• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 9 |OT| - Doin' It 2003 Style

Status
Not open for further replies.
have always been a Brock believer and I'm happy he is finally proving himself...and I hear good things about Wright...our GM has been trying to get him for a while now.

but that being said I wish we could still keep Nnambi (just in case of an injury), and release one of our backup scrub safeties. I'd rather have Nnambi fill in at Free Safety for Eric Reid than GARBAGE ASS Craig Duhl. We ain't paying Nnambi shit...heck I think Duhl is getting more money.

So what team do yall think will pick him up?

The Raiders should. He was good there and they definitely need help in their secondary.

Bowser

Wasn't Dez drafted under the old rookie pay scale? A 50k dinner to him and 30k to Martin are probably completely different expenses

Dez signed a 5 year, $11.8m deal with $8.6m guaranteed ($2.0m signing bonus).

Martin signed a 4 year, $4.8m deal with $2.9m guarnateed ($1.9m signing bonus).

have always been a Brock believer and I'm happy he is finally proving himself...and I hear good things about Wright...our GM has been trying to get him for a while now.

but that being said I wish we could still keep Nnambi (just in case of an injury), and release one of our backup scrub safeties. I'd rather have Nnambi fill in at Free Safety for Eric Reid than GARBAGE ASS Craig Duhl. We ain't paying Nnambi shit...heck I think Duhl is getting more money.

Montreal Alouettes.

I don't know, in the NFL there are few enough teams and players that I almost never have a problem finding a reason to root for one team or the other (yesterday was hard though! so many meaningless games).

College though I watch pretty much just for the football.

I mentioned that previously, I always have a reason to root for specific teams whether I hate one or it affects standings for my team. Hell, FF can add a lot of interest for fans if you get into it, hardly any game is meaningless then. Meaningless boring match ups aren't an issue on Sunday with so many games but it's rough when it's a Thur or Mon night game. Then again, we get football 3 days instead of one so I'm not complaining!

That's interesting to me because that is why I have a hard time watching college, lack of good football play. There is virtually no defense in college, gimmicky systems that would never work at the next level, and too many teams/unskilled players. Now the second point can still be entertaining so maybe it's not worth mentioning but the first point in particular makes it harder to watch for me. It feels like an arcade game which is fun every once in a while but not weekly. Some the differences in rules really bother me as well. I don't understand why they don't make college emulate pro leagues as much as possible for both football and basketball.

Good question. I'm much more excited about Wright than sticking Nnambi somewhere deep on the depth chart. Fuck him he's washed up.

Miguel

I only have 7 rules for fandom.

1. No squickening
2. Pick a team and stick with them
3. No squickening
4. Only one team per fan
5. No squickening
6. Don't disappear when the going gets tough
7. No squickening

You misspelled "No squickening" like 3 times man.

cdyhybrid

Nnamdi is going to get cut today. 49ers are going to activate Eric Wright and probably Mario Mannighham

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/397465231145709568

Niners endorsement of PED use continues.

Fox318

Yeah because there are so many Jets bandwagoners.

Giants win a game and the board is flooded with them. Jets win and its like 3 other people.

Cowboys win and we have 400 new posters

Watch Big Ten football! The defenses aren't any better but the offenses suck so it appears they are!

haha :| Honestly I'd like to get into it more, especially when my team has a down year so I can analyze top draft prospects with my own eyes through out a complete season. Then again, I'd never get anything done on any weekend then...

Afrikan

Niners endorsement of PED use continues.

adderall.jpg

re Riverboat Ron

This is just me, and granted it is an improvement over what he was doing, but I would like a better decision making process beyond "fuck it" when it came to such critical moments

I thought about that yesterday. What happens when Ron gets too aggressive, goes for it when he shouldn't and ends up costing the team dearly? How does Panthers nation react then?

Fortunately for the new Ron, the odds will almost always be in his favor on 4th and 1 or 2. He has the best QB on short-yardage in the league and one of the best RB in those situations in Cam and Tolbert. The threat of the run on 4th and short has also been effective in establishing play-action and conversions off of play fakes (i.e. the Olsen touchdown yesterday)

Seriously, what the hell happened to Nnamdi? We still desperately need a CB2.

In other news, Cards signed Jake Ballard for the rest of the season today. I wonder how healthy he is considering the Pats cut him but that was before the season began I think.

Crisco

Banned
I thought about that yesterday. What happens when Ron gets too aggressive, goes for it when he shouldn't and ends up costing the team dearly? How does Panthers nation react then?

Fortunately for the new Ron, the odds will almost always be in his favor on 4th and 1 or 2. He has the best QB on short-yardage in the league and one of the best RB in those situations in Cam and Tolbert. The threat of the run on 4th and short has also been effective in establishing play-action and conversions off of play fakes (i.e. the Olsen touchdown yesterday)

I mean, I don't think he's going to go full Belichick or anything, and go for it on 4th and short on his side of the field when protecting a lead. He's basically just doing whatever the odds favor at this point.

Multiple sources reporting Incognito will no longer be a member of the Dolphins, base salary is $4million but the Dolphins aren't obligated to pay him under "conduct violation"

source: NFL Insiders (They didn't say where they got this info from just said multiple sources were reporting it)

In other news, Cards signed Jake Ballard for the rest of the season today. I wonder how healthy he is considering the Pats cut him but that was before the season began I think.

He looked a gift horse in the mouth.

Got gassed up, left Oakland, got exposed, and is about to drop out of the bottom of the league.

He's fucking Kerry Washington though so don't feel too bad for him.

He looked a gift horse in the mouth.

Got gassed up, left Oakland, got exposed, and is about to drop out of the bottom of the league.

He's fucking Kerry Washington though so don't feel too bad for him.

It's just hard to believe someone that was considered top 2 in the league at his position could fall off a cliff so fast and not due to age or injury.

BigAT

I remember seeing his name come up a couple of weeks ago with regards to the Giants maybe grabbing him and the consensus seemed to be that he still wasn't fully recovered. Truthfully, he may never get back to 100%. It was a rather serious injury and if I remember correctly, he had knee issues prior to that even.

Lunchbox

Banned
Yeah because there are so many Jets bandwagoners.

Giants win a game and the board is flooded with them. Jets win and its like 3 other people.

Cowboys win and we have 400 new posters

when the jets win you get Frankman digging through his closet for his chad pennington jersey

be happy with what you get

Syrinx

NFL Live just played the stadium PSA (I assume that's what that was) of Richie Incognito telling the fans to "be respectufl" and shit.

I can't...

Okay Godslay, The Road is an excellent movie, still my first statement regarding the movie stands. Thanks for the suggestion though, bud!

Really though, I need a new Fallout game.

I remember seeing his name come up a couple of weeks ago with regards to the Giants maybe grabbing him and the consensus seemed to be that he still wasn't fully recovered. Truthfully, he may never get back to 100%. It was a rather serious injury and if I remember correctly, he had knee issues prior to that even.

Doh. Yeah, you never know how a guy will bounce back from an ACL tear and usually it's not very well. We tried him out a few weeks back so he must have showed something... We could really use solid TE play, would help Palmer tremendously. Housler was supposed to emerge this year but clearly it will take longer if it ever happens.

Trey

E.J. Manuel should have learned one thing from this week.

Throw to Stevie, he will get you paid.

Mind boggling TJ Graham running a baby slant was Tuel's first read over Stevie Johnson in the endzone.

Stevie should just join the Patriots. I can forgive him for the whole 'North Korea should nuke Boston' thing.

Belichick would love a Stevie. He already drools over Jackson as it is. Half the reason I wanted the Bills to pay them both when their contracts were up was because I knew the Patriots would take a run at them.

Even with Martin and Incognito gone the Dolphins will look better if they keep trying to maintain some balance. Tannehill wasn't under nearly as much pressure against the Bengals as he has been previously because Sherman finally called runs in the second half, and they played the majority of that game without Incognito and Martin. Tannehill was only (lol) sacked 3 times!

That said, Nate Garner will be the replacement LG and he is pretty awful.

EDIT: Dolphins averaged 21.6 rushing attempts per game through the first 8 weeks and had 30 against the Bengals (Tannehill only threw 28 passes).

Feeling good about the Browns at 4-5. J Camp playing well. I have no doubts we can head down to the smelly part of the state and get to 500 plus get that tiebreaker.

BigAT

Doh. Yeah, you never know how a guy will bounce back from an ACL tear and usually it's not very well. We tried him out a few weeks back so he must have showed something... We could really use solid TE play, would help Palmer tremendously. Housler was supposed to emerge this year but clearly it will take longer if it ever happens.

The thing is it wasn't just an ACL tear, I believe he had microfracture surgery on the knee in addition.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
On the Miami front, I just think it points to a lack of leadership. Hazing is going to happen, but there's a line where the veterans of the team should step in and end it. Incognito was on the "leadership council", Tanny's too young and Philbin won't look his players in the eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom