• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 9 |OT| - Doin' It 2003 Style

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miguel

At least the Sonics should be good this year.

taGRteL.gif

Crisco

Banned
So I wonder which elite QB will be next to catch QB aids? Rivers was patient zero, and seems to have finally gotten it out of his system. It's now spread to Roethlisberger and Matt Ryan (who curiously both played the Chargers in 2012). Brady doesn't count, he's just plain done.

Drakeon

So I wonder which elite QB will be next to catch QB aids? Rivers was patient zero, and seems to have finally gotten it out of his system. It's now spread to Roethlisberger and Matt Ryan (who curiously both played the Chargers in 2012). Brady doesn't count, he's just plain done.

You don't think Matt Ryan's performance has anything to do with Julio and Roddy both being injured this entire season? Julio was healthy for a few games, but Roddy hasn't been healthy the entire year.

BTW, I think the word you're looking for is Coaching, not QB Aids. Some coincidence that when Rivers gets a new coaching staff, he looks like the Rivers from 2007-2010. Clearly a lot of Rivers down period was the fault of Norv Turner. I'd credit McCoy and Whiz with Rivers resurgence.

Drakeon

Another Peypey. Regular season superstar, playoff failure. But with no rings!!!

lol, Alex Smith had his best game ever in the playoffs. Now, he did pretty terrible against the Giants the next week, but he doesn't have a big enough body of Playoff work to really determine one way or the other what his tendencies are in the playoffs, given he only played in 2 playoff games.

I think it'd be more accurate to say that a lot of Alex Smith's wins are due to fantastic defense than anything else. Let's not forget, Alex Smith of 2005-2010 was an entirely different player.

bionic77

Ben has not been bad this year. His team just sucks.

He was god like against the Vikings considering his left tackle was a zero all game.

Yeah the Seahawks and Colts have the most impressive resume.

My biggest problem with the Chiefs isn't the lack of offense, we've seen teams be successful without massive offensive attacks, it's the QB's they have beaten. It reads like a list of Browns starters.

We beat Romo, Vick, and Eli Manning, all better than anyone the Browns have fielded for years. All three of them were considered legit starters last year, and nobody expected us to beat those teams. It's not our fault 2/3rds of those guys have seemed fraudulent this year. We play who we're scheduled to play, and don't have any control over what happens injury-wise to other teams. Injuries always change the outcome of the NFL season, that's how the game works.

I understand people will keep moving the goalposts on the Chiefs. That's fine. I expect that after finishing in last place a season ago and being the top dogs records-wise this year. People don't want to recognize or respect 8-0, but I don't think any Chief's fans care about that.

We'll probably finish the year 12-4, or maybe 13-3. I don't see us winning in Denver or beating the Colts, and there are several other difficult match ups ahead. The key for future success if whether or not we secure home field in the playoffs.

Remember, our team hasn't won a playoff game since 1993. Several of the posters in this thread weren't even born then...

LJ11

I was pretty confident we would handle the Chiefs, but this team is too beat up, Lewis may not even start because his ribs are wrecked. He was missing so many easy throws against the Saints, ribs were definitely a factor, took too many hits and got skittish, wouldn't step into his throws. Not throwing today in practice.

It's probably going to be Jeff Tuel at QB. If Marrone wins with him he deserves coach of the year.

I was pretty confident we would handle the Chiefs, but this team is too beat up, Lewis may not even start because his ribs are wrecked. He was missing so many easy throws against the Saints, ribs were definitely a factor, took too many hits and got skittish, wouldn't step into his throws. Not throwing today in practice.

It's probably going to be Jeff Tuel at QB. If Marrone wins with him he deserves coach of the year.

Why not HoFlynn?

We beat Romo, Vick, and Eli Manning. All three of them were considered legit starters last year, and nobody expected us to beat those teams. We play who we're scheduled to play, and don't have any control over what happens injury-wise to other teams. Injuries always change the outcome of the NFL season, that's how the game works.

I understand people will keep moving the goalposts on the Chiefs. That's fine. I expect that after finishing in last place a season ago and being the top dogs records-wise this year. People don't want to recognize or respect 8-0, but I don't think any Chief's fans care about that.

We'll probably finish the year 12-4, or maybe 13-3. I don't see us winning in Denver or beating the Colts, and there are several other difficult match ups ahead. The key for future success if whether or not we secure home field in the playoffs.

Remember, our team hasn't won a playoff game since 1993. Several of the posters in this thread weren't even born then...

The thing is plenty of teams (Dolphins included) Have gone through this type of season before, coming off a terrible year, then having an amazing one only to have it come crashing down in the playoffs and the following years, now I'm not saying that they aren't a good team or don't deserve to be 8-0, they do, but it takes more then a year to establish a great team in the NFL and the chiefs are only into half of year one. Wait for it to play out a little more before claiming that teams aren't getting any respect etc, because it's usually premature anyways.

Spinluck

Lol, I would wait to see how the Colts adjust without Wayne first. Our receiving corps was struggling with him, it will be pretty tough without him.

LJ11

Why not HoFlynn?

Marrone pretty much said he doesn't trust him yet, "haven't seen enough of him," were his exact words.

Edit: Marrone was pretty pumped up this week too. Seemed super excited. Good to have a coach with some energy, and confidence.

eznark

Banned
We beat Romo, Vick, and Eli Manning, all better than anyone the Browns have fielded for years. All three of them were considered legit starters last year, and nobody expected us to beat those teams. It's not our fault 2/3rds of those guys have seemed fraudulent this year. We play who we're scheduled to play, and don't have any control over what happens injury-wise to other teams. Injuries always change the outcome of the NFL season, that's how the game works.

Uh, no one has moved the goalposts, it's always about who you beat. Only morons point to the record as though it ends all discussion.

For the record, I like the Chiefs. I think I say every week how much I like watching them play.

Fox318

I figure that the cowboys have the most expensive seat prices.

The highest non suite price for front row tickets I saw was a psl of $150,000 +$3,400 for one seat.

Who the fuck is paying that much for 1 seat?

I figure that the cowboys have the most expensive seat prices.

The highest non suite price for front row tickets I saw was a psl of $150,000 +$3,400 for one seat.

Who the fuck is paying that much for 1 seat?

Well, there is a pretty high chance you will intercept a pass from Tony Romo.

The thing is plenty of teams (Dolphins included) Have gone through this type of season before, coming off a terrible year, then having an amazing one only to have it come crashing down in the playoffs and the following years, now I'm not saying that they aren't a good team or don't deserve to be 8-0, they do, but it takes more then a year to establish a great team in the NFL and the chiefs are only into half of year one. Wait for it to play out a little more before claiming that teams aren't getting any respect etc, because it's usually premature anyways.

No team has ever gone from the worst record in the NFL to winning 7 straight games the next season, much less 8.

So no, this season is not like any previous Dolphins season. We're on unprecedented territory here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom