• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 9 |OT| - Doin' It 2003 Style

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaneB

Steam is a godsend. But really what I like about PC is very good netcode. Online works so well.

Steam is the reason PC gaming is mostly consolidated, but the reason for the cheap prices is mainly just having the option of multiple digital sellers who all want my money. Amazon, GMG, Steam, Gamersgate, etc etc etc. Granted I have like 150$ still sitting in my Steam wallet because I don't spend it much now on games I wonder if I'll ever get around to playing.

Want cheap digital games on the consoles?? HA.

cdyhybrid

those games aren't healthy for me

I go too big when I get into something

that's exactly what I look like right now because I haven't had any caffeine today

DotA is a gladiator sport. It's incredibly healthy for you. It'll give you the confidence to dunk on people at will. And you have no choice but to go big when you play it. You'll fit right in!

cdyhybrid

Lions fan happy to see Stafford exhibit brain cells. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFMhfPk_lw8

Unrelated: if anyone plays BF4 on PC, I'm Wesgb on Origin.

I'm Wesgb on Origin.

bwBVYoY.png

I love that I share this opinion with you yet we are both getting PS4's at launch. ;)
It's more that he said what he mainly wants is 3D Mario and Zelda. Makes zero sense to buy a PS4/Xbone at launch in that case. Hopefully Gobias has a Wii U already. If not, easy place to put your money. For Wind Waker HD alone.

I'm excited as hell for launch. Love new hardware, don't mind the growing pains that go with it. I have the expendable income. I know I'm going to get one. Why not now? :)

cajunator

Banned
Just got my Legend of Zelda 3DS XL pre-ordered! Can finally play all the tens of 3DS games I've owned all this time. xD

I kinda want it because its pretty. My friend wants a 3ds and I have a very good condition one I could sell to him for like 100 bucks just to get something for it. But DAT ZELDA.

It's more that he said what he mainly wants is 3D Mario and Zelda. Makes zero sense to buy a PS4/Xbone at launch in that case. Hopefully Gobias has a Wii U already. If not, easy place to put your money. For Wind Waker HD alone.

I'm excited as hell for launch. Love new hardware, don't mind the growing pains that go with it. I have the expendable income. I know I'm going to get one. Why not now? :)
Ah, stupid dark theme! I miss stuff that's bolded sometimes.

I completely agree with everything you said. I don't really think either console is worth getting at launch for most people but if you're going to get one anyway, you have the money, and you love new hardware, then why not?

I kinda want it because its pretty. My friend wants a 3ds and I have a very good condition one I could sell to him for like 100 bucks just to get something for it. But DAT ZELDA.

Yeah, it's beautiful. Some people say the gold may get boring after a while. I say pft. I love my Gold N64 controller, wii mote and nunchuck and all that good stuff.

I've just been waiting for a good bundle to jump on board, and with Link to the Past being my favorite Zelda, this is perfect.

Greg

To be fair, PS3 didn't have SOCOM either.

We don't count Confrontation or 4. They're the Jacksonville Jaguars of the SOCOM franchise.
Watch your mouth! Looking back, Confrontation in its prime was as good as SOCOM II. It lacked the map count of S2, but the controls, hit detection, and overall stability gave it an edge.

Granted it took 6 months after launch to work out all the kinks, but the game was still maintaining its player counts 2 years after release which is rare for a console game. And Cold Front is still the best value DLC of this generation.

As for 4... the core mechanics were in place to make it a success with the old SOCOM crowd, but then they ruined everything by trying to cater to two audiences (people that like games that take skill and people that like CoD). The PSN outage ruined any momentum it had at launch and the CoD crowd already hopped on to the newest shooter while the rest of us went back to Confrontation.

DotA is a gladiator sport. It's incredibly healthy for you. It'll give you the confidence to dunk on people at will. And you have no choice but to go big when you play it. You'll fit right in!
I was sucked into LoL before DotA2 came out. I quit LoL months ago, and I won't go down that road again!

squicken

Still torn on PS4/Air/Mini. Haven't played a game since August save 5 minutes of GTA5. Really not a MP gamer anymore, though that will change with Destiny and maybe that Division game if it works like they say

If I knew those games would work on PC with a controller natively then I'd probably just skip the consoles

cajunator

Banned
Ah, stupid dark theme! I miss stuff that's bolded sometimes.

I completely agree with everything you said. I don't really think either console is worth getting at launch for most people but if you're going to get one anyway, you have the money, and you love new hardware, then why not?

I love new hardware. Just dont see enough of a change visually or featurewise to warrant one. Seems mainly about the lighting/particle effects this time around.

cajunator

Banned
Re: HOFlynn

But... Pryor isn't on the Bills.

Pretty sure I've asked this but, do you watch anyone but the Saints?

I thought Flynn was on the Raiders?
Thats why I mentioned Pryor.
And yes I do watch other teams, but not as intently. Why would I care about Flynn being traded to the Bills?

Gobias

Banned

No, I'm a dirty poor. I'll get one soon though.

Infamous looks amazing, but none of the launch titles seem that great to me. Just didn't know if there were some amazing features or must haves I was missing.

Omega

Banned
Watch your mouth! Looking back, Confrontation in its prime was as good as SOCOM II. It lacked the map count of S2, but the controls, hit detection, and overall stability gave it an edge.

Granted it took 6 months after launch to work out all the kinks, but the game was still maintaining its player counts 2 years after release which is rare for a console game. And Cold Front is still the best value DLC of this generation.

As for 4... the core mechanics were in place to make it a success with the old SOCOM crowd, but then they ruined everything by trying to cater to two audiences (people that like games that take skill and people that like CoD). The PSN outage ruined any momentum it had at launch and the CoD crowd already hopped on to the newest shooter while the rest of us went back to Confrontation.

@bold. No. While it wasn't as bad as everyone made it out to be, it wasn't really good either. The only good maps were the remakes, the original maps were pretty bad.

@italics, gtfo bro. Patch fixed the game, Cold Front ruined it. Tilly and VERA were more OP than IW-80A2 in SOCOM 2. Difference is, the SOCOM 2 community for the most part had an unofficial ban again the IW, while the Confrontation community seemed to embrace the Tilly and VERA.

A fucking silenced sniper rifle, with the power of a 50 cal, that could also be hipfired with no penalty and an auto shotty with ridiculous accuracy and range. I don't know what Slant Six was thinking, but that had to be the worst decision this gen.

I still play the game from time to time, but I don't even think it's half as good as SOCOM 3.

Still torn on PS4/Air/Mini. Haven't played a game since August save 5 minutes of GTA5. Really not a MP gamer anymore, though that will change with Destiny and maybe that Division game if it works like they say

If I knew those games would work on PC with a controller natively then I'd probably just skip the consoles

I can't remember the last PC game that didn't have native controller support outside of RTS or certain genres of the like. You can bank money on The Division and Destiny having native controller support.

No, I'm a dirty poor. I'll get one soon though.

Infamous looks amazing, but none of the launch titles seem that great to me. Just didn't know if there were some amazing features or must haves I was missing.

Nope. Unless the launch games do something for you, you're better off saving your pennies for Wii U. You're going to be much happier in the long run. I mean, Super Mario 3D World, bro.:D

Yep, same boat. I've had a Wii U for a while now, some great games coming out for it. Whenever you get one I'll give you my Nintendo ID

Bowser

Looks like J-Stew went through a full practice today and will be active vs Atlanta. Actually a bit worried about chemistry with him back in the mix; D-Lo and Tolbert have a good thing going. Won't hurt to add another dimension though, he'll probably get 8 or so carries.

Draxal

The second or third versions of most hardware are usually superior, plus a more mature ui and software environment ... It just pays off to wait now. IMHO.

cajunator

Banned
I just have an irrational hatred of anyone having anything to do with New Orleans.

Well I understand that. I can think of several reasons, not to do with football.
To be fair, New Orleans is a dump of a city. I dont live there and Im glad I dont honestly. I much enjoy living in Lafayette where its clean, much safer, and I have a shit ton of amenities and possibly even better food.

Crisco

Banned
Looks like J-Stew went through a full practice today and will be active vs Atlanta. Actually a bit worried about chemistry with him back in the mix; D-Lo and Tolbert have a good thing going. Won't hurt to add another dimension though, he'll probably get 8 or so carries.

It's a shame he didn't come back sooner. DeAngelo Williams stock will never again be higher than it is right now (or was a couple weeks ago). We could have gotten a decent pick or two for him and still had two capable backs. No we're stuck with that bum and his contract.

Tenumi

Banned
Well I understand that. I can think of several reasons, not to do with football.
To be fair, New Orleans is a dump of a city. I dont live there and Im glad I dont honestly. I much enjoy living in Lafayette where its clean, much safer, and I have a shit ton of amenities and possibly even better food.

And you've got several current/former NFL players that have or do call Lafayette home.

Meanwhile, my hometown has had one total NFL player in its history, and he was and is an ass.

I can't remember the last PC game that didn't have native controller support outside of RTS or certain genres of the like. You can bank money on The Division and Destiny having native controller support.

Nope. Unless the launch games do something for you, you're better off saving your pennies for Wii U. You're going to be much happier in the long run. I mean, Super Mario 3D World, bro.:D

Mass Effect 3. :(

I just unfollowed NeoGAFShitPosts because it took up like half my feed. Whoever is behind it probably has to treat it like a fulltime job these days.

I seriously can't wait for the next gen madness to die down a bit.

The most references to shitposts I see on my twitter are either tweets by it or tweets by snes to it

Greg

@bold. No. While it wasn't as bad as everyone made it out to be, it wasn't really good either. The only good maps were the remakes, the original maps were pretty bad.

@italics, gtfo bro. Patch fixed the game, Cold Front ruined it. Tilly and VERA were more OP than IW-80A2 in SOCOM 2. Difference is, the SOCOM 2 community for the most part had an unofficial ban again the IW, while the Confrontation community seemed to embrace the Tilly and VERA.

A fucking silenced sniper rifle, with the power of a 50 cal, that could also be hipfired with no penalty and an auto shotty with ridiculous accuracy and range. I don't know what Slant Six was thinking, but that had to be the worst decision this gen.

I still play the game from time to time, but I don't even think it's half as good as SOCOM 3.
The 32-player versions of the maps were terrible (32-player SOCOM shouldn't exist), but all the 16-player maps were awesome as long as they weren't at night. Comparing them now - S2 had map count over Confrontation, and that's it. It was incredible for its time which is why people stuck with it, but the hit detection was awful, there were frequent disconnects during peak hours, and some maps were just plain broken in terms of stability (Fish Hook and Vigilance off the top of my head). Cold Front guns in general were strong, but everything had a counter through strategy.

S3 is the real embarrassment of the franchise. That was when they tried too hard to change the scope of the game and ruined the close quarters/tactical feel. Large maps, high player count, vehicles... complete shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom