• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 9 |OT| - Doin' It 2003 Style

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quit saying mean things, some people cant handle mean things.

Ok fine...I don't want you to flip out like our linemen or anything,

I think people shitting on Tannehill are dumb. Yes, he's not playing well, but he's young and not getting a lot of help. I'd be more concerned about the Fins David Carr-ing him than the numbers he's putting up.

What sucks is that his numbers have actually improved from last year (for the most part), if he had a decent oline and maybe a WR worth the 60 million....

cdyhybrid

Sounds like Martin got bullied into mental illness? Odd that an NFL LT could be bullied by teammates.

It's happening. Looks awful right now.

I don't think he was bullied into it.

Wait, what?

What happened?

His teammates all stood up to move to another table in the cafeteria as he was going to sit down (since he was the last one to get there) and he lost his shit. Pretty harmless and Glazer made it sound like they always do stuff like that.

squicken

I don't think he was bullied into it.

His teammates all stood up to move to another table in the cafeteria as he was going to sit down (since he was the last one to get there) and he lost his shit. Pretty harmless and Glazer made it sound like they always do stuff like that.

Ben Volin, who is in Boston now but was with Miami last year, said he has been the butt of jokes since he got there. Shy and weird

Ben Volin ‏@BenVolin 29m
Martin, a quiet kid from Stanford, took a lot of ribbing from his teammates last year as a rookie. Wonder if he finally went over the edge

Ben Volin ‏@BenVolin 16m
Big Weirdo. Lots of cracks at his shyness, too RT @aldosterone: @BenVolin wasn't his nickname "the weirdo"?

I mean whatever on bullying, he's a grown ass man.

cdyhybrid

Ben Volin, who is in Boston now but was with Miami last year, said he has been the butt of jokes since he got there. Shy and weird

Yeah, that makes it sound like he's got other issues and it's not just teammates picking on him.

Would be a pretty dickish move to pick on a teammate just because he's shy and a bit weird, but this is the League.

Godslay

Banned
I love that I share this opinion with you yet we are both getting PS4's at launch. ;)

My projected top three for November:

1. Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
2. Super Mario 3D World
3. Killzone: Shadow Fall

Pretty much just the top two for me and backlog. I think that will hold me over until March. I think this is the first launch I'm taking a pass on since I probably getting the Snes for Christmas rather than at launch. I'm fine with it, nothing out right now is more compelling to me than Zelda and Mario.

Yeah, that makes it sound like he's got other issues and it's not just teammates picking on him.

Apparently it's been going on since college maybe even high school,

anyways things seem to be falling apart in Miami after all:
@AdamHBeasley 24m

Just talked to somebody really plugged into the team. This person's take on what's going on in Davie: "Shambles."

@AdamHBeasley 21m

Someone told me of serious dysfunction within the locker room. Division, anger, etc.

He just posted this on twitter:

@J_Martin71 28 Oct

Gonna attack this Monday with EUTM

Not sure what EUTM is.

Striker

Sounds similar to the hazing Prince Amukamara got from guys like JPP. Prince has played well and gotten more confident so he's more upbeat.

MechDX

Apparently it's been going on since college maybe even high school,

anyways things seem to be falling apart in Miami after all:

He just posted this on twitter:

Not sure what EUTM is.

EUTM Mali (European Union Training Mission in Mali) is a European Union multinational military training mission headquartered in Bamako, Mali, which is training and advising the military of Mali.

Looks like he is going into combat.

MechDX

Ladies and gentlemen! My QB!

088_Texans-Vikings_083012_MCW.jpg

.....sniff...

Spinluck

Wow, I really don't know that to think of this. I'm pretty this how most of Gafs high school went. This says a lot (being mentally weaker than Gaf).

Bionic, if I wanna sue Fox, will you help me? I got money.

I'm pretty sure Bionic wouldn't help a Pats fan with a case.

But there is no telling what a man would do for money.

Glazer said Eagles and Packers both had 3rd-rounder for Tony Gonzalez trades worked out in 2008, but Chiefs pushed for a 2nd-rounder right before the trade deadline so they never went through. Apparently Tony G flipped out.
Damn. Can't imagine him on the packers but would've been great.

EUTM Mali (European Union Training Mission in Mali) is a European Union multinational military training mission headquartered in Bamako, Mali, which is training and advising the military of Mali.

Looks like he is going into combat.

Cool, maybe it'll toughen him up a bit.

Narag

What if Case looks great for 3.5 quarters, then as game is slipping away, scrambles and dives in the air for a first down?

Texans will end up first and goal, make the game winning score, go 11-5, make the playoffs, win the Superbowl then still have to start Schaub next year when Keenum trips over his cat or some shit during the offseason and gets IR'd for the year.

MechDX

Texans will end up first and goal, make the game winning score, go 11-5, make the playoffs, win the Superbowl then still have to start Schaub next year[ when Keenum trips over his cat or some shit during the offseason and gets IR'd for the year.

FUCK KAVE!

Someone made a joke on Twitter: The way our season is going. Keenum leads us deep into the playoffs, we make the Superbowl, win and in the presser following the game Kubiak announces Matt is still the starter and he will see how it goes in the offseason.

squicken

I hope Case does well. Texans fans deserve no more Schoob. I worry about Luck w/o Reggie. Texans defense has been easy to run on so that might not matter this game, but it's still a big concern. Not sure where the ball goes on 3rd and 5

FUCK KAVE!

Someone made a joke on Twitter: The way our season is going. Keenum leads us deep into the playoffs, we make the Superbowl, win and in the presser following the game Kubiak announces Matt is still the starter and he will see how it goes in the offseason.

you don't lose your job to injury. harbs taught me that

Narag

I hope Case does well. Texans fans deserve no more Schoob. I worry about Luck w/o Reggie. Texans defense has been easy to run on so that might not matter this game, but it's still a big concern. Not sure where the ball goes on 3rd and 5

How big is Cushing's absence in this regard?

squicken

How big is Cushing's absence in this regard?

LZ said Cushing wasn't playing well, so idk. The thing about the Texans defense, imo, is you have Watt who is awesome, and then you have Kareem Jackson, who is okay. Besides that, I'm not sure there is another defensive player you would say is above average. Antonio Smith, Joseph and Manning (hurt now) have really fallen off and Reed and Mercilus are really inconsistent

KaYotiX

Banned
November looking good!

Xbox One with Forza 5,NBA2K14, Madden 25, BF4,CoD Ghosts, KI, and maybe Ryse or AC4.

Zelda on the 3ds and mario 3d world on Wii U!

PS4 will be bought when infamous is out. :)

Wallet is ready!

Have all that then prolly play nothing but Dota 2 lol!

I think people shitting on Tannehill are dumb. Yes, he's not playing well, but he's young and not getting a lot of help. I'd be more concerned about the Fins David Carr-ing him than the numbers he's putting up.
It's happening right before our eyes and it sucks. I feel bad for the guy.

November looking good!

Xbox One with Forza 5,NBA2K14, Madden 25, BF4,CoD Ghosts, KI, and maybe Ryse or AC4.

Zelda on the 3ds and mario 3d world on Wii U!

PS4 will be bought when infamous is out. :)

Wallet is ready!

Have all that then prolly play nothing but Dota 2 lol!

lulz 720p

What the hell? Being dissatisfied with some playcalls is one thing, but that shouldn't stop you from getting out there and doing your damn job.

EDIT: Nevermind. Missed the newer stuff. Still, this team...

Oh don't worry things are still falling apart:
@AbramsonPBP 19m

On the offense and Sherman's play calling, I am told players want Coach Joe Philbin to intervene.

@AdamHBeasley 59m

How tight are things in Davie? In recent days Philbin dressed down a top assistant in front of the team during practice.

@JeffDarlington 20m

Agreed. On the brink, for sure. Lots of people getting antsy. RT @AdamHBeasley: Respect. Things seem to have mushroomed in last couple days.

squicken

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/63493380/

Grading rookie coaches

DOUG MARRONE, Buffalo Bills

Coping Skills/Long-Range Vision: A. The entire Bills quarterback situation has been a crisis management exercise since the start of camp. C.J. Spiller's on-and-off status has only put more pressure on the quarterbacks. From Manuel to Alonso to Robert Woods, rookies and new faces are everywhere.

CHIP KELLY, Philadelphia Eagles

Coping Skills/Long-Range Vision: D. Problems are snowballing on offense. Kelly's strategic thinking is still evolving, but Barkley's unpreparedness and his poor fit with the scheme are red flags.

Trending: Downward like a sack of batteries into the bottom of a reservoir (F). While the defense has made modest strides, the Eagles offense has collapsed completely. The Bills have proven that a quarterback catastrophe is no excuse for two touchdown-free weeks against second-tier opponents.

Midterm Grade: C-. And falling fast. Kelly's scheme showed early promise. Now he must prove his adaptability.

GUS BRADLEY, Jacksonville Jaguars

Quarterback Situation: D. Blaine Gabbert has established himself as a coach killer, scout killer, and optimism killer. The staff appears to have wisely settled on Chad Henne, at least until they think Matt Scott is ready to be sacrificed. These are bad quarterbacks, but it is hard to see what coordinator Jedd Fisch has done to improve them, support them, hide them, or otherwise keep them from endangering themselves.

Midterm Grade: D-. There's a saying in public education: never flunk a kid who's trying. The Jaguars are trying. That is the best even a Bradley believer can say about them right now.

Farooq

Banned
Just subscribed to Game Pass. Access to the all 22 is nice. Can see Monte Kiffin's record breaking defense in all its glory.

Most pass yards given up in a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom