• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 9 |OT| - Doin' It 2003 Style

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty accurate breakdown.

Its why I said I was more frustrated by yesterday's performance than happy. Like where was this against the Cowboys?

Foles had around the same amount of time, same plays called, and had WRs wide open all day and he kept missing over and over. And its not like yesterday McCoy was having a great game so that was the missing ingredient. In fact McCoy hasn't had a great game in 3 weeks now which is alarming.

That said if Foles can keep up some semblance of consistency, the D continues to make modest gains, then this team has a shot in this division.

I just don't know what to expect now. If Foles stinks it up again against a real time what happens next? Well actually I doubt they rush Vick back anytime soon after he injured his hamstring again so I assume Foles has the remaining 7 games to prove himself no matter what barring further concussions.

Shady was averaging 4 yards per carry and was close to breaking a few different runs for big gains. He could have easily put up 100yards but the Raiders couldnt cover anyone so they didnt have to use him to much. I cant believe the Raiders keep putting woodson out there. He was the slowest player on the field yesterday. They should just make him a coach or something at this point. The D has actually been playing great. If not for the TD by the backups they would have had 4 straight games holding opponents under 20 points. They still give up yards but they are getting great pressure and tackling much better. They just need Foles to be more consistent. He totally let the Dallas game get to him and he was terrible that game. If he can just be okay every week with the way they can run the ball and if the defense keeps up they should be in most games.

How do the Pats have 7 wins is just as a legitimate as a question. You got beat by the same Jets team that we handled with ease. Nothing makes sense this year. The Steelers were fortunate to have had so few beatdowns this year. It makes sense that it was going to happen to the Pats because other than maybe the Saints no one knows how to pile it on a shit team quite like the Pats. Too bad for you guys you will actually be playing NFL teams in January and no jokes like the Steelers.

The whole league is garbage this year. All the old teams are falling apart. By this time the next year the new blood will rise to the top.

shhh no tears only dreams now

this_guy

Keyshawn Martin is Schaub v3

Although going by the history, maybe we can place the blame on Marciano.

Yeah I always hear on the radio how great Keyshawn looks in practice, but I just don't see it on the field. They also say he's quick and elusive, but I don't see that. He's slow, doesn't have break away speed, and has stone hands as a receiver. I'm glad Posey is seeing the field more as the third receiver.

Bowser

Since then, the Panthers have won all four of their games, but it's not just that they've won; it's how they've won. Carolina has won those four games by a combined 82 points, vanquishing each opponent by two touchdowns or more in each contest. That's rare. Like, really rare. Like, "I'm going to throw in this table of teams that have outscored opponents by 80 points in a four-game stretch with at least a 14-point margin in each game since 1990, and it's going to set Panthers fans' hearts aflutter" rare:

MJZVBC2.jpg

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9924624/bill-barnwell-week-9

CIny8.gif

How do the Pats have 7 wins is just as a legitimate as a question. You got beat by the same Jets team that we handled with ease. Nothing makes sense this year. The Steelers were fortunate to have had so few beatdowns this year. It makes sense that it was going to happen to the Pats because other than maybe the Saints no one knows how to pile it on a shit team quite like the Pats. Too bad for you guys you will actually be playing NFL teams in January and no jokes like the Steelers.

The whole league is garbage this year. All the old teams are falling apart. By this time the next year the new blood will rise to the top.

The Jets their motto this year is 'Every Other Sunday'. They completely shit it up the one week and the week after that they go all out.

Week 1 : Win against Bucs (Barely, but still) W
Week 2 : Lose to the Pats in that godawful Thursday night game L
Week 3 : Defeat the Bills W
Week 4 : Get stomped by Titans L
Week 5 : Defeat the Falcons W
Week 6 : Get stomped by the Steelers L
Week 7 : Defeat the Pats by outplaying them W
Week 8 : Absolutely destroyed by the Bengals L
Week 9 : Manage to beat the Saints W

tekumseh

a mass of phermones, hormones and adrenaline just waiting to explode
Schefter just said on SportsCenter that they gave Kubiak TPA, a clot buster typically used for those thought to be having a stroke. Not good news, and, given the sudden onset of his condition, nor really surprising, either...

Gonff

Banned

Once stable franchises are kinda going under.

Honestly, the Pats have not done that great this year. They have the benefit of an easy division. The Steelers are doing bad. The Giants are doing bad. The Ravens are doing bad.

Just those 4 teams have been to 9 of the last 13 Super Bowls.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Is it safe to say Weeden is done in the NFL after this year?

The offense is night and day when he's in versus him out.

jmdajr

That's how I looked after Keenum's first TD to Andre.

Wti6M.gif

After the 2nd.

palance1.gif

After the 3rd.

kinnear-ffff.gif

After Randy Bullock (and Keyshawn Martin and the 4th quarter defense).

So apparently it's been downhill since the vanilla ice half time performance. Coincidence?

bionic77

shhh no tears only dreams now
Every time you post Pats age holds their breath and hopes that you will say something intelligent or funny. And much like with every Brady deep ball that was not thrown against Steeler "defenders" they go away disappointed.

Considering that your team just gang raped the Steelers for 60 minutes (though we didn't put up much resistance so you might not get convicted for it in a Southern or Midwestern town) you would think that you would be able to do a halfway decent job of talking shit.

But losers are going to lose and dummies are doing to disappoint.

cajunator

Banned
Every time you post Pats age holds their breath and hopes that you will say something intelligent or funny. And much like with every Brady deep ball that was not thrown against Steeler "defenders" they go away disappointed.

Considering that your team just gang raped the Steelers for 60 minutes (though we didn't put up much resistance so you might not get convicted for it in a Southern or Midwestern town) you would think that you would be able to do a halfway decent job of talking shit.

I suggested to Gator to pick the Miami heat in basketball but he says they dont win enough.

I talked shit yesterday and have moved on from the Steelers game. It just felt good to embarrass them and make Lolamalu look like a senile old bastard. But at least you have the Lakers and Yankees to look forward to.

cajunator

Banned
I talked shit yesterday and have moved on from the Steelers game. It just felt good to embarrass them and make Lolamalu look like a senile old bastard. But at least you have the Lakers and Yankees to look forward to.

spoken like a true front runner.
Gator its one thing to pick a team that consistently wins. Its another to actually talk shit like you have any right to. Thats probably the problem people have. you can root for the Pats you just cant talk shit to other fans.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Where I think the Steelers stand, right now.

The offense is two people away from being competent. First, they've got to get a number one receiver. Can't throw a bunch of midgets on the field and expect them to go up and get the football, no matter how talented they are. Every team plays the Steelers wide outs man up, because they don't exactly strike fear into a defense. Secondly, a witch doctor to keep some offensive linemen healthy. It's gone from ridiculous to tragic to apocalyptic. I have no idea how to fix it and it's been going on for half a decade.

The defense needs a whole new set of db's. Polumalu has a couple of years left. As an inside linebacker. He can't play single high, no matter how much LeBeau would like him too, he's too slow and takes too many risks. Clark should just leave now. Great Steeler, but he's done. Let Shamarko take ALL of his snaps and learn on the job. Cornerback is problematic. Ike Taylor is the best of the bunch, but he's only got a couple of years left, so he needs a replacement. William Gay is currently the second best corner on the team and he's never really been able to cover anyone. He's fine as a slot/emergency guy, only. I don't know if Cortez Allen is going to develop.

Among the front seven of the defense, there are less issues, but they do exist. Jarvis Jones is better against the run than the pass, Steve McClendon gets turned too easily and Timmons is a moron. I'm more accepting of mistakes from young guys who are learning than veterans. That said, Ziggy Hood is done as a Steeler. Just bring Arnfelt off the practice squad and let him learn on the fly, too.

In summary, the Steelers season is toast. But the team can continue to improve and play to win, they should just do it with the developing men and less with the vets who are going away.

LESS PLAYING TIME: Ryan Clark, William Gay, Ziggy Hood, Emmanuel Sanders
MORE: Shamarko Thomas, Cortez Allen, Brian Arnfelt, Markus Wheaton (currently injured)

spoken like a true front runner.
Gator its one thing to pick a team that consistently wins. Its another to actually talk shit like you have any right to. Thats probably the problem people have. you can root for the Pats you just cant talk shit to other fans.

Im pretty sure bionic is a Laker fan and possibly a Yankee fan. Im just speaking the truth.

bionic77

I will still root for the Lakers (who are going to suck for a long tim), but only mentally challenged people like you and racists like eznark follow baseball.

It will be very entertaining to see you go in full Jag mode next year when the Pats only win 3 games.

cajunator

Banned
Im pretty sure bionic is a Laker fan and possibly a Yankee fan. Im just speaking the truth.

regardless, he actually has some basis in being a Steelers fan since he lives in close proximity. You live nowhere near the Pats yet you skipped over 3 teams in your own state and at least 6 others along the coast to root for a team that has absolutely nothing to do with you. It would be like me rooting for the Seahawks or something.

regardless, he actually has some basis in being a Steelers fan since he lives in close proximity. You live nowhere near the Pats yet you skipped over 3 teams in your own state and at least 6 others along the coast to root for a team that has absolutely nothing to do with you. It would be like me rooting for the Seahawks or something.

I was a Patriot fan before I ever moved here and Im not the only one here who roots for a team they dont live by or have anything to do with. I have proven my fandom and will not apologize for being a Pats fan.

jbug617

Banned
CBS Sports has some info on Incognito texts.

Among the texts that Jonathan Martin made available to his parents, and then, eventually the Dolphins and the NFL, include those in which Richie Incognito refers to Martin, who is biracial, as a "half-n*****," according to a source who was privy to the communication.

There are several instances of threats as well, the sources said, and overall disturbing exchanges, including one in which Incognito refers to defecating in Martin's mouth.

Incognito also made reference to tracking down members of Martin's family and harming them in the texts as well, according to a source.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer...ext-from-incognito-to-martin-used-racial-slur

BigAT

There are several instances of threats as well, the sources said, and overall disturbing exchanges, including one in which Incognito refers to defecating in Martin's mouth.

FMT wants him on the Niners now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom