• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 9 |OT| - Doin' It 2003 Style

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox318

Who is in the running for ROTY thus far?

HamJWQUh.jpg

ShaneB

Seeing how happy Sanjuro and Actstriker and others from the Boston area are just reminds me of my sports sadness.

Jesus Christ this really is the shame circle.

I do admit to having a bit of schadeunfrude when it comes to Toronto's sports woes. All I really would like to see is the Blue Jays compete again.

Milchjon

Seeing how happy Sanjuro and Actstriker and others from the Boston area are just reminds me of my sports sadness.

I've thought about it and after the Blue Jays world series (which I was only 10-11 years old for) what have I really got to celebrate in close to 20 years?

2 conference finals by the Leafs in the early 2000s

Raptors Atlantic division champions in 2007 or 2008...then bounced in the first round by Vince Carter and the Nets...

Really that's it.

Jesus Christ this really is the shame circle.

4 SB appearances for your Bills!

Mindlog

http://tbo.com/sports/bucs/bucs-dolphins-featuring-sapp-ceremony-officially-a-sellout-20131031/ said:
Bucs-Dolphins, featuring Sapp ceremony, officially a sellout

“We are excited that Buccaneer fans will enjoy a packed Raymond James Stadium for ‘Monday Night Football’ on a night when we will also celebrate Warren Sapp’s exceptional Hall of Fame career,” Buccaneers Chief Operating Officer Brian Ford said in a statement from the team.

Sapp, who was inducted in the Pro Football Hall of Fame this year, played nine years in Tampa Bay and helped lead the Bucs to a Super Bowl title for the 2002 season. The ceremony will include the retirement of his No. 99 and his induction into the Ring. Additionally, Hall president Steve Perry will present Sapp with his Class of 2013 Hall of Fame ring.

Sapp, who now works as an analyst for NFL Network, will join fellow Hall of Famer Lee Roy Selmon (63) as the only Bucs players with numbers retired.
0-8
Still sell out the stadium.

That's how we roll.

ManU ain't that team anymore.

Glazers ruined the Bucs and now they are in the process of fucking up ManU who just lost their legendary coach.

Barca or Real Madrid is probably a better bet. Though picking them for that reason kind of makes you a douche so be sure to pick up some clothes from Abercrombie. If unsure what to get ask that wannabe Pats fan. He is an expert in that shit.

Lunchbox is a ManU fan actually.

Bowser

0-8
Still sell out the stadium.

That's how we roll.

lol right, "sold out"

The team has announced that all remaining home games will be televised locally.

It doesn’t mean that enough tickets have been sold to lift the local blackout. It means that the team will buy any tickets necessary to meet the reduced 85-percent minimum necessary to get the games broadcast in the Tampa area.

“In appreciation for the loyal support of our fans throughout the Tampa Bay area, we have committed to televise the remaining seven home games of the 2013 season,” Buccaneers co-chairman Bryan Glazer said.

The Bucs bought the extra tickets (which are available to the team at 34 cents on the dollar) in 2009, when some in the media noticed that otherwise sold out games featured huge expanses of empty seats. From 2010 through 2012, the Bucs opted to allow the games to be blacked out — and they routinely were.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/26/bucs-announce-all-home-games-will-be-televised/

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Ryan Clark said:
In 2010, we saw it start with the Jets in the playoffs. When Tom Brady gets pressure and when you're man-to-man and bumping those guys and making it hard for him to throw, he sees ghosts. Even when guys aren't around him, even when he's not about to be sacked, when his clock goes off in his head that the ball should be out, we'll see him duck, we'll see him flinch. When you get Tom Brady doing that, the whole New England Patriots mystique goes away.

bionic77

Everyone knows that.

Too bad we won't be able to get pressure on him and/or bump their shit receivers off the line.

Its going to hurt bad watching our defense make Tom Brady look like he is good enough to be a backup qb for most teams. :(

If LeBeau was smart he would just cover passes that are 5-10 yards and let Brady defend the ones that go deeper than that with his natural lack of talent.

Mindlog

GG68B.jpg

The team announced that all non-premium seats have been purchased for the “Monday Night Football” game against the Miami Dolphins, making it officially a sellout.
iA6kIFH.gif

Could be our best chance at a win the rest of the year the way the Dolphins are playing.
I'm still not prepared to count out the Falcons. They suck hard and are getting worse.

Bucs have a tough schedule ahead. Going to have to work hard for Clowney. I think Schiano can do it. I believe in him.

Martin is downgraded to out tonight. Don't know if that had been posted:

Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora 4m

Dolphins, adrift at 3-4 with plenty of strife and facing big decisions this offseason, downgraded RT Jonathan Martin to out for tonite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom