoner if the Bucs were having an awesome year and I decided to start posting then.

Hahahaha.

Haha.

:(

Narag

Part of the reason I decided to start posting last August was so that people wouldn't assume I was a lifelong/bandwagoner if the Bucs were having an awesome year and I decided to start posting then.

Hahahaha.

Haha.

You can't buy the fan cred you have now for sticking with the Bucs during the Schiano years.

Boose

Hahahaha.

Haha.

This is so me just swap bucs for rams.

Hahahaha

haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom