• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 9 |OT| - Doin' It 2003 Style

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
The Incognito stuff is insane.

I'm actually really impressed this didn't turn into people saying Martin needed to man up.

If this is all true then how can Incognito not get banned for life?

cdyhybrid

Richie incognito ✔ @68INCOGNITO

@AdamSchefter Stop slandering my name. You hide behind "sources" who are not man enough to put their name behind the BS you report

Duck culture. Do awful shit, deny it all. Unless you're Cliff Harris, then you just smoke all the evidence.

Talamius

The Incognito stuff is insane.

I'm actually really impressed this didn't turn into people saying Martin needed to man up.

If this is all true then how can Incognito not get banned for life?

Incognito's a FA after this year anyway. That situation will resolve itself. No way anyone touches him.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Richie incognito ✔ @68INCOGNITO

@AdamSchefter Stop slandering my name. You hide behind "sources" who are not man enough to put their name behind the BS you report

That was posted before Schefter posted the voicemail.. couple hours before. (sorry, he tweeted that yesterday)

Richie hasn't tweeted since the VM was posted.. wonder if he'll deny it or do the whole "come on, it was a joke".

That was posted before Schefter posted the voicemail.. couple hours before.

Richie hasn't tweeted since the VM was posted.. wonder if he'll deny it or do the whole "come on, it was a joke".

In his mind, he probably thinks it was just joking and "hazing" so he probably doesn't think he did anything wrong.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I'm not. How about letting people make their own fucking life choices? What the fuck gives you, Yankeehater and who the fuck ever the right to judge over for which sportsteam people root for? Let people be, let them do whatever they want.

You don't see people give you endless amounts of shit over loving anime in here right?
Amen. The key word here is empathy. People being shitty to you for trivial reasons should give you an idea of what it means to be shitty to others, but people are quick to turn this around into stuff like nerd hierarchies and jump on the opportunity to be the person on top. Sports nerds included.

Unless, of course, they root for multiple teams, then they aren't even respecting their own choices!

Yup, this runs straight to the top and if Ross wants to keep this team and fan-base from imploding it's time to clean house completely.

It will depend on what the FO knew, but if Ireland knew that Martin was being harassed and having his family threatened I gotta think he will have to go. This is getting into covering up crimes territory, I dont see how the league can look the other way.

dionysus

Yaldog
Anyone else find it a little hypocritical that the NFL and Players Union care so much for its rookies that they have money management classes and former players come in to tell horror stories, but then it is considered absolutely normal for veterans to drop 30k bills on the rookies. So normal it is actually talked about openly in media (which means it is much worse what they don't talk about.) I get that some people have problems feeling sorry for rich people, but still.

Anyway, been a lurker in this thread for the entirety of this season. Saints and Texan fan.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Anyone else find it a little hypocritical that the NFL and Players Union cares so much for its rookies that they have money management classes and former players come in to tell horror stories, but then it is considered absolutely normal for veterans to drop 30k bills on the rookies. So normal it is actually talked about openly in media (which means it is much worse what they don't talk about.) I get that some people have problems feeling sorry for rich people, but still.
I'd imagine the culture set in during a time when rookies actually had a bunch of money to throw around. Now they don't, and now you see old flunkies too stupid to do math.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
In his mind, he probably thinks it was just joking and "hazing" so he probably doesn't think he did anything wrong.

I'm sure he does. Just like everyone I've had to fire for harassment at work thinks we were being too serious and they were just joking and it was in good fun.

It will depend on what the FO knew, but if Ireland knew that Martin was being harassed and having his family threatened I gotta think he will have to go. This is getting into covering up crimes territory, I dont see how the league can look the other way.

Even if they weren't aware, from Hardknocks last year you could tell that the coaches just let the players do their own thing, especially to the rookies and while Philbin looked disturbed by it he never seemed to put a stop to it. That whole "Leadership Counsel" BS was probably used to by the players to take advantage. It's part of the culture now and I don't think Philbin or any of the coaches can turn this around.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Anyone else find it a little hypocritical that the NFL and Players Union care so much for its rookies that they have money management classes and former players come in to tell horror stories, but then it is considered absolutely normal for veterans to drop 30k bills on the rookies. So normal it is actually talked about openly in media (which means it is much worse what they don't talk about.) I get that some people have problems feeling sorry for rich people, but still.

Anyway, been a lurker in this thread for the entirety of this season. Saints and Texan fan.

To your first point. It used to be understandable when the first round draft picks would roll in and be making 10x the money of a pro bowl vet. See Bradford, Sam. But it isn't like that anymore with the new cba.

To your second point. You and cajun will be best buds.

I'd imagine the culture set in during a time when rookies actually had a bunch of money to throw around. Now they don't, and now you see old flunkies too stupid to do math.

You always hear these stories about rookies picking up huge tabs but it was always guys that were 1st round picks. I have never heard of guys making the rookie min having to do that. That is really fucked up that these guys would all do that. The league really needs to step in and make sure that isnt happening with any teams.

Greg

Anyway, been a lurker in this thread for the entirety of this season.
post more!

Saints and Texan fan.
dYVWLJA.png

cajunator

Banned
Anyway Im getting pretty ugly in here and thats not my usual nature. Im really upset about something not related to football so Im in a really bad mood right now.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

I think it dates back more to when rookies would be able to get these ridiculously huge deals. But at the same time this type of "hazing" seems to happen in pretty much every sport. I think where the issue starts coming up if this becomes an every day type thing like the rookie is ALWAYS paying for dinner or is always covering the bill for whatever.

Usually whenever I hear about this in any sport it's the first dinner after said player has signed a new contract or has signed their first contract.

edit: wait Saints and Texans?

Boo this man!

Miguel

post more!

dYVWLJA.png

I know someone that's a Saints, Cowboys and Texans fan. And LSU/McNeese St.

I tell her she's a fan of the Louisiana Purchase. (I know geographically it doesn't fit, but it got a big laugh when talking amongst friends)

Yea you are.

Not that I want to defend a Pats fan
and Jags fan
but I've never even been to Florida and my entire family is nothing by Cowboy fans (and one pats fan...ugh) but I've been rooting for the Fins since before I can remember, also I'm a Laker fan since I'm in LA and I don't follow any other sport enough to have a team.

dionysus

Yaldog

I tell her she's a fan of the Louisiana Purchase. (I know geographically it doesn't fit, but it got a big laugh when talking amongst friends)

Childhood in Louisiana. College and most of my adult life in Houston. What can I say?

My texans fandom is lukewarm. I get joy from poking the hardcore fans I know in the office every time the Texans collapse or the organization makes an inexplicable decision in the name of loyalty. It justifies watching all the games and keeping up with the news.

Not that I want to defend a Pats fan
and Jags fan
but I've never even been to Florida and my entire family is nothing by Cowboy fans (and one pats fan...ugh) but I've been rooting for the Fins since before I can remember, also I'm a Laker fan since I'm in LA and I don't follow any other sport enough to have a team.
How do you live with yourself

Vesmir

Banned
Just read up on the Incognito story. When first hearing his name in this thread, I thought it was some poster. Scum.

--

Rewatching yesterday's game, some things that stuck out for me:

-OLine gets weaker. Unger gets a concussion, our tackles are recovering but won't be back in until later this month, and while there weren't any sacks, there are still visible signs of weakness. This was evident in the second quarter drives. I'm sticking by it: our O Line will be the end of us.

-After weeks of promise, our run D is slacking it up once again. 200+ yards allowed isn't fun to watch at all.

-To think that we were held to 7 at the half...just like last week. Only this time, a (then) 0-7 team picked up 21.

-What the FUCK was with the pass at the 3 yard line?

-Nice to see Skittles back in it.

-Watching the Texans last night is one way to help a hangover.

cajunator

Banned

Im a fan of LSU and ULL. LSU because I was born in Baton Rouge and my whole family are LSU fans, and ULL because thats where I actually went to school (which upset all my LSU loving family lol) and have lived most of my life (I cant stand Baton rouge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom