• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 9 |OT| - Doin' It 2003 Style

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol oh boy

@ABurns85 1h

Yo, so it's not like I'm a professional reporter, but Jon Martin is not out with an illness for Miami. It's deeper than that..

@ABurns85 1h

Sources (always wanted to say that) have told me Martin, and others, extremely unhappy with Sherman. Martin walked out on him.

This team is about to implode.

Mully

935125_10152299082151038_905476343_n.jpg

For just music playback, it would be more likely to be used by people who have their PS3 hooked up to a receiver setup with nice speakers. Just the TV would be lol-worthy.

Are there still people out there that only output their gaming audio to the TV? That's scary. I've been hooking my stuff up to a receiver since the Sega CD days.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...ies-among-most-impactful-dolphins-among-least

Gil Brandt looks at which teams had the best and worst 2013 drafts, with obvious caveat that it is early. Dolphins worst, Chargers best. Kyle Long biggest over-achiever, Tavon under-achiever

He really low-balled the Raiders. DJ Hayden while not technically a starter, has played in 65% of the defensive snaps against the opposing teams No.1 WR and has done a pretty good job. He had his best game vs Pittsburgh and is getting better every week.

He doesn't even mention TE Mychal Rivera, a 6th round pick who has played more than any other offensive rookie in the NFL and pretty well at that. Or Brice Butler, a 7th round pick who has been our No. 3 WR all year, granted not a very good one, but still a contributor on offense.

Watson has been plagued by injuries but was back practicing today and is expected to take over the starting LT job by next week against New York hopefully.

@JayGlazer 1m

Tune in @FFD on @FOXSports1 at 6 ET. Got the unsettling story of Jonathan Martin & the untold Tony Gonzalez trade that nearly happened

Should know more in the next 10 min, wow (I don't think the Gonzalez trade has anything to do with Miami)

tmdorsey

So I haven't been posting for two reasons:

1. Real life getting busy.

2. I can't login on a computer at all - only mobile devices - since that password reset. Really annoying. Hook me up, Cyan or Stump!

You need to get this worked out! These are dark days for Falcons-GAF. I need you to reconfirm who I need to blame for this repugnant ass shit. Top of my list is Dimitroff and all the draft misses on both lines over the years.

Spinluck

WiiU was probably most worth it at launch, since Nintendo had all the features they were going to have at launch.

Yea, I guess for some people. I personally thought Wii U launch was pretty awful. The OS was surprisingly slow (slower than the Wii's lol). And the console would lock up like crazy. The launch line up for PS4 and XB1 are a lot better imo. But it had its redeeming qualities.

I also think it is silly that Nintendo still hasn't implemented an account system yet.

For just music playback, it would be more likely to be used by people who have their PS3 hooked up to a receiver setup with nice speakers. Just the TV would be lol-worthy.

I see, never thought anyone did that. Can see why it's a pretty big deal for some people. But I'm for the most part there for the games. Although the lack of media servers really sucks. Actually a lot the stuff revealed in that FAQ thread suck.

Tom Penny

How are the Steelers and Texans losing games in a passing league when Houston gives up like 150 yards a game and Steelers give up only 180?

cdyhybrid

Sounds like the Martin thing had nothing to do with Sherman. His teammates were doing some harmless stuff to mess with him and he flipped out.

Sounds like the Martin thing had nothing to do with Sherman. His teammates were doing some harmless stuff to mess with him and he flipped out.

Yup apparently he has emotional issues and left dolphins for some facility? Damn it...

Edit: Teammate played a joke on him and flipped out and left. Is there something in the water down in Miami??

cdyhybrid

Glazer said Eagles and Packers both had 3rd-rounder for Tony Gonzalez trades worked out in 2008, but Chiefs pushed for a 2nd-rounder right before the trade deadline so they never went through. Apparently Tony G flipped out.

Glazer said Eagles and Packers both had 3rd-rounder for Tony Gonzalez trades worked out in 2008, but Chiefs pushed for a 2nd-rounder right before the trade deadline so they never went through. Apparently Tony G flipped out.

Man Tony G on that 2008 Eagles team would have been crazy.

Damn he could have won a SB with GB...that really sucks.

tmdorsey

If this is true, Tony probably didn't want to go back them anyway. :jnc

cdyhybrid

Prayers for Ryan Tannehill. No one is going to excuse his bad play on his crap line

I know you're just trying
and failing
to troll Seattle fans, but I haven't seen anyone here saying Tannehill's struggles have nothing to do with poor line play.

Clockwork5

So wait, "doin it 2003 style" is not a reference to the 9-0 start to the Chiefs 03 season? Yeah, I guess few remember that team, they did get knocked out in the first round of the playoffs and had something some might say resembled an NFL defense, but they also had the best start in franchise history. I hope we can squeeze out another piece of
Smith
on Sunday and tie that record!

If this is true, Tony probably didn't want to go back them anyway. :jnc
It's true, I remember the story with the Pack was like "breaking! Packers trade for Tony G!", followed by "lol, nope", followed by "because the Chiefs proposed a counter-offer literally 5 minutes before the deadline".

squicken

I know you're just trying
and failing
to troll Seattle fans, but I haven't seen anyone here saying Tannehill's struggles have nothing to do with poor line play.

This is more about Tannehill than Russell. Bedard has been shitting on Tannehill for two weeks. One of ESPN's other guys has been doing the same. I posted something last week about Bedard saying MIA's pass protection hadn't been too bad and there were a couple plays they let down DL just come free

It's not that he isn't playing bad; he is. It's why. Some guys are just bad QBs and will suck either way. I don't think Blaine Gabbert had the best situation to thrive in, but he also never flashed even the smallest bit of competence week to week. Even before the year I was still unsure on Tannehill, but was glad they made efforts to improve the offense. Now, Gibson is out for the year and an offensive tackle just went nuts the day before a national TV game

Bowser

So wait, "doin it 2003 style" is not a reference to the 9-0 start to the Chiefs 03 season? Yeah, I guess few remember that team, they did get knocked out in the first round of the playoffs and had something some might say resembled an NFL defense, but they also had the best start in franchise history. I hope we can squeeze out another piece of
Smith
on Sunday and tie that record!

I'd prefer "Doin' it 2003 Style" to mean the Panthers go back to the SB.

cdyhybrid

This is more about Tannehill than Russell. Bedard has been shitting on Tannehill for two weeks. One of ESPN's other guys has been doing the same. I posted something last week about Bedard saying MIA's pass protection hadn't been too bad and there were a couple plays they let down DL just come free

It's not that he isn't playing bad; he is. It's why. Some guys are just bad QBs and will suck either way. I don't think Blaine Gabbert had the best situation to thrive in, but he also never flashed even the smallest bit of competence week to week. Even before the year I was still unsure on Tannehill, but was glad they made efforts to improve the offense. Now, Gibson is out for the year and an offensive tackle just went nuts the day before a national TV game

I think people shitting on Tannehill are dumb. Yes, he's not playing well, but he's young and not getting a lot of help. I'd be more concerned about the Fins David Carr-ing him than the numbers he's putting up.

effzee

Eagles lost in the NFC CG in 2008. That team easily could have won a SB with an addition like Tony G.

Maybe things would have turned out different but that year our biggest problem was really the defense.

First cracks in the JJ defense which for a decade was solid. Sure the offense started off slow against Arizona in the NFCCG but that D couldn't do anything. Nothing worked against Warner and whenever they needed a big stop they failed.

Still sucks to hear about these possible deals that never were.

Tony G
R. Wilson
Colin Kapernick.

squicken

Sounds like Martin got bullied into mental illness? Odd that an NFL LT could be bullied by teammates.

I think people shitting on Tannehill are dumb. Yes, he's not playing well, but he's young and not getting a lot of help. I'd be more concerned about the Fins David Carr-ing him than the numbers he's putting up.

It's happening. Looks awful right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom