• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 9 |OT| - Doin' It 2003 Style

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmdajr

Not sure where to rank that loss, but I sure have had my share of bad feels over at Reliant.

Our special teams and kicker sure are something.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Colts are now 19-4 all time vs HOU.

That was a great game. Whoever would have thought JCamp would be the hero Cleveland needed? Hopefully the Browns can catch Cincy. I had said earlier that Richardson would go in the 3rd round if he was in the 2014 draft. Nope. He looks borderline draftable. Total fleecing by the Cleveland front office

For once I can say its up to the Browns to decide their destiny here. After the bye we go:

@Cincinnati
Vs. Pittsburgh
Vs. Jacksonville
@New England
Vs. Chicago
@NYJets
@Pittsburgh

3 divisional games are huge and 1 game against the Jets who will also be fighting for a wildcard spot.

eznark

Banned
Leave me alone. This is the closest I've ever seen them. :(

The should be favorites in 4 of those games. They should win 5 of them without much trouble with that defense. Problem for the Browns is that the Bengals schedule is just as soft.

Also, they are the Browns and Bengals so who the fuck knows which will fuck themselves harder down the stretch.

What I'm saying is BELIEVELAND!

Not much Ether on Atlanta radio this morning.
Most seem to have taken the Carolina game as the straw that's broken the camel's back, and are now moving on to what needs to be done and what moves can be made now and into the off-season to prepare for next year.
Atlanta is effectively done with the Falcons this season.

The should be favorites in 4 of those games. They should win 5 of them without much trouble with that defense. Problem for the Browns is that the Bengals schedule is just as soft.

Also, they are the Browns and Bengals so who the fuck knows which will fuck themselves harder down the stretch.

What I'm saying is BELIEVELAND!

Browns only need the WC though and right now their competition is the Jets, Dolphins, Titans, Chargers....and maybe the Ravens. None of those light anyone's fire.

squicken

How do the Colts win when Luck completes only 45% of his passes? That seems kind of ludicrous. What a weird game.

Fat Randy and Texans special teams in general is the big talking point on radio, though the big letdown from the 3rd TD to Kubiak thing is getting a lot of play too

bionic77

Pats just own the Steelers so it's nothing new.
You are so dumb to think that win means anything. The whole Pats season is fools gold to anyone not a retard, so of course you think your team is actually going to do something meaningful in January with a washed up qb and a defense that has so many injuries that for 3 quarters the Steelers offense looked respectable.

I would also like to remind you that we also let Chicago and Minnesota put up season highs against us. The only reason they didn't score 50 was Ponder fell asleep in the 4th quarter and the Bears are a classy team that don't to pad their stats with garbage time points.

So act surprised next week when Buffalo scores 30 on us you dumbass biiiiiiitch.

I called this game all week just like pretty much every Steelers fan. This team sucks worse than that shitstain that you call home.

eznark

Banned
I guess I didn't really feel like Luck was so off when I was watching it. Lots of batted balls, hit arms and contested throws early though.

You are so dumb to think that win means anything. The whole Pats season is fools gold to anyone not a retard, so of course you think your team is actually going to do something meaningful in January with a washed up qb and a defense that has so many injuries that for 3 quarters the Steelers offense looked respectable.

I would also like to remind you that we also let Chicago and Minnesota put up season highs against us. The only reason they didn't score 50 was Ponder fell asleep in the 4th quarter and the Bears are a classy team that don't to pad their stats with garbage time points.

So act surprised next week when Buffalo scores 30 on us you dumbass biiiiiiitch.

I called this game all week just like pretty much every Steelers fan. This team sucks worse than that shitstain that you call home.

Cassel played against you guys, not Ponder. I'm not surprised you didn't watch that game, just like Jnc and Deacon, you probably gave up on the team as well and will stop watching until they are successful again. Or like Deacon become a Cowboys fan.

Good thing you still have your Lakers!

Edit :

Deadspin said:
Is Richie Incognito's dad posting on Dolphins message boards that Jonathan Martin uses drugs and attempted suicide? Link

The whole Incognito family consists of a bunch of racist, dumb motherfuckers.

cashman

Banned
Cassel played against you guys, not Ponder. I'm not surprised you didn't watch that game, just like Jnc and Deacon, you probably gave up on the team as well and will stop watching until they are successful again. Or like Deacon become a Cowboys fan.

Good thing you still have your Lakers!

After a few more years of suck from the Steelers, bionic will claim to have never liked the NFL or football and start watching the Pirates again!

Gonff

Banned
I guess my view of the Steelers is they just aren't equipped to win a shootout. But Ben was certainly off on throws and Brady wasn't. I just thought Ben had a higher degree of difficulty

Brady missed quite a few throws.

The difference this season between Steelers and their opponents so far has been missed throws. When Ben misses throws, there are swarms of defenders in the area ready to pick it off. When our opponents have missed throws, the receivers are usually wide open so there are no defenders in the area to scoop it up.

If our offense is able to put up 31 points, even with their problems, the defense cannot just tumble over and die. The Patriots scored on all but 4 drives. We only forced two three-and-outs.

Ben is not our problem. He might be a little bit daring with the ball lately, but he has to be. Our defense has been doing nothing, our receivers are blowing their routes, our OL does not give Ben any time at all and does not open any holes, and our rushing attack is awful.

The only thing Ben can do is be daring. If he played it safe we wouldn't even have 2 wins.

I dont give a fuck about all that spin you're talking, all I know is we scored the most points ever on the Steelers you crybaby ass biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch!!!!!!!!!!!!

LJ11

My friend has a theory that Ben hates Haley so much he's playing like shit to get him canned. I guess it's not impossible, but I don't think it's that simple. Talent's not there on the OL and aside from Brown, their WRs are average. As far as defense, the young guys on the DL and LB aren't up to snuff (though Heyward had his best game yesterday), Woodley without Harrison is pretty much useless and the secondary is old and busted.

i actually don't think this all that crazy, but you are right, lot of holes to plug on both sides.

Gonff

Banned
i actually don't think this all that crazy, but you are right, lot of holes to plug on both sides.

No one likes Haley.

Did anyone else notice in the game yesterday that the Steelers only moved the ball when Ben called the plays?

MechDX

PDS ‏@PatDStat 55m
Andre made a point to say that plays were taking longer to get to the huddle. The entire flow to the game was shot. #Texans

Was expected. Im worried Kubiak may have had a stroke. I have no confirmation but Ive seen some talk this morning that is what may have happened.

bionic77

After a few more years of suck from the Steelers, bionic will claim to have never liked the NFL or football and start watching the Pirates again!
:lol that will never happen. Fuck baseball. And I got off the Pirates bandwagon before they really started to suck balls. I just hate the sport.

I have lived through years of shit for the Steelers in the 80s. I was just spoiled over the past 20 years. I am not jumping ship. I will just become more hateful of everything. For example I have really enjoyed watching Tammy go to shit this season (taking yesterday out of it).

And yeah I forgot it was Cassell shredding our shit D (along with AP shitting all over our linebackers) so sue me! This season is one worth forgetting!

And Dutch the Lakers are .500 without Kobe. The Celtics might not have have 2 wins until next year. Suck on that!!!!!!

Not much Ether on Atlanta radio this morning.
Most seem to have taken the Carolina game as the straw that's broken the camel's back, and are now moving on to what needs to be done and what moves can be made now and into the off-season to prepare for next year.
Atlanta is effectively done with the Falcons this season.

I think the Falcons are done with the Falcons.

Foles has 2 starts against top 10 defenses and has 10 TDs in those starts. He has 1 start against the 32nd ranked pass defense and 0 Tds that game. Hopefully GBs defense will be good enough for him to bother to show up.

Smokey

Ed reed has been completely worthless this year. Kubiak has some kind of issue. The kicker is garbage. Foster repeated injuries. Cushing back to back season ending injuries. Special teams is still special.. Schaub self destructed and brought the team with him. Definition of a lost season.

jmdajr

Today should have been a day of celebration, with Kase jerseys flying off the shelf.

Just sucks man.

edit: I just hope what happened to Kubes wasn't something crazy..like a fucking brain tumor. Who knows man.
Kind of in bad taste, but maybe it would explain some of the decision making.

:lol that will never happen. Fuck baseball. And I got off the Pirates bandwagon before they really started to suck balls. I just hate the sport.

I have lived through years of shit for the Steelers in the 80s. I was just spoiled over the past 20 years. I am not jumping ship. I will just become more hateful of everything. For example I have really enjoyed watching Tammy go to shit this season (taking yesterday out of it).

And yeah I forgot it was Cassell shredding our shit D (along with AP shitting all over our linebackers) so sue me! This season is one worth forgetting!

And Dutch the Lakers are .500 without Kobe. The Celtics might not have have 2 wins until next year. Suck on that!!!!!!

Celtics are tanking like there is no tomorrow. Losing is winning for them right now, NBA is such a broken league.

eznark

Banned
Foles has 2 starts against top 10 defenses and has 10 TDs in those starts. He has 1 start against the 32nd ranked pass defense and 0 Tds that game. Hopefully GBs defense will be good enough for him to bother to show up.

Matthews is supposed to be back. So that works out in your favor.

Bowser

I guess I didn't really feel like Luck was so off when I was watching it. Lots of batted balls, hit arms and contested throws early though.

Luck was on fire in the 4th quarter basically - 7/9, 119 yds, 2 TDs. First 3 quarters he was 11/31 (35%), 152 yds (4.9 YPA), 1 TD

bionic77

Celtics are tanking like there is no tomorrow. Losing is winning for them right now, NBA is such a broken league.
Its the nature of the game. A few guys can change the outcome of an entire franchise.

I hate the celtics and hope and pray that your team stays in rebuilding mode for another 20 years. Tanking for the 1st round pick rarely works btw. You would know if you had a genius owner like the Lakers did with Dr. Jerry Buss.

Wait, his retard son is running the organization now? They didn't give to the beautiful and intelligent daughter because they didn't want to hurt Jimmy's feelings?

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

:(

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
from case showing what a competent qb looks like? i dunno.. a migraine causes you to just buckle like that, and comes out of no where?

yea, couple of coworkers got them, they would essentially be able to move or look at anything bright.

What a weird game. Case looked pretty great.

MechDX

Ed reed has been completely worthless this year. Kubiak has some kind of issue. The kicker is garbage. Foster repeated injuries. Cushing back to back season ending injuries. Special teams is still special.. Schaub self destructed and brought the team with him. Definition of a lost season.

Finding it hard to get too upset though. Im really feeling for Wade right now. GUy lost his dad 10 days ago. He was an icon in this city and you can tell by his reaction during the tribute after the 1st quarter he was still shaken. Now a long time family friend, Kubiak, may be out for a while and they will ask him to take over a struggling 2-6 team that had Superbowl aspirations....

Hard to fathom what is going through his head right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom