• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 9 |OT| - Doin' It 2003 Style

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow. The "we don't get any respect" thing again.

Go out and talk to a woman, please.

I don't. Because I find them gross and prefer life-sized pillow companions but I think it's still sound advice.

I don't. Because I find them gross and prefer life-sized pillow companions but I think it's still sound advice.

30_rock_body_pillow_300x152.jpg

Narag

What was that team that memes kept referring to as "the worst #-0 team ever" for weeks in a row?

2012 cards. nvm!

No team has ever gone from the worst record in the NFL to winning 7 straight games the next season, much less 8.

So no, this season is not like any previous Dolphins season. We're on unprecedented territory here.

Which won't mean anything if you end up collapsing later this year or next, why not wait until you actually prove something other than beating some shitty teams because there isn't a single team you've beat that you could say is one of the better teams in the NFL. And that includes the cowboys who are the only team with a 'winning' record (.500 no less) that you've beaten. Talk about not getting respect next year after you won some playoff games and start next year 5-0 against good teams or something. Right now to expect anything but cautious optimism is dumb.

bionic77

Pillows are definitely less risky.

No chance of STDs, kids, marriage or a mortgage. And they don't ask for expensive jewelry or purses either.

Wish they existed back when I was younger. I am old. Back in the day you had to have game or else only the option left was fat chicks (underrated, but I don't need to tell a sconi that!).

cashman

Banned
Fuck you Jerrah

http://nypost.com/2013/10/31/why-tom-landry-died-a-giants-fan/
Tom Landry died a … Giants fan!
Yes, according to the widow of the legendary Cowboys coach who says in a new book that Landry was so disgusted by Jerry Jones’ treatment of him during and after his 1989 firing that he spent the rest of his life rooting for Big Blue instead of America’s Team.
According to “The Last Cowboy: A Life of Tom Landry,” by Long Island author Mark Ribowsky, Alicia Landry also claims that Jones took away the Landry family’s suite at since-demolished Texas Stadium and barred Landry’s son, Tom Jr., without explanation from continuing to buy Cowboys season tickets.
Jones’ behavior prompted Tom Landry to renew his love of the Giants — where he had served as defensive coordinator from 1954 until taking over the expansion Cowboys in 1960 — until his death in 2000.
Landry’s widow said she still cheers on the Cowboys’ NFC East rivals to this day.
“The Giants are still like family,” Alicia Landry said in a December 2011 interview, according to the book. “I still have dinner with Ann Mara [Wellington Mara’s widow] when she comes in. …The Giants never stopped being our family.”

Jones famously fired Landry after 29 seasons as coach on a golf course in Austin, Texas, shortly after purchasing the Cowboys from the late Bum Bright in February 1989.
The Cowboys had gone 3-13 in the final year of Landry’s Hall of Fame career and missed the playoffs three consecutive seasons, but Landry’s widow says the coach never got over how poorly his dismissal was handled.
Landry went to Texas Stadium just three times after being axed, but only to attend tributes to himself or former players and not as a Cowboys fan.
“He really didn’t have any dog in the hunt,” Alicia Landry said, according to the book. “A football game is good if you care who wins. He didn’t. It wasn’t his job anymore.
“That’s why I watch Giants games. I want ‘em to win so I get involved in watching their games, as did [Tom Landry]. We loved the Maras the way we loved the [family of original Cowboys owner Clint Murchison]. After [the firing by Jones], well … it wasn’t the same.”
Alicia Landry claims that, shortly after the coach was dismissed, Jones confiscated the luxury suite the Landry family had been given free by Murchison when Texas Stadium was constructed in 1971.

Shortly afterward, the book says, Landry’s eldest son was informed he would no longer be able to buy the six season tickets at the 50-yard line that he had purchased every year the stadium was open.
“It was a very nice box too, right next to the press box,” she said, according to the book. “I guess they really needed it. Whatever the reason, we didn’t have the seats.”
The Cowboys released a statement:
“Our ownership’s relationship with the Landry family has developed and grown through the years with many shared experiences celebrating the life and career of Tom Landry and his teams. There is a tremendous level of respect and admiration that the Jones family, and everyone in the organization, has for Coach Landry, his family and his legacy.”

Tom Landry’s statue is outside the new Cowboys Stadium.
Landry’s widow said her relationship with Jones is still so icy that she has never been to lavish AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas, for a football game since Jones opened it in 2009.
“I don’t know him at all,” she reportedly said of Jones. “I really don’t. I know what he looks like. I’ve seen him a few times and we say hello to each other in a friendly way. But I don’t know him.”
There is a statue of Tom Landry outside the Cowboys’ new stadium, and several roads in the Dallas-Fort Worth area have been named after the most beloved sports figure in the region’s history.
But Alicia Landry said her late husband would not have wanted the new stadium named after him simply because of Jones.
“The bond wasn’t there anymore,” she said. “I certainly don’t care about it. … It’s not the same Dallas Cowboys. I didn’t really want the new stadium to be named after Tommy anyway.
“They call it ‘Jerry’s World,’ which is more about what it is than anything Tom Landry was.”

Finally got a chance to hit up a local Gamestop.

iknKEvHBAXFhA.jpg

Honestly stunned by the size of the new Playstation camera which they also had in stock.

Stunned because it's so small? Big?

Its TINY. I mean ridiculously so compared to what I expected in shots next to the PS4.

Controller feels /great/. The triggers are such a massive improvement over the Dual Shock 3. No contest.

Still not 100% a fan of the stick placement remaining the same but the sticks themselves feel far better and your finger won't be slipping off of them any time soon.

Dpad feels good if you're a fighting game fan. The points are a bit more raised than the previous DS controllers but I was practicing Street Fighter moves on it during lunch at work just to get a feel and it should work.

I'll get it working on the PC tonight and load up some Street Fighter 4 on Steam and put it through its paces.

Fox318

Am I right to think that this is gamers feelings right now?:

Xbone is a media center machine that can do almost everything and the PS4 is a gaming machine first.

Hell the PS4 doesn't play mp3's and at E3 Microsoft spent so much time advertising the Kinect and TV functionality.

I picked up Killzone from Gamestop yesterday.

I bought it on while they were doing the $10 back promotion. I got to play Fifa14, Knack, and Contrast at the Sony store. Knack seemed like it could be fun. The shadow mechanic in Contrast might be cool but it is hard to judge a puzzle game after 20 mins of playing, the graphics in Fifa were not impressive at all. I expected it to look much better after seeing how good NBA 2k14 looks. I wish they had more games because I really wanted to see Killzone on it.

Xbone is a media center machine that can do almost everything and the PS4 is a gaming machine first.

Hell the PS4 doesn't play mp3's and at E3 Microsoft spent so much time advertising the Kinect and TV functionality.

MS didnt talk about TV at all at E3, you are confusing the console reveal with E3. E3 was just games, no mention of features at all. MS has also invested over a billion dollars into exclusives for the XB1, they are opening tons of new studios and such. The idea that the XB1 is just a media player is totally overblown on gaf. The PS4 will also do lots of new things besides just play games, The game recording and uploading should be huge provided devs fully support it. They are really pushing remote play, every game will support it now as long as the controls can be mapped to vita. Both platform holders want their consoles to be more then gaming machines, MS just chose to mention that stuff first.

squicken

Its TINY. I mean ridiculously so compared to what I expected in shots next to the PS4.

Controller feels /great/. The triggers are such a massive improvement over the Dual Shock 3. No contest.

Still not 100% a fan of the stick placement remaining the same but the sticks themselves feel far better and your finger won't be slipping off of them any time soon.

Dpad feels good if you're a fighting game fan. The points are a bit more raised than the previous DS controllers but I was practicing Street Fighter moves on it during lunch at work just to get a feel and it should work.

I'll get it working on the PC tonight and load up some Street Fighter 4 on Steam and put it through its paces.

Just curious, but what are you going to do with the PS4? Just Sony exclusives? I am looking at my preorder and I can't figure out what games I want to play on the thing that won't look and run better on the PC

JABEE

When will they show off the Next Gen version of Madden? I want it to be my third game, but I don't know that I trust its quality.

Just curious, but what are you going to do with the PS4? Just Sony exclusives? I am looking at my preorder and I can't figure out what games I want to play on the thing that won't look and run better on the PC

Have you tried Killzone 2? KZ:SF looks amazing and sounds like it will be a return to what made KZ 2 great. If you like Super Stardust HD Resogun looks great and will be free for PS+ members. They are also really pushing free to play and indie games, if you like stuff like that.

Sony exclusives and some multiplats to play with friends as time goes on when I do hop online. PC is still my primary gaming platform (and will continue to be) but I have many friends that prefer console and will be on the PS4 playing Destiny as an example, etc. Honestly I don't have many friends that are part of the master race as it were. Most are primarily console gamers. For me personally? Sony first party games are generally quality experiences and too good to pass up.

PC/PS4/Wii U for me in the short term. Xbox One when they release a Kinect-less SKU or have a game that really jumps out as must have. Whichever comes first but I'm pretty damned adamant in wanting nothing to do with Kinect.

squicken

Cool think from Football Outsiders. Generally, short sacks are on the OL, while Long sacks are on the QB

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/under-pressure/2013/under-pressure-sack-breakdowns

Sony exclusives and some multiplats to play with friends as time goes on when I do hop online. PC is still my primary gaming platform (and will continue to be) but I have many friends that prefer console and will be on the PS4 playing Destiny as an example, etc. Honestly I don't have many friends that are part of the master race as it were. Most are primarily console gamers. For me personally? Sony first party games are generally quality experiences and too good to pass up.

PC/PS4/Wii U for me in the short term. Xbox One when they release a Kinect-less SKU or have a game that really jumps out as must have. Whichever comes first but I'm pretty damned adamant in wanting nothing to do with Kinect.

Yeah I am out on XB1. Good point about online for PS4. Was kind of hoping Valve would have had a more clear plan for the new stuff but I guess everyone is in a 2014 type pattern.

bionic77

Hardcore western gamers have kind of slowly moved back towards Sony. Started with the Kinect and the great first party output in the last few years where MS was relying more on multiplats.

I don't think casual gamers think that way. But more than anything else what is hurting MS is going to be the $100. If the Bone was $50 less than the 4 I would bet a lot of money the narrative would be a lot different. That's what really matters most to people. Gave the 360 a huge advantage over the 3. Amazing how dumb MS is to forget that with their next console.

HTPCCCCCC

Tom Penny

Hardcore western gamers have kind of slowly moved back towards Sony. Started with the Kinect and the great first party output in the last few years where MS was relying more on multiplats.

I don't think casual gamers think that way. But more than anything else what is hurting MS is going to be the $100. If the Bone was $50 less than the 4 I would bet a lot of money the narrative would be a lot different. That's what really matters most to people. Gave the 360 a huge advantage over the 3. Amazing how dumb MS is to forget that with their next console.

MS still has Kinect, Cloud and Ryse though. That should offset $100.

jmdajr

Everything I have seen about KI looks pretty damn neat.

Huge fan of the original game. Outside of Street Figthter, probably put more coins in that thing than any other Arcade game.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Browns tried to sign QB Scott Tolzien off the Packers practice squad.

Packers nixed that by giving Tolzien a huge raise to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom