• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 9 |OT| - Doin' It 2003 Style

Status
Not open for further replies.

exarkun

What are migraines exactly?

Like super headaches?

They are concentrated points of pain, usually located behind an eye or at the temples. They are usually triggered by certain specific occurrences (lack of sleep and hunger being some of the most common triggers). Just think strong headaches located at specific parts of your head.

I get them, and they suck. They range from painful to near day ending. You learn to live with it, as if you cure the trigger sometimes they go away. But alot of times there are things that will extend the pain, and bright lights is one of them.

To do that to Kubiak, it would have be a cluster headache or one of the worst migraines I have ever heard about. Because you can usually function normally with a migraine, it just makes you want to cry.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
ibbuf9gB8XBPOO.gif
I can save these in my Imgur right? Thanks bro.

Think if you're a rewards member, it's 50% after every game win or lose.
Oh thank god. The only way this could be better is if Kubiak is okay in the morning and Keenum is starter again. Is Tate gonna get signed again or is he going to go Free Agency. I always thought he could be any other teams starter. But, the Texans need him. Foster gets injured or we need a sub out he's the man.

Miguel

Man.. that game..

Disappointed in the outcome. Hope Kubes gets a clean bill of health but that looked scary in person. Keenum played his ass off. WRs did hell of a job getting open or coming back to ball. Tate and Johnson ran well.

I'll leave the negatives for tomorrow.

Get well soon Kubes.

Wes

venison crêpe
Went to sleep at 21-6 and even then I thought the Colts could come back. Texans looked rattled after the Kubiack incident.

As for the bullying in Miami discussion, I just have to say I'm revolted by some of the comments on some websites saying Martin should grow up or be a man or just general obnoxious shit like that. I'm thankful that hasn't been the case here, but the immediate general reaction in some corners of the web made me cringe.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
As for the bullying in Miami discussion, I just have to say I'm revolted by some of the comments on some websites saying Martin should grow up or be a man or just general obnoxious shit like that. I'm thankful that hasn't been the case here, but the immediate general reaction in some corners of the web made me cringe.
It's certainly amusing to some extent when you have a group of veteran fuckups pulling rank over fresh talent. Not to mention vets too stupid to realize that rookie salaries are much lower than they've been in years past.

Wes

venison crêpe
Garafolo: "Multiple sources told me Martin's camp informed Dolphins and NFLPA that Incognito sent threatening and racially charged texts"

TheContact

Wow just woke up after falling asleep at half time and the colts came back... what a collapse by the texans. Hope gary is ok

Also 3 missed fg =/

squicken

Colts are now 19-4 all time vs HOU.

Good morning everyone!

The Browns beat the Ravens yesterday!

It actually happened!

That was a great game. Whoever would have thought JCamp would be the hero Cleveland needed? Hopefully the Browns can catch Cincy. I had said earlier that Richardson would go in the 3rd round if he was in the 2014 draft. Nope. He looks borderline draftable. Total fleecing by the Cleveland front office

squicken

Nick Foles threw 7 TDs in 3 quarters and does anything think it means anything? I haven't watched the game, but what were the Raiders doing?

LJ11

Nick Foles threw 7 TDs in 3 quarters and does anything think it means anything? I haven't watched the game, but what were the Raiders doing?

watched the first quarter to check out the Raiders, game was over after the first. guys running loose all over the place. thought it would be a good game too.

Makes me think how awful the Steelers O and Todd Haley are. 18 points through 4 quarters vs. 7 TDs for Foles through 3. Yeah, that sums up the '13 Steelers.

eznark

Banned

I was watching it a bit. I'm not around a PC today so I won't be making any gifs but there was a hilarious play where the CB falls down 7 yards into the route and Jackson is running literally free for like 3 seconds with no one else in the picture.

Of the 7 touchdowns, two were on defenders falling down, 1 was on a swing pass. None of the throws stuck out. Two more were goal line plays where he had months to drift in the pocket and wait for a guy to get open. His two throws to Cooper were pretty nice balls though.

I'm not trying to take anything away from him, he only had 6 incompletions so...great day. That said go watch his 26 drops. That's a cleeeeeean pocket. There isn't a guy around him on any of those throws. If the Eagles suddenly have the most unbelievably stout pass pro, then Foles will be a stud.

I don't really think the 7 touchdowns means anything. I do think it's a good sign that three different receivers had 5 catches and I think 6 different players had multiple targets. If nothing else it shows that given time Foles can get it done and that he has a good handle on the offense which is no small task given the goofy QB situation there and the brand new offense they are running. I hear it was designed by a Genius!

BigAT

I knew I should have been worried when yankeehater said Foles was complete garbage. Given that he's incapable of being even remotely correct about anything, I should have known that it would translate into Foles having one of the best passing games in NFL history.

squicken

Makes me think how awful the Steelers O and Todd Haley are. 18 points through 4 quarters vs. 7 TDs for Foles through 3. Yeah, that sums up the '13 Steelers.

Yeah Steelers D just looked so old yesterday. Felt bad for LeBeau. Shouldn't end like this

Offense I just don't know. They are explosive but have no sustaining element. If they need 7 yards I don't know how they get it. I'm not a Haley fan but I am even less a fan of the offensive talent aside from QB

eznark

Banned
Yeah Steelers D just looked so old yesterday. Felt bad for LeBeau. Shouldn't end like this

Offense I just don't know. They are explosive but have no sustaining element. If they need 7 yards I don't know how they get it. I'm not a Haley fan but I am even less a fan of the offensive talent aside from QB

That's kind of bullshit. Roethlisberger had time and open guys and flat overthrew them on three plays that would have moved the chains and sustained drives (two of which were immediately after the Patriots scored). Those misses, particularly two in the fourth quarter, changed the game. He shouldn't get a pass for that.

His wholly unforced errors forced an old and talentless defense back onto the field time and again and time and again they got gashed. He has to be better than that.

squicken

That's kind of bullshit. Roethlisberger had time and open guys and flat overthrew them on three plays that would have moved the chains and sustained drives (two of which were immediately after the Patriots scored). Those misses, particularly two in the fourth quarter, changed the game. He shouldn't get a pass for that.

His wholly unforced errors forced an old and talentless defense back onto the field time and again and time and again they got gashed. He has to be better than that.

I guess my view of the Steelers is they just aren't equipped to win a shootout. But Ben was certainly off on throws and Brady wasn't. I just thought Ben had a higher degree of difficulty

LJ11

That first quarter int Ben threw was a total give up. just checked it up, didn't even give a shit. they still have weapons on O, but no OL and Ben looks disinterested at times. Browns great though.

better show up next Sunday. don't need anymore meaningless wins for the bills.

Ben's not having a good year. After that goal line stop in the first, a play which should have sparked the whole team, Ben goes out the next series and throws up a blind prayer from his back foot that came down like a punt. Easy INT. Just brain dead and awful. Granted, yeah, a guy was shoved in his face, but you can't friggen throw that. Then, next play, Polamalu, after years of playing against him, still gets fooled entirely by Brady. Was painful to watch.

squicken

That first quarter int Ben threw was a total give up. just checked it up, didn't even give a shit. they still have weapons on O, but no OL and Ben looks disinterested at times. Browns great though.

The Rams are now off the main screen, so I'll be able to pay attention more to the other games. Looking forward to seeing more of the rest of the league now that, well at least we know who the bad teams are

eznark

Banned
Yeah, I guess disinterest is probably a good way to put it. It's kind of hard to blame a guy when you know that this team is going nowhere and won;t just suddenly get better. They are old and slow everywhere, that's not something that will suddenly fix itself.

That said you hate to see a guy just phone it in.

My friend has a theory that Ben hates Haley so much he's playing like shit to get him canned. I guess it's not impossible, but I don't think it's that simple. Talent's not there on the OL and aside from Brown, their WRs are average. As far as defense, the young guys on the DL and LB aren't up to snuff (though Heyward had his best game yesterday), Woodley without Harrison is pretty much useless and the secondary is old and busted.

squicken

Even this week!?

The Rams defense is awful (SEA was a fluke) and the offense is just Stacy playing Eddie George. There's nothing I will learn about the Colts in that game, and I know all I want to know about the Rams roster and coaching staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom