• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 9 |OT| - Doin' It 2003 Style

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sucks to not suck.

I know, but tanking seems to be a more occurring thing in the NBA, even with the lottery. Besides the Colts with Luck, who else did it?

You are more likely to find a franchise changing player at the very top of the NBA draft than at the NFL one. See: Tim Duncan, Lebron

But at the same time if you tank incorrectly/at the wrong time, you can fuck up your franchise and stay in rebuilding mode forever.

effzee

I was watching it a bit. I'm not around a PC today so I won't be making any gifs but there was a hilarious play where the CB falls down 7 yards into the route and Jackson is running literally free for like 3 seconds with no one else in the picture.

Of the 7 touchdowns, two were on defenders falling down, 1 was on a swing pass. None of the throws stuck out. Two more were goal line plays where he had months to drift in the pocket and wait for a guy to get open. His two throws to Cooper were pretty nice balls though.

I'm not trying to take anything away from him, he only had 6 incompletions so...great day. That said go watch his 26 drops. That's a cleeeeeean pocket. There isn't a guy around him on any of those throws. If the Eagles suddenly have the most unbelievably stout pass pro, then Foles will be a stud.

I don't really think the 7 touchdowns means anything. I do think it's a good sign that three different receivers had 5 catches and I think 6 different players had multiple targets. If nothing else it shows that given time Foles can get it done and that he has a good handle on the offense which is no small task given the goofy QB situation there and the brand new offense they are running. I hear it was designed by a Genius!

Pretty accurate breakdown.

Its why I said I was more frustrated by yesterday's performance than happy. Like where was this against the Cowboys?

Foles had around the same amount of time, same plays called, and had WRs wide open all day and he kept missing over and over. And its not like yesterday McCoy was having a great game so that was the missing ingredient. In fact McCoy hasn't had a great game in 3 weeks now which is alarming.

That said if Foles can keep up some semblance of consistency, the D continues to make modest gains, then this team has a shot in this division.

I just don't know what to expect now. If Foles stinks it up again against a real time what happens next? Well actually I doubt they rush Vick back anytime soon after he injured his hamstring again so I assume Foles has the remaining 7 games to prove himself no matter what barring further concussions.

jmdajr

Finding it hard to get too upset though. Im really feeling for Wade right now. GUy lost his dad 10 days ago. He was an icon in this city and you can tell by his reaction during the tribute after the 1st quarter he was still shaken. Now a long time family friend, Kubiak, may be out for a while and they will ask him to take over a struggling 2-6 team that had Superbowl aspirations....

Hard to fathom what is going through his head right now.

It's... it's s tough deal man

Smokey

Finding it hard to get too upset though. Im really feeling for Wade right now. GUy lost his dad 10 days ago. He was an icon in this city and you can tell by his reaction during the tribute after the 1st quarter he was still shaken. Now a long time family friend, Kubiak, may be out for a while and they will ask him to take over a struggling 2-6 team that had Superbowl aspirations....

Hard to fathom what is going through his head right now.

Yeah its a weird feeling. I wouldn't be surprised if wade leaves this year.

eznark

Banned
They played when I was still watching biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch

Anything after early 2000's though I don't know unless they played in college.

They way the Celtics got Tim Duncan and Kevin Durant was great.

You'd lose your audience in one season with stories like that. No wonder you work at Taco Bell.

jmdajr

Jack Del Rio takes over as interim coach of Broncos

Does it really matter though.

I bet they just say "Go get em Peyton!" and he does his thing.

this_guy

Great game for Case only to be let down by the kicker. The worst part is Kubiak loves him because he's an Aggie. Bullock's been getting the Matt Schaub treatment from Kubiak and has a job no matter how bad he is at kicking field goals.

Incognito seems like a real piece of work and it's not surprising that he was involved once the Marting story came out. If he's making threats for large sums of money, what are the chances of it becoming a criminal matter for extortion?

LJ11

Steve Johnson on Red Zone troubles:

"Just look for 13."

EJ green lighted, up to coaches now. Play him against hungry Steelers D looking to feast on a rookie?

Smokey

Great game for Case only to be let down by the kicker. The worst part is Kubiak loves him because he's an Aggie. Bullock's been getting the Matt Schaub treatment from Kubiak and has a job no matter how bad is at kicking field goals.

I've never seen someone so loyal. To the point that it is a detriment.

Yeah but he probably still doesnt have class.

what are you talking about!?

he not only pulled the starters but he played super conservative. he could have probably ran up the score and put a 60 burger on the Raiders.

he got to 49, and that is a very safe lead then went conservative.

when he went against the redskins the first game, they jumped to 33 points, and then he went conservative, and the redskins almost came back on him....so thats probably why he went higher before taking the foot off the pedal.

Chip is a classy guy. Bill belichick would have kept scoring.

Drakeon

All right, halfway point of the season. Which head coach gets axed first?

Schiano has to be in the running but I'm gonna go with Frazier.

Is anyone other than those 2 even on the hot seat? As in, they could get fired any week now? I tend to think no. Obviously there will be others let go at the end of the season, but mid-season, I tend to think it's just those two.

I'd go with Schiano to get fired first though.

Godslay

Banned
I don't know how LJ feels about him but I liked this little blurb from yesterday:

“I’m pissed,” Marrone said, via the Buffalo News. “I’m going to use that type of energy. I’m going to go home, not talk to anybody, just shut it down. I’m going to be by myself. I’m not going to pet my dog. I’m going to get fired up. I’m going to come to work tomorrow, watch this film, and I’m going to be a pro. I’m going to be a man.”

cajunator

Banned
The Saints looked like a blubbering whale vagina yesterday.

I guess you would know since your QB is one. In any case, our Oline is complete shit. Brady would curl up like a fetus behind that Oline. Its probably the worst in the Payton era. Aaron Kromer going to the Bears is probably the most damaging thing.

I guess you would know since your QB is one. In any case, our Oline is complete shit. Brady would curl up like a fetus behind that Oline. Its probably the worst in the Payton era. Aaron Kromer going to the Bears is probably the most damaging thing.

Brady didnt curl up like a fetus when he led a comeback against your team!

DMczaf

I just want Schiano to go away and stop wasting the years of talent we have on this roster. Why won't he just go away and let a real professional football coach give these guys a chance to succeed?

Gruden, come home.

Because he has an oline and our coach doesnt know how to call run plays. Dont forget he basically puckered up and threw a horrible interception thinking the game was over.
Brady is trash.

brady99.gif

bradyhighv.gif

LJ11

I don't know how LJ feels about him but I liked this little blurb from yesterday:

I like him a lot.

Right attitude, especially at the beginning of last week. I don't want to homer it up, but last Monday, and on many Mondays, he comes out and just rattles off stats to open his presser, I love that shit.

bionic77

How do the Steelers have any wins? They made Brady look like Nick Foles last night.
How do the Pats have 7 wins is just as a legitimate as a question. You got beat by the same Jets team that we handled with ease. Nothing makes sense this year. The Steelers were fortunate to have had so few beatdowns this year. It makes sense that it was going to happen to the Pats because other than maybe the Saints no one knows how to pile it on a shit team quite like the Pats. Too bad for you guys you will actually be playing NFL teams in January and no jokes like the Steelers.

The whole league is garbage this year. All the old teams are falling apart. By this time the next year the new blood will rise to the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom