• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 9 |OT| - Doin' It 2003 Style

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowser

McCoy says Bucs coaches got on him for helping up opponent

"I had my D-line coaches get on to me the other day. Well, not get on to me, try to get on to me. There's no way they're going to get on to me for this. They got upset with me because I helped somebody up [in the game]. So what. I don't care. Kiss my butt. Listen, if I want to help somebody, I'm going help somebody up. Because right on the next play I'm going to knock him down again. It doesn't matter. It doesn't matter.

“That doesn't change how hard I play. As long as in between the whistles I'm not helping anybody up, it doesn't matter. So what if I help them off the ground? ‘Good job; we're out here competing. But as soon as they snap the ball, I'm going to kill you again.'

“There's nothing wrong with that. Everybody's not like that. If you don't want to be like that, keep it to yourself. I don't care. I don't go tell them, ‘Hey, you're not doing this. You're not doing that.' I don't care. Everybody does what they do. If I help somebody up, get over it. Get over it.”

schiano.jpg

Schiano is like the anti-Lou Holtz. When Holtz took over the Jets he made up a fight song and tried to turn it into a fun college like atmosphere, Schiano is trying to suck all the fun out of that place. Managing every little detail like he is a dictator is a sure way to get guys to tune you out, unless you have had a ton of success already and then they have to listen to you.

squicken

In Hard Knocks the Bengals coaches were chastising a rookie for helping an offensive player up in practice. Something like "it's okay in practice since he's your teammate but don't be doing that in games"

I like McCoy but he's always been his own dude and I doubt that this is something that is unusual amongst defensive coaches

MechDX

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli 1h
"It gives them two backs. Brown's a good back," Phillips, when asked what Trent Richardson gives the Colts. #Texans

Just like his dad. lol

Also for some reason Young MC is performing at halftime Sunday.....what is it with washed up rappers?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Calvin Johnson and Reggie Bush in rare company at the season's midpoint

Both Johnson and Bush have 800-plus yards through eight games, making them the seventh tandem to accomplish that feat.

The Lions already knew what receiver Calvin Johnson meant to their offense, especially coming off a record-breaking 1,964-yard season in 2012.

They had a pretty good idea what free agent running back Reggie Bush was going to bring to the table, but there was still a little bit of uncertainty there.

At the midway point of the season, the Lions can feel pretty confident they have one of the best receiver/running back tandems in the NFL.

Johnson has 821 yards through the team’s first eight games and Bush has accumulated 853 total yards (518 rushing; 335 receiving).

According to Stats, LLC., the last team to feature a receiver with 800 yards and a running back with 800 total yards through the first eight games of the season (the midway point) was the Vikings in 2003 with receiver Randy Moss (87 and running back Moe Williams (801 total yards).

Coincidentally, current Lions offensive coordinator Scott Linehan held the same title with that Vikings team.

Since (at least) 1978, teams with an 800-yard receiver and running back with 800 total yards through eight games has occurred just seven times.

Johnson is on track for 1,642 receiving yards and 14 touchdowns this year.

Bush is on pace for 1,036 rushing yards, 670 receiving yards and eight total touchdowns.

Add quarterback Matthew Stafford to the equation, who will have 5,234 yards and 32 touchdowns on his current pace, and it’s easy to see why the Lions offense is considered one of the best in the NFL.

PLAYER POS YEAR TEAM G RUSH YDS REC YDS TOTAL YDS
Michael Irvin WR 1995 Dal 8 -- 908 908
Emmitt Smith RB 1995 Dal 8 979 202 118
Herman Moore WR 1997 Det 8 -- 804 804
Barry Sanders RB 1997 Det 8 893 195 1088
Marvin Harrison WR 1999 Ind 8 -- 887 887
Edgerrin James RB 1999 Ind 8 746 295 1041

Marvin Harrison WR 2000 Ind 8 -- 962 962
Edgerrin James RB 2000 Ind 8 921 256 1177
Isaac Bruce WR 2000 StL 8 -- 950 950
Marshall Faulk RB 2000 StL 8 771 555 1326

Randy Moss WR 2003 Min 8 -- 878 878
Moe Williams RB 2003 Min 8 571 230 801
Calvin Johnson WR 2013 Det 7 -- 821 821
Reggie Bush RB 2013 Det 7 518 335 853

54njR.gif

eznark

Banned
In Hard Knocks the Bengals coaches were chastising a rookie for helping an offensive player up in practice. Something like "it's okay in practice since he's your teammate but don't be doing that in games"

I like McCoy but he's always been his own dude and I doubt that this is something that is unusual amongst defensive coaches

squicken

What a handsome man. Deserves to be on more album covers; sales would skyrocket in the 12-70 year old female demographic.

For you I sampled the playlist

1st song is Kid Rock: Detroit, MI

2nd: Eminem Til I Collapse

3rd Jason Aldean w/Luke Bryan and Eric Church -- The Only Way I Know (This one is catchy. Makes me want to buy a Ford pickup)

4th Florida Georgia Line - Cruise (Country Song no idea)

If I was the kind of dude who hauled a boat behind a pickup on weekends I would dig this playlist

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
For you I sampled the playlist

1st song is Kid Rock: Detroit, MI

2nd: Eminem Til I Collapse

3rd Jason Aldean w/Luke Bryan and Eric Church -- The Only Way I Know (This one is catchy. Makes me want to buy a Ford pickup)

4th Florida Georgia Line - Cruise (Country Song no idea)

If I was the kind of dude who hauled a boat behind a pickup on weekends I would dig this playlist

Hahahaha :jnc

Hunter S.

I like this. Too bad Snyder will never change so long as he owns the team. Bad name, bad field, bad coach, bad team.
Mike Shanahan is one of three active coaches to win multiple Super Bowls and one of seven active coaches that have at least one Super Bowl win. Eat a bag of dicks. Just because you think something is offensive does not make it a fact that it is offensive to all.

MechDX

http://espn.go.com/blog/houston-texans/post/_/id/1742/texans-play-action-improved-with-keenum

HOUSTON -- One of the more alarming statistics about the Houston Texans offense this season had to do with play-action passing.

While the Texans' play-action passing had been a strength, quarterback Matt Schaub struggled with it this season. In the Texans' first six games, Schaub's average pass distance on play-action passing was 4 yards, the lowest in the NFL.

He didn't throw any passes longer than 30 yards and his average yards per attempt was 5.5. Schaub's passer rating on play-action passes was 95.3 while his QBR was 27.6.

What happened when Case Keenum took the helm against the Kansas City Chiefs?

Improvement, even with the tepid state of the Texans' running back corps.

Keenum's average pass distance was 10.3 yards. He averaged 19 yards per play-action attempt. He threw two passes longer than 30 yards in one game. Keenum's passer rating on play-action was 109.7 against the Chiefs and his QBR was 98.8.

Fucking Schaub

I need more meat to my system. It will be our desktop system. I should probably be interested in games but really all I want is light photo and movie editing and two screens fr work and internet.

Can't decide between souped up Mini or manly PC with 2 monitor setup!

For that you'd need a graphics card, but the rest would do you fine. Just swap out the SSD for a high capacity HDD and you're fine.

mr2xxx

Banned
Since I don't play a lot of PC games the card usually goes to waste.

You don't need a high end card for multi-monitor support, all the low end cards support it. I know the mac mini supports it also but not sure if standard PC motherboards support it with integrated GPUs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom