• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 9 |OT| - Doin' It 2003 Style

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syrinx

I don't know. They're favored by 16 and that offense has sucked something fierce. The Bucs defense can be frisky when it has its heart in it. Wouldn't be surprised if the Bucs stay within 14.

Go Bucs!

It can, but they haven't had their hearts in it for a few weeks now. Probably won't as long as Shitiano is still the coach.

eznark

Banned
Of course I wasn't buying the system for those features...but it seems like a no brainer that features that were included/worked on the PS3 would naturally carry over. It's more that the absence of those features is glaring when considering the day and age we're in.

Just think it makes more sense to wait on both of these systems for them to work the kinks out. I'm not at the age anymore where I need a system at launch.

ELECTRONICS ARE THE ONLY THINGS THAT MAKE ME FEEL

I know I'll get one eventually, may as well get it now. Plus, now I can be so much more informed when I am shitting on console peasants.

lol so Martin (moved from LT to RT to replace Clabo) is out sick...and so Clabo might start in his place as RT...boy Tannehill is actually going to die on the field isn't he....

Bowser

lmao just saw this gif in the PS4ail thread and cracked up:

i3Oe0eNzDS9eR.gif

Of course I wasn't buying the system for those features...but it seems like a no brainer that features that were included/worked on the PS3 would naturally carry over. It's more that the absence of those features is glaring when considering the day and age we're in.

Just think it makes more sense to wait on both of these systems for them to work the kinks out. I'm not at the age anymore where I need a system at launch.

To be fair, didnt a lot of those features come in firmware updates?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
lol so Martin (moved from LT to RT to replace Clabo) is out sick...and so Clabo might start in his place as RT...boy Tannehill is actually going to die on the field isn't he....

If the coaching staff keeps calling plays like he's Fraudgers, he just might.

not excusing sony or ms on bare bones launch features but what did you expect? its pretty clear that both companies were cutting it close even getting these systems out this year. it will be a gradual roll out of features and likely a year or two before its all set.

eznark

Banned
not excusing sony or ms on bare bones launch features but what did you expect? its pretty clear that both companies were cutting it close even getting these systems out this year. it will be a gradual roll out of features and likely a year or two before its all set.

The two things that annoy me are no youtube uploading and no suspend/resume, since they have been pimping those features for months. The other stuff they never really commented on so I expected them to not be ready at launch.

So wait, you're saying people are investing money for the long term viability of a platform and not just for day one?

ibicpzwQb5aK7b.gif

The two things that annoy me are no youtube uploading and no suspend/resume, since they have been pimping those features for months. The other stuff they never really commented on so I expected them to not be ready at launch.

Suspend/Resume was the one that irked me the most, yeah. Hopefully that gets added fairly quickly post-launch.

Greg

What PS4 software features have been announced, but won’t be available at launch in North America?
Share controller via the internet to assist a friend
time to cancel the pre-order I didn't have

You can also choose to import your Facebook photo to be used as your PSN profile picture if you wish.
I take that back

day 1

Hmm sucks they removed media server functionality from the PS4, I thought about replacing my PS3 with the PS4 and moving my PS3 back to my PC but I guess I'll just keep it with my TV and buy a new PS3.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

I suspect a lot of people on GAF who stream media specifically primarily use a game console for it, and had an expectation that the media capabilities of the next consoles would at least match what the current gen consoles had at their launch.

I cant believe they are really going ahead with mandatory full game installs. There are games that are over 50 gigs at launch, cant even imagine by the end of the gen. If MS also do this then they are equally as stupid. I also hate that you cant change your name. I made mine as a joke since I was pissed about how shitty the PS3 was at launch, and now I am stuck with it forever if I dont want to lose all my trophies. I was sure they would let people change their names by now. Hell let me pay to change it even like MS does, at least that would be an option.

cdyhybrid

I cant believe they are really going ahead with mandatory full game installs. There are games that are over 50 gigs at launch, cant even imagine by the end of the gen. If MS also do this then they are equally as stupid. I also hate that you cant change your name. I made mine as a joke since I was pissed about how shitty the PS3 was at launch, and now I am stuck with it forever if I dont want to lose all my trophies. I was sure they would let people change their names by now. Hell let me pay to change it even like MS does, at least that would be an option.

Mandatory installs is the one that concerns me with no external HD support. Not enough to switch my console purchase (whenever that ends up being) but it means I'll probably hold off a little longer on buying it.

I cant believe they are really going ahead with mandatory full game installs. There are games that are over 50 gigs at launch, cant even imagine by the end of the gen. If MS also do this then they are equally as stupid.
Haven't mandatory installs been a thing or the Xbox One since it was revealed? I hadn't heard of any of that changing even with the DRM 180.

From the PS FAQ:

At the launch of PS4, PS Plus members will have access to Resogun and Contrast for no additional charge.
Resogun confirmed free for the US. All is well.

cajunator

Banned
They like to pick on the Bengals and Dolphins it seems

But you can buy all your games at 1/4th the cost. You save money!

Steam is a godsend. But really what I like about PC is very good netcode. Online works so well.

This is why you should buy consoles a year or two after launch. the extra money that it costs to have day one isnt worth it unless you absolutely have to play an exclusive game out of the box. Not to mention half of the neat features arent implemented until then and the console will cost less as revisions are made.

Steam is a godsend. But really what I like about PC is very good netcode. Online works so well.

This is why you should buy consoles a year or two after launch. the extra money that it costs to have day one isnt worth it unless you absolutely have to play an exclusive game out of the box. Not to mention half of the neat features arent implemented until then and the console will cost less as revisions are made.

but i can't resist having a new console! i'll get ps4 on release and then just make believe that xbone is releasing next fall and ill buy it at that time

ps

resogun free!? yesssssssss

Haven't mandatory installs been a thing or the Xbox One since it was revealed? I hadn't heard of any of that changing even with the DRM 180.

From the PS FAQ:

Resogun confirmed free for the US. All is well.

Yeah the internet says they are also doing these insane mandatory installs. ugh so annoying. Sucks that Sony took away mp3 support so that they could charge people for music unlimited. They should give a free subscription to that shit with PS+. I listen to a ton of obscure music, and custom sound tracks was one of my favorite features this gen.

cdyhybrid

image.php

PC doesn't have Hot Shots Golf, Gran Turismo, and SOCOM (RIP).

Although there is some H-Hour game being developed for PC by one of the old creative guys from SOCOM, so I'll put a new card in my PC if that pans out.

you know you want to see my beautiful face!

Why play those games when you can play DotA2?

Milchjon

I just unfollowed NeoGAFShitPosts because it took up like half my feed. Whoever is behind it probably has to treat it like a fulltime job these days.

I seriously can't wait for the next gen madness to die down a bit.

cdyhybrid

I just unfollowed NeoGAFShitPosts because it took up like half my feed. Whoever is behind it probably has to treat it like a fulltime job these days.

I seriously can't wait for the next gen madness to die down a bit.

I wish it would take up half of mine! I always get a good laugh out of it.

Bowser

Carolina Panthers ‏@Panthers 1m
Newton says #Panthers cannot be jaded by the #Falcons record - their defense is stout.

Wti6M.gif

Gobias

Banned
I still know nothing about either system, gaming side is a cluster fuck right now. I just want Mario 3D World and Zelda. I don't even know what a Titanfall is.

Are either consoles really worth getting anywhere near launch.?

Mindlog

It can, but they haven't had their hearts in it for a few weeks now. Probably won't as long as Shitiano is still the coach.
On the other hand they won't be able to hear him in Seattle. This is really looking good for betting the Bucs! Then again it's hard to imagine Glennon being able to avoid a TAINT or two. I like him enough, but bad coaching/preparation going in to that environment is not a winning combination.

I still know nothing about either system, gaming side is a cluster fuck right now. I just want Mario 3D World and Zelda. I don't even know what a Titanfall is.

If there is something you need to play, or you have to have the newest thing then yes, but other wise definitely no.

Fox318

Carolina Panthers ‏@Panthers 1m
Newton says #Panthers cannot be jaded by the #Falcons record - their defense is stout.

Wti6M.gif

Watch Newton gets picked off 6 times.

Clausen rises and brings the Panthers to the brink of the playoffs. Mel Keiper gets on tv and starts screaming I told you so.

cajunator

Banned
SimCity weeps in the corner

The new SimCity is disappointing shit anyway.

Depends if you like Killzone or whatever Xbone has.

I definitely want 3dWorld and new Zelda though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom