• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 9 |OT| - Doin' It 2003 Style

Status
Not open for further replies.
AnkelBreak2.gif

This angle of it....

#dead

Beautiful! *___*

ShaneB

Pfft, don't let those who don't know better get to you. You made your choice before the season, and as long as you don't bolt to another team when things aren't going as well as they are now, you're in no way a bandwagoner.

Yeah, I'm doing my part to get aquainted with the team, watching the yearbook videos of each year, reading books, reading blogs and game insights, getting familiar with the rosters and depth charts, etc etc. Recently watched the Rain City Redemption vids, good stuff. Now I just need to decide on a shirt or two to ship home for myself as christmas gifts, maybe a touque as well!

Even with Martin and Incognito gone the Dolphins will look better if they keep trying to maintain some balance. Tannehill wasn't under nearly as much pressure against the Bengals as he has been previously because Sherman finally called runs in the second half, and they played the majority of that game without Incognito and Martin. Tannehill was only (lol) sacked 3 times!

That said, Nate Garner will be the replacement LG and he is pretty awful.

EDIT: Dolphins averaged 21.6 rushing attempts per game through the first 8 weeks and had 30 against the Bengals (Tannehill only threw 28 passes).

When I watch the Dolphins (Which isn't often admittedly) I get the idea that they're trying to run the Packers offense circa 2011. Only thing is Tanny isn't as elusive as Rodgers is, so a shit line is a backbreaker.

squicken

I thought about that yesterday. What happens when Ron gets too aggressive, goes for it when he shouldn't and ends up costing the team dearly? How does Panthers nation react then?

Fortunately for the new Ron, the odds will almost always be in his favor on 4th and 1 or 2. He has the best QB on short-yardage in the league and one of the best RB in those situations in Cam and Tolbert. The threat of the run on 4th and short has also been effective in establishing play-action and conversions off of play fakes (i.e. the Olsen touchdown yesterday)

I was just teasing. I'm sure he has a plan and all. And the whole revolution is over. Teams are going for it on 4th and short like mad. The next step is to stop taking the damn RB plunges all the time and just sneaking the QB. A guy like Flacco is just too big not to get 4th and short

Speaking of, it's kind of fun seeing him go back to being the guy he always was. It's was like everyone in the world knew the Ravens were nuts to kill themselves to keep him, and that he could never carry them, and here we are. Not sure if it is on Ozzie, as the owner may have told him to make sure he kept him. I mean what is the difference between the Flacco-led offense and the Glennon-led offense?

I was just teasing. I'm sure he has a plan and all. And the whole revolution is over. Teams are going for it on 4th and short like mad. The next step is to stop taking the damn RB plunges all the time and just sneaking the QB. A guy like Flacco is just too big not to get 4th and short

Speaking of, it's kind of fun seeing him go back to being the guy he always was. It's was like everyone in the world knew the Ravens were nuts to kill themselves to keep him, and that he could never carry them, and here we are. Not sure if it is on Ozzie, as the owner may have told him to make sure he kept him. I mean what is the difference between the Flacco-led offense and the Glennon-led offense?

A superbowl.

TheFatOne

He wants to end as many careers as possible.

Headhunting and saying shit like he has to end careers by taking out knees nowadays.

"You just have to go low now, man. You've got to end people's careers. You got to tear people's ACLs and mess up people's knees. You can't hit them high anymore."

Trying to cripple people.

Good old Merriweather. One of the worst draft picks by the Pats. I'm surprised he is still in the league.
So Philbin clams Martin never complained about anything until this week.

I find that hard to believe if it's been going on for a long time.

Yeah, I'm doing my part to get aquainted with the team, watching the yearbook videos of each year, reading books, reading blogs and game insights, getting familiar with the rosters and depth charts, etc etc. Recently watched the Rain City Redemption vids, good stuff. Now I just need to decide on a shirt or two to ship home for myself as christmas gifts, maybe a touque as well!

You're dedicated. I respect that. Gonna buy a jersey as well? Sucks that they're so expensive. I want more jerseys but I don't have the money.

Belichick would love a Stevie. He already drools over Jackson as it is. Half the reason I wanted the Bills to pay them both when their contracts were up was because I knew the Patriots would take a run at them.

Everybody would love a Stevie. Love watching him play myself. Bill will probably sign Jackson when he's close to retirement, give him one final paycheck just so Bill can watch him practice and take him out for dinner.

even better book

Isn't that always the case? Should probably try to pick it up, I just never really have the time to read a book though.

I think the Jets are going to make the playoffs... Who would have imagined that? Just look at the rest of their schedule:

@ Bills
@ Ravens
Dolphins
Raiders
@ Panthers
Browns
@ Dolphins

Compare that to the Chargers who still have to face the Broncos and Chiefs twice, the Bengals, and a Raiders team that has already beaten them once. Jets will hold the tie-breaker between Buffalo, Cleveland and Baltimore, should New York win, so all three of those teams could be out of contention.

TheFatOne

If Martin has any evidence he contacted the team earlier and they did nothing the Dolphins are fucked. The media shit storm will be relentless.

Gobias

Banned
I think the Jets are going to make the playoffs... Who would have imagined that? Just look at the rest of their schedule:

@ Bills
@ Ravens
Dolphins
Raiders
@ Panthers
Browns
@ Dolphins

Compare that to the Chargers who still have to face the Broncos and Chiefs twice, the Bengals, and a Raiders team that has already beaten them once. Jets will hold the tie-breaker between Buffalo, Cleveland and Baltimore, should New York win, so all three of those teams could be out of contention.

Too bad the Jets won't be able to handle JCamp.

If Martin has any evidence he contacted the team earlier and they did nothing the Dolphins are fucked. The media shit storm will be relentless.

I really don't think Philbin would keep stressing that if it wasn't the case, the team and the coaches already look terrible, that would just be pure icing.

cdyhybrid

Bruce Feldman ‏@BFeldmanCBS 1m
Re: Incognito story RT @JoeGoodmanJr: #Dolphins PR trying to cut press conference short after questions about racism.

racists

What evidence could he have though? This is just going to be a he said he said situation, and nobody will be able to prove anything.

@ Bills
@ Ravens
Dolphins
Raiders
@ Panthers
Browns
@ Dolphins

I really hope we sweep them, but I know we won't.

Trey

@ Bills
@ Ravens
Dolphins
Raiders
@ Panthers
Browns
@ Dolphins

All of those are tough games for the Jets.

Fox318

@ Bills
@ Ravens
Dolphins
Raiders
@ Panthers
Browns
@ Dolphins

I called it. Jets needed to be at 4-5 by the bye and they are 5-4. I like EJ but I don't see the Jets losing to the Bills and I see them winning against the Raiders, Ravens, and Browns. I think the jets should win at least one of the fish games but they could win both if their o-line play gets worse because of all of their shit.
Too bad the Jets won't be able to handle JCamp.

image.php

Seanspeed

Banned
"You just have to go low now, man. You've got to end people's careers. You got to tear people's ACLs and mess up people's knees. You can't hit them high anymore."
I always took that to be a sarcastic remark, in response to having to be ultra careful with hitting somebody in the upper body now. He was pissed off about his suspension.

I've noticed a lot of old players (now Wallace) claiming Incognito to be a cool/fun guy to be around, seems like this was mostly between him and Martin.

Fox318

I've noticed a lot of old players (now Wallace) claiming Incognito to be a cool/fun guy to be around, seems like this was mostly between him and Martin.

The only real thing to take out of this is that the coaches had no control of the locker room.

Philbin could be out of a job if the team doesn't end the season on a good note.

Philbin of course was very vague and extremely politically correct. Shrugging off most of the incriminating questions in the press conference I watched.

Gist of it: "I'm focused on football and I take these allegations seriously"

I called it. Jets needed to be at 4-5 by the bye and they are 5-4. I like EJ but I don't see the Jets losing to the Bills and I see them winning against the Raiders, Ravens, and Browns. I think the jets should win at least one of the fish games but they could win both if their o-line play gets worse because of all of their shit.

Jets havent won back to back games all year, and you have them going on at least a 3 game winning streak.

The only real thing to take out of this is that the coaches had no control of the locker room.

Philbin could be out of a job if the team doesn't end the season on a good note.

Which is best case scenario honestly, it's time to clean house, this team is terrible and the main responsible needs to go (Ireland)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom