• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 9 |OT| - Doin' It 2003 Style

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woodson is a smart guy, and his knowledge and experience is naturally going to elevate the Raiders normally undisciplined defense, but to think he still has it physically due to a gif of him defeating the London Jaguars on a play is lunacy.

In the Steelers game Sunday, just watching Woodson on one of Ben's throws you knew he read what the play was, but by the time he showed up the ball had already hit the receiver and he was 6 yards down the field. Same shit happened to him as a Packer his last year.

Oh he's definitely not the guy he used to be and would have made that play in years past, but overall he's still playing pretty well in my opinion. PFF has him ranked as the 23rd overall safety, which isn't bad but still seems a bit low to me. In any case, he's been invaluable to our secondary and really helped bring it together. Once Branch gets back in there it will free him up to roam a little more again as well.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Perhaps if we used something akin to this method, he'd follow...

BfMzSxW.jpg

YOU PEOPLE!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
49ers activate Tank Carradine:

Well, that was quick. Shortly after 49ers head coach Jim Harbaugh indicated Tank Carradine could be the first of the remaining NFI/PUP players to be activated, the 49ers have made it official. The team announced Tank Carradine has been added to the 53-man roster and waived outside linebacker Jermaine Cunningham.

Vyer

Buddy went to Bum's memorial in Houston tonight. He said Schaub was the first Texan there and it was a little awkward.

He also said some people went up to Wade and asked for autographs. That's a little....weird.

Narag

Buddy went to Bum's memorial in Houston tonight. He said Schaub was the first Texan there and it was a little awkward.

He also said some people went up to Wade and asked for autographs. That's a little....weird.

Wade thing seems normal given his role with both the Cowboys and Texans.

Narag

It really isn't good form to ask for somebody's autograph when they're attending their father's funeral. Or really any funeral for that matter.

Oh, I didn't realize it was the actual memorial for whatever reason. Assumed it was some sort of public event after the fact.

squicken

Good on Schoob, and lame on Texans fans. Been a pretty bummer month for that fanbase, even if it is just a few idiots

Tabris

I can respect that, even if he's not really a Bronco fan.

As long as Peyton retires on the Broncos, I am 100% a Broncos fan. I've been ramping up on the history. I'm bought into the team. Unless they hire Jim Caldwell out of blue, then I'll go back to just being a Peyton fan.

Godslay

Banned
TitanFall 1 never on the ps4 is kinda a bummer

Gaming side is hilarious though. It's like this has never happened before.

As long as Peyton retires on the Broncos, I am 100% a Broncos fan. I've been ramping up on the history. I'm bought into the team. Unless they hire Jim Caldwell out of blue, then I'll go back to just being a Peyton fan.

Good enough for me. Wouldn't be mad either way.

No, just a random guy I've seen post come gameday, no need to call him out.

Hmm, talking about me? I work Sundays so I can't post on gameday. I took 3 Sundays off this year to watch Broncos game. Admittedly I'm just a big Peyton Manning fan. Always claimed it when he played for the Colts and I said I'd follow him to whatever team he went to. I know player loyalty seems really silly to many people, but that's just me.

And if you're not talking about me, well at least I'm making it clear where I stand if people see me post around here and wonder "who the hell is this guy?".

Spinluck

How nice is it of Ben to boost Tammy's self esteem? What a good guy.

As silly as some of Caldwell's decision making was at times. He isn't entirely at fault for out post season woes. He didn't throw that pick 6 in SB44.

Caldwell is a pretty good offensive minded coach. A lot of the conservative bullshit was mainly what Irsay and Polian instilled in the team for such a long time.

Syrinx

Gaming side is worse than Greg Schiano and dickfires right now.

Can't wait to play ATL again. The filthy birds being our only win this year is going to amuse me.
I'm going to that game. My brother and I have floated around the idea of wearing paper bags.

Godslay

Banned
Hmm, talking about me? I work Sundays so I can't post on gameday. I took 3 Sundays off this year to watch Broncos game. Admittedly I'm just a big Peyton Manning fan. Always claimed it when he played for the Colts and I said I'd follow him to whatever team he went to. I know player loyalty seems really silly to many people, but that's just me.

And if you're not talking about me, well at least I'm making it clear where I stand if people see me post around here and wonder "who the hell is this guy?".

No, you're fine I know you. I'm not trying to call anyone out. I know you've posted for awhile even going back to last year iirc. I was just saying that I've seen one or two new guys. It's not like everyone showed up all of a sudden. Even if they did I know I would welcome them, as would the other Bronco guys. Just the way it's worked in the past. Panicfreak was the newest guy I've seen this year. Even so he's one of us!

Any Ravens fans feel confident this week?

Not me.

Of course! The Browns are always good for what ails ya and a win against the Bengals the following week puts us right back in it to win it.

Now if we were to lose one of those two well....I'm sure our Texans bros can make room for us in the "we could of been somebody" pity circle.

Mindlog

Damn, thinking back on those good old days. Someone needs to make a Bruce mask.
6JTgIJ6.jpg

It will probably be really hard to get tickets to that game. That Atlanta fanbase really knows how to travel and support their team.

God what a depressing season.

Not sure where else to post my frustration with my fellow 12s, but I'm sure this will get appropriately mocked in here.

Basically Lynch was drunk in Oakland last year (2012) and it feels like, just because he's doing positive things with the community and elsewhere in that town that it's totally OK. I'm very against drunk driving and don't respect Lynch for it. However, I do respect what he does for the Hawks, if that makes sense.

So I have a few haters now who basically told me I totally missed the point of this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3cWjT9lpZc

I get the whole turning a new leaf type of thing, but I still don't have any respect for the man for endangering fellow drivers' lives on the road. Seems like others more easily forgive because it's Lynch, our star RB. Just is frustrating to me.

squicken

I get the whole turning a new leaf type of thing, but I still don't have any respect for the man for endangering fellow drivers' lives on the road. Seems like others more easily forgive because it's Lynch, our star RB. Just is frustrating to me.

It's not a sport full of choir boys. You don't have to respect the person or people playing to still enjoy watching them play. We all have our limits, of course. You seem to be sensitive to drunk drivers. I could never enjoy watching Ben Roethlisberger or Michael Vick play given the depravity of their crimes. It just comes down to how much you are willing to hold your nose when enjoying great athletic exploits

And of course the Seahwaks are full of dirty cheats so that is a lot of nose holding

It's not a sport full of choir boys. You don't have to respect the person or people playing to still enjoy watching them play. We all have our limits, of course. You seem to be sensitive to drunk drivers. I could never enjoy watching Ben Roethlisberger or Michael Vick play given the depravity of their crimes. It just comes down to how much you are willing to hold your nose when enjoying great athletic exploits

And of course the Seahwaks are full of dirty cheats so that is a lot of nose holding

For all the screaming about Adderall, I have to say at least it didn't screw others over in the way those others you listed did as well as with individuals like Hernandez. Lynch's drunk driving could've easily resulted in injury to others, however, so I guess that's what rubs me the wrong way. But that goes for ANY drunk driver, I get informed about.

Vyroxis

Banned
I got my spare PS4 controller yesterday. Now I just need everything else. Its going to have to just taunt me until then.

Also, what are the odds of both the Jags and Bucs going 0-16?

It's gonna be a bummer for anyone not playing it on the PC
I stuck with consoles this gen and it never really bothered me that the PC version of most games was technically superior until the last couple of years. Playing stuff like BF3 on console was alright but the gap was so wide at that point that it really started to feel like it was holding the experience back. I'm guessing I'll feel similarly towards the end of this coming gen as well but I don't think the first few years will be bad at all. Sure BF4 looks best on PC but if I can run it at a stable framerate and a relatively high resolution (especially for a TV) I'll be happy.

/poor logic

So Dutch you gonna DVR the Gronk show?

I stuck with consoles this gen and it never really bothered me that the PC version of most games was technically superior until the last couple of years. Playing stuff like BF3 on console was alright but the gap was so wide at that point that it really started to feel like it was holding the experience back. I'm guessing I'll feel similarly towards the end of this coming gen as well but I don't think the first few years will be bad at all. Sure BF4 looks best on PC but if I can run it at a stable framerate and a relatively high resolution (especially for a TV) I'll be happy.

/poor logic

Just build yourself a nice gaming PC. The great part about it is unless you're into sports/Nintendo games you never need to buy another console again.

RBH

Gaming side is worse than Greg Schiano and dickfires right now.

Can't wait to play ATL again. The filthy birds being our only win this year is going to amuse me.

Damn, thinking back on those good old days. Someone needs to make a Bruce mask.
6JTgIJ6.jpg

It will probably be really hard to get tickets to that game. That Atlanta fanbase really knows how to travel and support their team.

God what a depressing season.

i1uSyZrxi4J0D.gif

Just build yourself a nice gaming PC. The great part about it is unless you're into sports/Nintendo games you never need to buy another console again.
The problem is I love a lot of Sony's first party stuff and I'm a big Nintendo fan. Steam is great but I can't justify investing in a gaming PC when I'm already committed to PS4, Wii U, Vita, and 3DS.

The problem is I love a lot of Sony's first party stuff and I'm a big Nintendo fan. Steam is great but I can't justify investing in a gaming PC when I'm already committed to PS4, Wii U, Vita, and 3DS.

If you buy PS4 at launch, sure.

I built a Gaming PC for the games I missed on 360 (read: Mass Effect) and bought a PS3 on the cheap to compliment my Wii for first party stuff.

Personally I don't see any reason to bite on a PS4 during launch (full disclosure though i'm nowhere near as into gaming as I was 5 years ago).

If you buy PS4 at launch, sure.

I built a Gaming PC for the games I missed on 360 (read: Mass Effect) and bought a PS3 on the cheap to compliment my Wii for first party stuff.

Personally I don't see any reason to bite on a PS4 during launch (full disclosure though i'm nowhere near as into gaming as I was 5 years ago).
I don't really have a good reason for picking up a PS4 at launch but a semi-impulse buy of $400 is a lot easier a pill to swallow for me than one of ~$800, especially when I know I'll get one eventually anyway. Mostly I'm just ready for something new and pretty on my TV and it's been forever since the PS3 came out. To be honest if it wasn't for Killzone which I'm actually a pretty big fan of I don't think I'd be buying a PS4 this early, though.

Also, my first kid is due a day after the PS4 launches (so really any day now). Once she is born I'm thinking my priorities will be shifting a little!

I don't really have a good reason for picking up a PS4 at launch but a semi-impulse buy of $400 is a lot easier a pill to swallow for me than one of ~$800, especially when I know I'll get one eventually anyway. Mostly I'm just ready for something new and pretty on my TV and it's been forever since the PS3 came out. To be honest if it wasn't for Killzone which I'm actually a pretty big fan of I don't think I'd be buying a PS4 this early, though.

Also, my first kid is due a day after the PS4 launches (so really any day now). Once she is born I'm thinking my priorities will be shifting a little!

I didn't know you were expecting a kid (or remember anyway, y'all guys are fucking like rabbits recently it's hard to keep up). Congratulations.

Milchjon

Call her Gronkine.

Hit me up if you want any more input on great baby names.

I didn't know you were expecting a kid (or remember anyway, y'all guys are fucking like rabbits recently it's hard to keep up). Congratulations.
I know man, there are a ton of us on here who are expecting. Thanks.

Call her Gronkine.

Hit me up if you want any more input on great baby names.
Nintendo should hire you, that sounds like a great Gronk-themed Pokemon.

Move list:

Poison Gas
Mist
SemenBeam
Spike Cannon
Soak
Heavy Slam
Selfdestruct

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom