• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 9 |OT| - Doin' It 2003 Style

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ross Tucker seems to like the work Pugh is doing for the Giants:

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/..._pugh_has_outplayed_nfl_drafts_top_picks.html

"Pugh has probably been more solid than any of those [other rookies]. It's really been because of his feet, and he's playing smarter," Tucker said. "Those guys are lunging. Those guys are whiffing. You don't really see that from Pugh. He'll get beat late sometimes, but you don't see him outright whiffing.

"I think he's figured it out that if you really try to be too aggressive and try to do the same thing every time, like Fisher and Lane Johnson do, you're gonna get beat. You have to change it up."

Offensive line coach Pat Flaherty believes Pugh's technique and fundamentals have improved each week. He hasn't allowed a sack since Week 3 in Carolina, and has only allowed five pressures in the past three games, according to Pro Football Focus.

Most importantly, he's kept it all together mentally at a very difficult position.

"When he gets beat, he doesn't go into a frenzy. I've seen offensive line coaches in this league have psychiatrists on the sideline for these guys," former NFL lineman and current FOX analyst Brian Baldinger said. "But he doesn't look like he needs that."

Also, report on the Fins players questioning Sherman's direction with the offense:

Other players are also questioning the approach of offensive coordinator Mike Sherman. Guard Richie Incognito is unhappy Sherman stopped calling running plays in the second half of the New England loss and has been public about the Dolphins abandoning that which was working.

"I think we should just keep running the football 30, 40 times a game," Incognito says. "That's our blueprint for success. We have to run the football for four quarters."

The dislike for Sherman's play-calling can be found throughout the Dolphins organization. One high-ranking person within the team is dumbfounded by Sherman's approach in some situations, saying the coach misses "101 stuff" -- meaning fundamental things.

Coach Joe Philbin's relationship with the media has grown tense and, earlier this week, even combative. It wasn't that way last year even during a 7-9 season. The difference this year is the increased influence of Executive Vice President of Football Administration Dawn Aponte, a member of the New York State bar and a Bill Parcells disciple. Aponte, originally hired to manage the salary cap underJeff Ireland, got from under the general manager's umbrella when the two clashed. She has become a close Philbin ally.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...t-with-mike-pounceypicture.html#storylink=cpy

bionic77

Going dual monitor is going to be expensive!

Getting 2 1440 monitors will set me back at least a grand if I get the Dell I was considering (only thing I would ever buy from Dell).

Starting to think of getting another souped up mini. Can't decide between that and a beefy ass gaming rig (not for gaming, just for the powah).

Going dual monitor is going to be expensive!

Getting 2 1440 monitors will set me back at least a grand if I get the Dell I was considering (only thing I would ever buy from Dell).

Starting to think of getting another souped up mini. Can't decide between that and a beefy ass gaming rig (not for gaming, just for the powah).

I just finished pricing out my HTPC build. 494.70, I can't wait.

cdyhybrid

I'd love it if the entire team wasn't a racist slur against a group of people that essentially went through genocide.

Your team is racist against British people and everyone who believes in fair play. Luckily for you, racism against Brits is an American tradition.

Bowser

Washington Redballs

tyrone-biggums1.jpg

Wes

venison crêpe
Logged in to yahoo to make my picks and this shocked me:

gszCHNc.jpg

I think this may be the first week I've ever guessed correctly in double digits during bye weeks.

squicken

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/31/washington-post-calls-out-rg3/

Not a sacred cow in DC anymore it seems

t’s hard to pinpoint the moment the monster was created.

It may have happened when Robert Griffin III lit up the Cowboys on Thanksgiving. It possibly occurred when he torched the Saints in Week One of the 2012 season. It might have been when he flashed his million-dollar smile and his fancy socks after officially becoming the second overall pick in the draft.

There’s a chance it was triggered the moment the Redskins sent three first-round picks and a second-round pick to St. Louis for the future ability to select him.

Regardless, a franchise starved for a franchise quarterback made Griffin the most popular — and in turn the most powerful — player on the team, necessarily putting an unproven rookie above his teammates. He proved himself worthy of special treatment during a season that started with sizzle, slid to a 3-6 funk, and ended with an unlikely playoff berth, but the handling of a knee that imploded in the playoffs (I still wonder whether the ACL tear originally happened when he was hit by Haloti Ngata in December) has created a team that has lost its sense of team.

Lost in the current controversy regarding the team’s name is that, as a practical matter, the name changed at some point in the last 20 months. The Redskins no longer are the Redskins. They’re Robert Griffin III and the Redskins, and folks in D.C. are starting to notice that’s not the best way to be successful.

Mike Jones of the Washington Post looks at whether Griffin has the passing ability to ever be elite. Sally Jenkins of the Post explores the more important question — whether Griffin has become an “unteachable know-it-all” who will always find someone else to blame for his failure to become what many in D.C. had already proclaimed him to be.

We reported earlier in the season that one teammate perceived that coach Mike Shanahan for the first time talked to Griffin as if he were any other player. The media in D.C. seems to now be doing the same.

Next will be the fans, and the end result could be the next new football regime in D.C. deciding whether Griffin or some other quarterback (Kirk Cousins?) gives the team the best possible chance to win a Super Bowl, or two.

Until the guy with the ultimate power to change the name of the team realizes that the team can’t succeed as Robert Griffin III and the Redskins — and unless Griffin buys in to becoming something other than the face of a still-dysfunctional franchise — the team will never be known again as Washington Redskins, NFL Champions.

What are the specs?

A Mac Mini spec'ed the way I want it was like a grand.

I figure for a grand I can get a average gaming PC (meaning something more powerful than the Bone, 4 and U combined together).

8 gigs DDR3 1600 ram
2 core i3 processor @ 3.4 GHz with embedded HD 4600
Wireless B/G/N
128 Gigs or HD space on a SSD

Basically, capable of running all current games at 720P @ 45 fps (I don't have a 1080p TV). Expandable in case I ever want to upgrade to 1080p60fps.

I was at the Sony store in Ceaser's Palace yesterday and they had a Sony Xperia Z Ultra, the phone with the 6.5'' screen. My god it looked awesome, I had never seen one in person before. Sadly it was $700. Man I want a phone that big so bad.

bionic77

8 gigs DDR3 1600 ram
2 core i3 processor @ 3.4 GHz with embedded HD 4600
Wireless B/G/N
128 Gigs or HD space on a SSD

Basically, capable of running all current games at 720P @ 45 fps (I don't have a 1080p TV). Expandable in case I ever want to upgrade to 1080p60fps.
I need more meat to my system. It will be our desktop system. I should probably be interested in games but really all I want is light photo and movie editing and two screens fr work and internet.

Can't decide between souped up Mini or manly PC with 2 monitor setup!

Fox318

I was at the Sony store in Ceaser's Palace yesterday and they had a Sony Xperia Z Ultra, the phone with the 6.5'' screen. My god it looked awesome, I had never seen one in person before. Sadly it was $700. Man I want a phone that big so bad.

If you want a phone with mid-range specs get a Galaxy Mega.

Although nobody would advise that.

If you want a phone with mid-range specs get a Galaxy Mega.

Although nobody would advise that.

I am hoping that Nokia does a bigger phone at some point. Now that I actually use word and office on my phone it sucks to have only a 5'' screen. I read somewhere on gaf that there is supposed to be a lumia phablet on the way. So I will check that out when it comes out.

Milchjon

I am hoping that Nokia does a bigger phone at some point. Now that I actually use word and office on my phone it sucks to have only a 5'' screen. I read somewhere on gaf that there is supposed to be a lumia phablet on the way. So I will check that out when it comes out.

That's been announced a while ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLhT56YjOto

Neat stuff like RAW support and a Refocus app (really worth a look, that last link).

Pretty sure it's not coming to Verizon, though. They only get the 5" 929

Maybe the $299 Dell Venue 8 Pro 8" tablet with full Windows 8 and Office included might appeal to you if you want Office on the go.

Of course, it's another added device, but it looks pretty good.

Interesting I had no idea there were windows tablets for so little. I will check that out. I had been using my touchpad for work type stuff but it wont stay connected to the internet anymore and charging it is a nightmare. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom