• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 9 |OT| - Doin' It 2003 Style

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milchjon

There seems little to be gained from this week's matchup for Pats fans.

If they win, there'll be no point in gloating because"dude, everyone knew the Steelers were a bad team."

If they lose, Deacon and Co. are going to troll us into oblivion.

There seems little to be gained from this week's matchup for Pats fans.

If they win, there'll be no point in gloating because"dude, everyone knew the Steelers were a bad team."

If they lose, Deacon and Co. are going to troll us into oblivion.

Yeah but if we win we get to troll about how good the Steelers drafting is.

brentech

Rodgers perfect throw and catch with Jordy
iYhSAstLsUAqp.gif

http://i.minus.com/iYhSAstLsUAqp.gif

Jordy long YAC TD
isFgzjc4Pf0yr.gif

http://i.minus.com/isFgzjc4Pf0yr.gif

Hyde return TD:
ijzfsog9InFgn.gif

http://i.minus.com/ijzfsog9InFgn.gif

Peterson putting the team on his back
issxP4v4B4apM.gif

http://i.minus.com/issxP4v4B4apM.gif

Funny how all first 4 won with elite defenses. Big Ben can't do shit without it seems.

Huh?

Rodgers D was more dominant than Eli's his second go 'round.

Regardless, for all the bluster about needing Elite Quarterbacking none of these QB's have done it without a strong D. Peyton won his only Super Bowl because of Defense.

Big Ben says Brady is NFL's best QB because he has the most rings.

That would make the Top 5:

Brady
Ben
Eli
Flacco
Rodgers

Seems about right.

Burn my tongue for saying it but Brees should be in that top 5 instead of Flacco.

Funny how all first 4 won with elite defenses. Big Ben can't do shit without it seems.

Incorrect! Last year's Raven's defense was the worst in franchise history AND the worst victorious defense in Superbowl history (only defense to give up over 30 points in the big game and still win). Accept it, for one glorious stretch (that will probably never happen again) Joe put that team on his back and carried them to a Superbowl.

Eli Manning circa 2011-2012 says hi.

Giants D in the playoffs wasn't the Giants D of the regular season. They weren't at the level of the 2007/2008 defense but they weren't the scrubs that played throughout the 2011 season either and were still one of the top sack/QB pressure defenses in the league.

Without Eli though, they would have never even made the playoffs that year considering how poorly they played during the season.

Team game, etc.

Incorrect! Last year's Raven's defense was the worst in franchise history AND the worst victorious defense in Superbowl history (only defense to give up over 30 points in the big game and still win). Accept it, for one glorious stretch (that will probably never happen again) Joe put that team on his back and carried them to a Superbowl.

Last year's Super Bowl was so weird. 2 renowned Elite D's both drop a 30 burger on each other.

Even still it took a giant collapse from the Rats D to keep the Niners in it.

MjFrancis

Go Hawks

Beat the Bucs
The Seahawks will beat the Bucs on home field advantage alone. Were it a different team and/or an away game I wouldn't be as confident. This is not the team that stomped the 49ers and I'm less and less inclined to predict blowout victories over any team after Monday.

I hope the offense comes through and gives us something akin to the 45-17 win over the Jaguars but I wouldn't be surprised if the Hawks make this one close - something like 21-16.

jmdajr

Buddy went to Bum's memorial in Houston tonight. He said Schaub was the first Texan there and it was a little awkward.

He also said some people went up to Wade and asked for autographs. That's a little....weird.

That' not right.

Hell I was thinking of going but I would never have done that. Some just have no sense.

Striker

Giants limited the number 2 passing offense in the league to 17 points.
I still don't think they were that great, at least that day. Gronk was limited due to his injury and he was the biggest mismatch for the defense.

For instance, http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=33387084#post33387084

They improved from Week 16 until the Super Bowl, but throughout the year they only had a few positives, namely JPP and Chris Canty. Deon Grant is another I liked and I think they missed somebody like him last year and this season because of his leadership.

Ravens update:

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 3m

#Ravens announce they waive veterans Michael Huff (signed a 3-year, $6M deal in spring) & Marcus Spears. Wonder it DAL looks at Spears again

For the Eagles:

Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo 5m

Meanwhile, Eagles coach Chip Kelly announced Nick Foles will start on Sunday.

Giants T2 named NFC Defensive Player of the week!

Ed Valentine @bigblueview 6m

Terrell Thomas named NFC Defensive Player of the Week

3 ACL tears later, its hard not to root for him.

I still don't think they were that great, at least that day. Gronk was limited due to his injury and he was the biggest mismatch for the defense.

For instance, http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=33387084#post33387084

They improved from Week 16 until the Super Bowl, but throughout the year they only had a few positives, namely JPP and Chris Canty. Deon Grant is another I liked and I think they missed somebody like him last year and this season because of his leadership.

Eh, that's the tale of the NFL for the past 5 years. Team derps its way through the regular season then gets hot. Last year Flacco went on a Joe Montana like run. Joe Flacco.

Striker

Those derps could've been in Super Bowl 46 too hadn't it been for Lee Evans and Billy Cundiff. Overall that year there weren't any real dominant teams outside maybe Green Bay, but even they had deficiencies on defense.

Those derps could've been in Super Bowl 46 too hadn't it been for Lee Evans and Billy Cundiff. Overall that year there weren't any real dominant teams outside maybe Green Bay, but even they had deficiencies on defense.

Green Bay was only dominant on one side of the Ball, and didn't show it during the playoffs. Not quoting stats or anything but I remember the Rats D being pretty damn good that year too, and they were still riding Rice at that time..

Bengals update:

Joe Reedy @joereedy 18m

#Bengals place S Taylor Mays on IR due to dislocated shoulder

On the AFC side, Dominique Roders-Cromartie won the defensive player of the week honors. Rough week for the Eagles then (T2 wins it with his performance against them and a former player of theirs is ascending on another team).

effzee

If the Foles from the Bucs and Giants game shows up we have a good chance.

I don't know much about the Raiders. How is the D?

Eagles about to get swept by the AFC West.

Shits sad yo

And lol @ DRC winning dfow award. Asshole didn't want to play last year at all and it showed. Now that he is on a short leash and has to play for his next pay day he is actually well. He could have helped us out so much when we traded for him but instead stunk it up.

Shits sad yo

And lol @ DRC winning dfow award. Asshole didn't want to play last year at all and it showed. Now that he is on a short leash and has to play for his next pay day he is actually well. He could have helped us out so much when we traded for him but instead stunk it up.

Yeah he really seems like a terrible person in all this. Plays well when things are going well, but quits like a bitch the first sign of adversity.

bionic77

Our defensive players are dropping like flies :(
You deserve it for killing our entire offensive line.

And we didn't appreciate the way you criminals scared Mr. Perfect into missing those 30 yard field goals. Someone needs to teach you bums and degenerates about class and respect!

Big Ben says Brady is NFL's best QB because he has the most rings.

That would make the Top 5:

Brady
Ben
Eli
Flacco
Rodgers

Seems about right.

Shouldn't Peyton be in there, above Flacco and Rodgers? He has one Superbowl ring and one AFC champion ring (presumably not missing a gem), surely that's a tiebreaker with the other 1-ring guys if you're counting that way. Or do cancelled pre-orders for rings count as negatives?

Please forward my question on to Ben.

lol at Huff getting waived.

Shits sad yo

Our D is pretty good. Offense is pretty bad though. If you guys can score 24 pts on us, that will be enough to win.

effzee

Well the Eagles offense has scored 10 whole points the last 2 games combined.

Not even 10. Just 3 points.

The 7 against the Giants was on a special teams turnover.

Foles will be healthy yes but the big question is which Foles shows up. Biggest key is to get McCoy going. He has been completely non existent the past 2 games and as a result all 3 of the QBs have struggled. They need to switch up the scheme or something. And McCoy himself has to hit the holes better. Too much dancing around trying to make unbelievable cut back runs instead of just following the blocking.

They should come out with 2 TEs, 2 RBs (with Casey at FB), and 2 WRs as their base set. Run the shit out of the ball until McCoy gets into a groove.

Not even 10. Just 3 points.

The 7 against the Giants was on a special teams turnover.

Foles will be healthy yes but the big question is which Foles shows up. Biggest key is to get McCoy going. He has been completely non existent the past 2 games and as a result all 3 of the QBs have struggled. They need to switch up the scheme or something. And McCoy himself has to hit the holes better. Too much dancing around trying to make unbelievable cut back runs instead of just following the blocking.

They should come out with 2 TEs, 2 RBs (with Casey at FB), and 2 WRs as their base set. Run the shit out of the ball until McCoy gets into a groove.

I would love to see some power running.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Some UK comments on the London game:

adlindley: The Jags play in the NFL in the same sense that a child plays in traffic.

setyourselfonfire: adlindley, couldn’t have put it better myself. They’ve been shambolic for years. I fear that the era of decent Ravens teams is well and truly over now though

GeoffeyManboob: Clinical performance by one of the best teams in the NFL at the moment. While the Jags are bad (possibly the understatement of the year), the 49ers showed why they are so good. Superb execution right across all facets of the game.

While people look at the score and criticise that the game is a mismatch, this result is no different from Man U beating a lower league side in the cup or England winning by an innings against Bangladesh in a test match. It’s all about understanding the context of the performance.

goulash123: A few observations though about what I thought was some really weird aspects to the evening, and reminded me that America is another world entirely, and it was odd to transplant it so completely here:

- The overt militarism. US Army everywhere, videos on ‘hometown heroes’, military symbols all over the place etc. Totally alien and out of place at a sporting event in my view.
- The objectification of women – the cheerleaders, probably fair enough, but videos of players saying whether they prefer Kate Moss or Naomi Campbell, with videos of players panting and gurning? Really?! I’d love to take my young daughter next year, but this is just casual sexism and I’m not sure that I want to expose her to this kind of message
-Being ordered to stand for the national anthem?! of another country? that was strange…
-Video screens saying ‘wave your flags’, ‘make some noise’, umm no. British crowds won’t go in for being told when to cheer, WTF?!.
-Mexican waves – please no. These only happen when what’s happening on the field is dull, and that so many went round, speaks a lot.
Some of the pitch side entertainmnet (that you don’t see on telly) was mildly diverting, and at times quite amusing (the ‘streaker’ for example)

All in all though a good evening, and I could definitely get interested in this, especially if in the fantasy where a team played full time in London, I could probably muster enough interest to go at least a few times in a season. So I suppose from that point of view, the International Series could probably be considered a success, if it turns a curious neutral into a ticket buyer.

Joe Person ‏@josephperson 1m
#Falcons coach Mike Smith says it's too early to tell whether injured WR Roddy White will play this week vs. #Panthers.

Ryan without Jones or White?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Holy shit, Atlanta's currently on pace to be the first team in 30 years not to finish with at least 1000 yards total team rushing if they continue with their game averages.

Miguel

Part of the reason I decided to start posting last August was so that people wouldn't assume I was a lifelong/bandwagoner if the Bucs were having an awesome year and I decided to start posting then.

Hahahaha.

Haha.

:(

Looks like there's a new head of BucsGAF. Bye DM/snes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom