• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 9 |OT| - Doin' It 2003 Style

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

Tim Booth ‏@ByTimBooth 33s
#Seahawks have placed Sidney Rice on injured reserve and signed Ricardo Lockette from the practice squad

As expected.

Bowser

It's a shame he didn't come back sooner. DeAngelo Williams stock will never again be higher than it is right now (or was a couple weeks ago). We could have gotten a decent pick or two for him and still had two capable backs. No we're stuck with that bum and his contract.

Honestly if you were going to call anyone a "bum with that contract" it'd be J-Stew. Guy hasn't played since November 2012 and his contract is way more onerous than DeAngelo's at this point. At least DeAngelo can be cut for minimal cap consequences post-June 1 this offseason. He's played very well this year as well (4.2 ypc). His lack of TDs has more to do with Newton/Tolbert vulturing at the goal line.

Narag

1080p at 60FPS $400 or 2K for a PC. Easy decision.

This sort of thing always reminds me of this:

VaX2qWH.jpg

Gobias

Banned
And you've got several current/former NFL players that have or do call Lafayette home.

Meanwhile, my hometown has had one total NFL player in its history, and he was and is an ass.

The only notable person from my hometown is Mike Furrey.

Talon

So I haven't been posting for two reasons:

1. Real life getting busy.

2. I can't login on a computer at all - only mobile devices - since that password reset. Really annoying. Hook me up, Cyan or Stump!

The second or third versions of most hardware are usually superior, plus a more mature ui and software environment ... It just pays off to wait now. IMHO.
Good, well thought out and rational commentary.

i.e. completely meaningless when shiny new hardware is calling my name.

Greg

So I haven't been posting for two reasons:

1. Real life getting busy.

2. I can't login on a computer at all - only mobile devices - since that password reset. Really annoying. Hook me up, Cyan or Stump!
Did you reset your password on your mobile device or from your computer? And it's stupid, but I'll say it anyways - did you try clearing your cookies/saved logins on your computer after the reset?

Real life is no excuse!

Is it weird that I don't give a shit whether or not my game console can play MP3s or not?

As long as PS4 gives me a good (stable) gaming experience, I'm in.

Is it weird that I don't give a shit whether or not my game console can play MP3s or not?

I think it is extremely weird, but I cant stand in game music. Madden or the Show would be unplayable for me if I got stuck with the ingame music. Obviously you are different, but even if you dont care about these features it should still seem shitty that they are trying to monetize things like custom soundtracks. Sony is supposed to love us and want us to be happy, not try to make a profit off of us. Only mean old MS tries to make profits.

cdyhybrid

Sounds like Harvin probably isn't playing this week, which is fine. Rest him as much as possible.

Okung has a chance to practice Friday, Breno day-to-day. Get well soon pls :(

Edit:

Paging squicken:

Kevin Shockey ‏@KevinShockey 4m
NFL Live on ESPN just gave @RSherman_25 the Midseason Defensive Player of the Year.

bionic77

1080p at 60FPS $400 or 2K for a PC. Easy decision.
A 2k PC would be pretty sweet!

That's MacBook Pro Retina money!

Speaking of PC builds I am going to make mine if and when we move into the new house but that ransom virus is making me have second thoughts on windows. I thought Windows 7 was as secure as OS X against viruses or will I need to worry about viruses and other bullshit again once I get a PC? My main reason for PC was that I liked Windows 7 and the superior multi monitor support but now that Mac has put out decent monitor support I am having second thoughts and might just get 2 of those Korean panels and a souped up Mini (my current desktop which is old and slow).

Advise me NFL bros.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

Would be a big deal to me as the only real launch title I'd be interested is NBA2K, and I'm all about customizing the shit out of the arena music/chants/player-triggered events/etc.

It's funny to hear people shouting "Why did they take DLNA OUT?!"

It's an entirely new operating system. These things aren't cut and paste. If you're upset, then be upset that DLNA wasn't higher on the priority list for launch but invariably that support would need to be added IN to the new OS. Not purposefully taken out (though it's ironic that Sony is so heavily involved in DLNA and it's not a base function of the OS to begin with).

Considering all of the reports we've heard about both the Xbox One and PS4 teams crunching to make these operating systems primarily feature complete for launch - I'm not terribly surprised.

We've already seen suspend/resume pushed out and a 300MB patch on day one for one side. On the other you have reported major issues with the app snapping, crashes on XBL and a 1.4GB day one patch to reverse all of the DRM nonsense.

Yay new consoles. :D

I think it is extremely weird, but I cant stand in game music. Madden or the Show would be unplayable for me if I got stuck with the ingame music. Obviously you are different, but even if you dont care about these features it should still seem shitty that they are trying to monetize things like custom soundtracks. Sony is supposed to love us and want us to be happy, not try to make a profit off of us. Only mean old MS tries to make profits.

Sure it's shitty that they are taking features out of this console that were there on the previous system, but in the case of MP3's or custon soundtracks it's not a feature that I ever really used or particularly cared about when I had my PS3. It's not a big deal for me.

Taking out suspend/resume at launch is much bigger news to me.

Bowser

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...ies-among-most-impactful-dolphins-among-least

Gil Brandt looks at which teams had the best and worst 2013 drafts, with obvious caveat that it is early. Dolphins worst, Chargers best. Kyle Long biggest over-achiever, Tavon under-achiever

Definitely being a homer here, but how can you not mention the Panthers? We went from having a middling run defense (gave up 4.2 YPA last year) to the one of the best run defenses in the league thus far (2nd in YPG at 79.3 and 7th in YPA at 3.7). Improvement that is pretty much solely due to adding Star/Short to the line.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Sure it's shitty that they are taking features out of this console that were there on the previous system, but in the case of MP3's or custon soundtracks it's not a feature that I ever really used or particularly cared about when I had my PS3. It's not a big deal for me.

Taking out suspend/resume at launch is much bigger news to me.

I've been utilizing custom soundtracks for sports games since the original Xbox, so it would be huge for me. :(

I was prepared to hate you and wish for bad things to happen to you and everyone you are close to. But then I read the spoiler and realized that we are actually brothers.

go watch he dolphins suck you heathen

Hey at least my qb isn't a women,

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...ies-among-most-impactful-dolphins-among-least

Gil Brandt looks at which teams had the best and worst 2013 drafts, with obvious caveat that it is early. Dolphins worst, Chargers best. Kyle Long biggest over-achiever, Tavon under-achiever

Finally getting some recognition

Spinluck

I still know nothing about either system, gaming side is a cluster fuck right now. I just want Mario 3D World and Zelda. I don't even know what a Titanfall is.

Are either consoles really worth getting anywhere near launch.?

Just like Wii U last year, neither console is worth buying at launch.

EDIT: Wii U is more worth it now though.

cdyhybrid

I'd feel bad for being the weak link. I'm not sure if I'm ready to learn the mechanics of 90 some characters.

Don't need to learn all of them at once! Can just learn a handful and then you can contribute with those until you're more comfortable with a new batch of heroes.

cajunator

Banned

Spinluck

I don't either, never will (lol listening to music on your TV, wtf?).

Some of their other decisions are head scratchers though, really hope they patch in some stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom