• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 9 |OT| - Doin' It 2003 Style

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Well god dammit. I jinxed us when I said I was wondering when a big injury would come to the Seahawks like the injury overload in week 7. Fuck.
As if our offensive line wasn't enough.

PLEASE stop being blind to the injuries we already have. :p

#freebailey

Spinluck

I'm not getting a console this year. Gonna wait for a great deal to come by. I'm running out of room in my living room. 360, Wii U, PS3, DVR, Sound Receiver. It would be helpful if one of the new consoles was backwards compatible.

I swear to god that backward compatibility better be a thing now. I don't know how long the console industry will stay afloat. But now that they are making the move to common architecture there is no excuse.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I swear to god that backward compatibility better be a thing now. I don't know how long the console industry will stay afloat. But now that they are making the move to common architecture there is no excuse.

SteamBox will have no such issues!

squicken

The Falcons need Gonzo just to make Ryan look semi-competent. They'd be dead offensively w/o him. Now if they put Ryan on IR or something then the trade makes sense

Same with Peterson. Rookie next year will need to lean heavily on him, even if they could move his salary. I still think the Browns might try and move Gordon in the offseason. That seemed to have the most smoke through the whole process.

e: lol Chickens fans. Sidney Rice is your third best WR and your QB isn't really a good enough passer to need 3 of those anyway. A few PA bombs a game mixed with some jump ball prayers. Getting Harvin will more than make up for the loss

cdyhybrid

The Falcons need Gonzo just to make Ryan look semi-competent. They'd be dead offensively w/o him. Now if they put Ryan on IR or something then the trade makes sense

Same with Peterson. Rookie next year will need to lean heavily on him, even if they could move his salary. I still think the Browns might try and move Gordon in the offseason. That seemed to have the most smoke through the whole process.

e: lol Chickens fans. Sidney Rice is your third best WR and your QB isn't really a good enough passer to need 3 of those anyway. A few PA bombs a game mixed with some jump ball prayers. Getting Harvin will more than make up for the loss

Harvin has to actually come back first.

Finally finished watching Raiders/Steelers. Man was that difficult to sit through.

I know i'm way late, but aside from the opening play the defense played a great game.

The O-line was a mess. Beachum is a smart guy, but he doesn't have the strength or speed to hang with NFL caliber pass rushers.

Special teams was even worse. Swishy picked an awful time to shit the bed.

Bad game all around. I don't know what it is but the Steelers suck shit when they're in Oakland. It's real surprising. Not as much as the Raiders having a black punter though! Can't say i've ever seen that before.
I think he wanted to come back for MNF, they said no, so his hip flared up. Never was a fan after all the stuff the MIN people had to say about him
We should start a pool for when he comes back. My guess is he'll magically heal up come playoff time.

cdyhybrid

I think he wanted to come back for MNF, they said no, so his hip flared up. Never was a fan after all the stuff the MIN people had to say about him

I get that, and Pete and John are conservative when it comes to bringing guys back from injury. But until then, we have 3 WRs and the passing game in general is struggling. Don't think it's unreasonable to be concerned :p

THU, OCT 31
Cincinnati at Miami

SUN, NOV 3
Atlanta at Carolina
Kansas City at Buffalo
Minnesota at Dallas
Tennessee at St. Louis
New Orleans at NY Jets
San Diego at Washington
Philadelphia at Oakland
Tampa Bay at Seattle
Baltimore at Cleveland
Pittsburgh at New England
Indianapolis at Houston

MON, NOV 4
Chicago at Green Bay

Finally finished watching Raiders/Steelers. Man was that difficult to sit through.

I know i'm way late, but aside from the opening play the defense played a great game.

The O-line was a mess. Beachum is a smart guy, but he doesn't have the strength or speed to hang with NFL caliber pass rushers.

Special teams was even worse. Swishy picked an awful time to shit the bed.

Bad game all around. I don't know what it is but the Steelers suck shit when they're in Oakland. It's real surprising. Not as much as the Raiders having a black punter though! Can't say i've ever seen that before.

We should start a pool for when he comes back. My guess is he'll magically heal up come playoff time.
Uh, Reggie Roby?

People on the radio in Denver were talking about how Denver should have tried to trade for Jarred Allen...that would have been nice...

Godslay

Banned
People on the radio in Denver were talking about how Denver should have tried to trade for Jarred Allen...that would have been nice...

I like Jared Allen, he's a good player, but he would be a very expensive rental for potentially only this season. Not worth trade unless he came at a bargain. I also trust that the defense will come together if they stay healthy.

I like Jared Allen, he's a good player, but he would be a very expensive rental for potentially only this season. Not worth trade unless he came at a bargain. I also trust that the defense will come together if they stay healthy.

True, with Von getting his legs back, that should add some much needed teeth to the pass rush, which will help out the secondary quite a bit since they won't have to cover for an eternity.

Godslay

Banned
True, with Von getting his legs back, that should add some much needed teeth to the pass rush, which will help out the secondary quite a bit since they won't have to cover for an eternity.

Yep. Woodyard as well. He's as important as Von. Von is the muscle of the defense, where Woodyard is the brains. They looked much better last week with both of them back imo. Should get better assuming they stay healthy.

Charles Woodson is so done as a player. I made light of it when he was with the Packers but seeing him again, wow. It's really amazing to see a guy with the smarts to be a disruptor but a body that can't do what he wants.

Charles Woodson is so done as a player. I made light of it when he was with the Packers but seeing him again, wow. It's really amazing to see a guy with the smarts to be a disruptor but a body that can't do what he wants.

What?

charleswoodsonleap.gif

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
You guys remember famous Philadelphia Eagle, Freddie Mitchell?

Freddie Mitchell sentenced to 37 months in prison for tax fraud

Former Eagles receiver Freddie Mitchell was sentenced to more than three years in prison for his role in a tax fraud scheme.

Senior U.S. District Judge John Antoon II sentenced Mitchell to 37 months in prison in an Orlando courtroom today. Mitchell could have received up to 10 years in prison, but his attorneys asked for probation, saying that Mitchell suffered concussions during his playing career and should be given leniency.

Mitchell pleaded guilty to conspiracy to file a false claim with the government after he and two co-defendants were caught filing a false tax return under the name of NBA player Drew Gooden. Mitchell and the two other men got a refund of $2 million in Gooden’s name. Gooden was not accused of any wrongdoing, and it was Gooden filing a correct tax return that tipped the authorities off to the fraudulent one that had already been filed for him.

A 2001 first-round draft pick of the Eagles, Mitchell is best remembered for a fourth-and-26 catch that helped the Eagles beat the Packers in the 2004 playoffs.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ntenced-to-37-months-in-prison-for-tax-fraud/

Lol, Idk how you discount him jumping over an O-Line man to make a play, plus he did have that fumble recovery for a TD, he still makes plays. Is he the same as he used to be when he was in Silver and Black? Naw. He's aged I'll admit it. But the Old Man's still got it.

You're right. Raiders should sign him to a long term deal.

Realize I necroposted in the old thread... Since Denver's off this week, maybe I'll root for the Bills to upset the Chiefs. Or maybe that Keenum kid.

Overall he's still playing pretty well and really elevates our whole D as a unit. I'd be fine with bringing him back for another year at this rate.

Overall he's still playing pretty well and really elevates our whole D as a unit. I'd be fine with bringing him back for another year at this rate.

Woodson is a smart guy, and his knowledge and experience is naturally going to elevate the Raiders normally undisciplined defense, but to think he still has it physically due to a gif of him defeating the London Jaguars on a play is lunacy.

In the Steelers game Sunday, just watching Woodson on one of Ben's throws you knew he read what the play was and he broke for the ball, but by the time he showed up the ball had already hit the receiver and he was 6 yards down the field. Same shit happened to him as a Packer his last year.

edit: Woodson was so late he fell flat on his back when he tried to change direction.

edit 2: Uh, Woodson didn't defeat anybody on this play. Tackle pancakes the guy in front of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom