• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 9 |OT| - Doin' It 2003 Style

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowser

Falcons Age. We need to get together and find this guy:

adam_schein.jpg

Picked Texans-Falcons Superbowl before season.

He also said this: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...hers-going-nowhere-with-ron-rivera-cam-newton

There's just this problem I can't get past when it comes to Cam Newton, Ron Rivera and this year's Carolina Panthers.

I don't think they have a chance.

They don't have a chance for anything.

I think the Panthers enter the 2013 season as the worst team in the NFC South
. They finished last season at 7-9, tied in the division standings with the New Orleans Saints and Tampa Bay Buccaneers. But both of those clubs made improvements. While I liked the Panthers' haul in the 2013 NFL Draft, where did Carolina get noticeably better? Honestly, the Panthers could be one of the four worst teams in the NFC.

lol go suck a dick you stupid biiiiiittttccchhhhhhhh!!

Ian Rappaport picked Tammy as first half MVP.

Some dumb broad picked Suh as first half DPOY.

Amazing.

:lol
In other news:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1h
The Bengals announce that they’ve activated WR Andrew Hawkins to the roster from the Reserve/Injured list.

pY2F6vF.gif

The Andy Dalton jokes no longer ring true -- at least not this month.
The Cincinnati Bengals quarterback has been named the AFC Offensive Player of the Month for October, after shredding defenses during the team's four-game win streak. He completed 89 of 131 passes for 1,246 yards and 11 touchdowns to just three interceptions for a 116.8 passer rating in four starts. The "Red Rifle" isn't done yet: The Bengals will play the Miami Dolphins on "Thursday Night Football" before November dawns.

o81hzsl.gif

Bowser

I like this Troy Aikman fellow!!!

But, for the first time this season, neither the Broncos nor Chiefs are the top team in Aikman Combined. That honor belongs to the Carolina Panthers, who displaced the Chiefs and moved into 1st after a dominating win over Tampa Bay last Thursday.

The Broncos and Chiefs are in a virtual tie for 2nd, 3.4 points behind Carolina. The Seahawks are now 4th.

The Panthers, 6th in AIkman Offense and 3rd in Aikman Defense, are the only team in the top 6 on both sides of the ball. The only other teams in the top 10 on both sides are the Saints (8th in Aikman Offense, 9th in Aikman Defense) and the 49ers (10th in Aikman Offense, 7th in Aikman Defense).

http://www.aikman.com/AikmanEfficie...man-Efficiency-Ratings-2013-as-of-Week-8.aspx

I hereby petition to use the Aikman Efficiency Ratings to determine the SB winner!

Milchjon

Amazing.

Needed to read that 3 times to realize you didn't mean they predicted this before the season, but actually picked them after watching the games.

Or not watching the games, I guess.

Fantomex

The problem with our GM and coaching staff is that they suck. Our GM is dumb. Granted, our offensive line was bad last year and we all knew improvements were needed. We had the opportunity to re-sign Jake Long, sign Albert from the Chiefs or draft someone in the first round that could really help. We did none of those things. We drafted a DL instead. Ok that’s fine. At least with a Rookie Offensive Lineman, you can chalk it up to growing pains and expect good things from them in the future if they would of stunk it up this season. Not that I'm saying Cooper or Johnson are franchise lineman but still. He then spends money on linebackers, I actually don’t mind. He then pays a receiver who knows one route a ton of money. Ok I guess, he will stretch the field. Now that the season is playing out, we realize Ireland sucks. Let’s move on to coaching.

Your offensive line really sucks. They can’t open up holes for the running backs. Hey, let’s keep trying to run it between the tackles! That’s not working? Let’s try it another 20 times in the first half, somethings gotta give eventually! Not having much succcess inside so let’s run it outside to give us a bit more leverage with Lamar Millers speed. Wow that worked! 20 yard gain, let’s run it up the middle again to see if that will work now. That still doesn’t work. Hmmmm.

Let’s try passing it! Crap, noone can get the hell open on long routes. Let’s try this a lot until it works. Man, I don’t know, maybe since we can’t run the ball, can’t get enough time for long routes to develop, and can’t block to save our lives we should try some short west coast passing routes where Tannehill can get rid of it in less than 3 seconds.... Nah Nevermind. Let’s just keep trying our run it up the middle and call complicated long developing receiving routes instead. What? The games over? Schucks. Let’s keep trying this every game of the season until we win again.

The problem with our GM and coaching staff is that they suck. Our GM is dumb. Granted, our offensive line was bad last year and we all knew improvements were needed. We had the opportunity to re-sign Jake Long, sign Albert from the Chiefs or draft someone in the first round that could really help. We did none of those things. We drafted a DL instead. Ok that’s fine. At least with a Rookie Offensive Lineman, you can chalk it up to growing pains and expect good things from them in the future if they would of stunk it up this season. Not that I'm saying Cooper or Johnson are franchise lineman but still. He then spends money on linebackers, I actually don’t mind. He then pays a receiver who knows one route a ton of money. Ok I guess, he will stretch the field. Now that the season is playing out, we realize Ireland sucks. Let’s move on to coaching.

Your offensive line really sucks. They can’t open up holes for the running backs. Hey, let’s keep trying to run it between the tackles! That’s not working? Let’s try it another 20 times in the first half, somethings gotta give eventually! Not having much succcess inside so let’s run it outside to give us a bit more leverage with Lamar Millers speed. Wow that worked! 20 yard gain, let’s run it up the middle again to see if that will work now. That still doesn’t work. Hmmmm.

Let’s try passing it! Crap, noone can get the hell open on long routes. Let’s try this a lot until it works. Man, I don’t know, maybe since we can’t run the ball, can’t get enough time for long routes to develop, and can’t block to save our lives we should try some short west coast passing routes where Tannehill can get rid of it in less than 3 seconds.... Nah Nevermind. Let’s just keep trying our run it up the middle and call complicated long developing receiving routes instead. What? The games over? Schucks. Let’s keep trying this every game of the season until we win again.

I like how you took out the "objective" part when you realized you were just bitching.

Can't wait for tonight, Fins up!
When will the torture end!?

Joe Person ‏@josephperson 13m
DE Charles Johnson (groin) sitting out again. Friday will be big day to see if he's ready for Sun.

Cowardly may get a reprieve. Chase Blackburn and DeAngelo Williams are limited participants in practice as well.

bionic77

Amazing.
Maybe MVP and DPOY mean something different to him.

It makes sense if he picked Brady as his mega vagina pussy and Suh as the dirty player of the year.

Male Vagina Possessor

Better.

It was the first thing that popped into my head.

Seems like a good fit. And even you have to agree that it makes more sense than calling him a valuable player!

He's clearly the most valuable player in my heart. But from a pure football perspective, I'm not sure if he even is the most valuable player on the Pats, because that might be Talib at the moment, so he's probably not the most valuable in the league.

Still, I don't think this team would be 6-2 with Mallett, but that's a different argument.

Better.

He's clearly the most valuable player in my heart. But from a pure football perspective, I'm not sure if he even is the most valuable player on the Pats, because that might be Talib at the moment, so he's probably not the most valuable in the league.

Still, I don't think this team would be 6-2 with Mallett, but that's a different argument.

You'd be 8-0 under Mallet, you know it's true.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Seeing how happy Sanjuro and Actstriker and others from the Boston area are just reminds me of my sports sadness.

I've thought about it and after the Blue Jays world series (which I was only 10-11 years old for) what have I really got to celebrate in close to 20 years?

2 conference finals by the Leafs in the early 2000s

Raptors Atlantic division champions in 2007 or 2008...then bounced in the first round by Vince Carter and the Nets...

Really that's it.

Jesus Christ this really is the shame circle.

Earendil

Good luck to the Dolphins tonight. Hopefully the game is injury free.

I think this is a trap game for the Bengals, but I still think they come out on top.

Bengals 21
Dolphins 10

Tom Penny

Seeing how happy Sanjuro and Actstriker and others from the Boston area are just reminds me of my sports sadness.

I've thought about it and after the Blue Jays world series (which I was only 10-11 years old for) what have I really got to celebrate in close to 20 years?

Raptors Atlantic division champions in 2007 or 2008...then bounced in the first round by Vince Carter and the Nets...

Really that's it.

Stop with the sob stories. The New England area has only seen 12 championship berths and 8 titles the last decade. That's pretty good I suppose.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

Really that's it.

Easy solution. Lifelong ManU or whatever that team is that always wins in futbol.

bionic77

Easy solution. Lifelong ManU or whatever that team is that always wins in futbol.
ManU ain't that team anymore.

Glazers ruined the Bucs and now they are in the process of fucking up ManU who just lost their legendary coach.

Barca or Real Madrid is probably a better bet. Though picking them for that reason kind of makes you a douche so be sure to pick up some clothes from Abercrombie. If unsure what to get ask that wannabe Pats fan. He is an expert in that shit.

Askani

The Columbus Crew won the MLS Cup in 2008! Maybe you can watch them in the playoffs this ye...oh...

Better luck next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom