• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 9 |OT| - Doin' It 2003 Style

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingGondo

Banned
? He got a DUI on a late night drive home, right? Wikipedia says DUIs in 2010 and 2012
The one in 2010 was weak--he was riding home after a Dallas Cowboys game with some other players and got pulled over--the cop said he detected an aroma of alcohol, which is apparently all that's required if the driver is underage. He was never tested and didn't show any signs of being impaired.

Certainly possible that he had deeper issues at the time that should have been addressed.

cdyhybrid

Fucking hell, Blackmon.

Shorts future it is. I always liked him better!

jJvvm9I.png

out of the way college towns >>>> colleges in big cities

I'm obviously biased but I'd disagree.

Milchjon

WanderingWind, welcome to this fine country. Remember, it's YOUR fault if you don't like it here. Go out and mingle!

Cajun, I didn't know you knew the words "blubbering vagina".

Oh wow. The "we don't get any respect" thing again.

Go out and talk to a woman, please.

Which won't mean anything if you end up collapsing later this year or next, why not wait until you actually prove something other than beating some shitty teams because there isn't a single team you've beat that you could say is one of the better teams in the NFL. And that includes the cowboys who are the only team with a 'winning' record (.500 no less) that you've beaten. Talk about not getting respect next year after you won some playoff games and start next year 5-0 against good teams or something. Right now to expect anything but cautious optimism is dumb.

Once again, I don't think any Chiefs fan is all that concerned with respect, at least not on these boards. Most of us are very confident and know who our team is.

We have the top defense in the league, and we're #10 in scoring. Our schedule has been quite easy, and we've faced several teams decimated by injuries.

The Broncos have played essentially the same schedule we have, but are credited as being either #1 or #2 in the league depending on who you ask. Nobody is questioning the teams they've played. Funny, that.

The Chiefs season is already a huge success. I would have predicted we'd be 4-4 right now, at best (you know, the record your Dolphins have). Instead, we're finding a way to win. It's hard to rain on our collective parade, even if we do inevitably drop 3-4 games this season. We're still playoff bound and might even lock up home field advantage.

Fox318

how have the chiefs stayed so healthy this season? erybody banged up but those darned chefs it seems

Don't score a crazy amount of points and limit your opponents scoring chances.

Denver is gonna have injured receivers all year because the team depends on them trying to put up 30+ every week.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I'm sure it'll leak eventually.

I hate myself for linking a Tyga song but:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPFB0rM1Xxk

As for Justin Blackmon, thank the football Gods we didn't trade for him. Martin Mayhew is a sly guy and I'm sure he knew of this news before the Jags started asking for a 1st for Blackmon, considering the numbers he put up with Blaine Gabbert and Chad Henne.

Blackmon will be back in the league no doubt though. America is a forgiving country and make some right decisions for once and some team will take the chance considering the talent he has. Hell, I think Titus Young will be back in the league one day if he doesn't screw up one more time.

squicken

As for Justin Blackmon, thank the football Gods we didn't trade for him. Martin Mayhew is a sly guy and I'm sure he knew of this news before the Jags started asking for a 1st for Blackmon, considering the numbers he put up with Blaine Gabbert and Chad Henne.

Blackmon will be back in the league no doubt though. America is a forgiving country and make some right decisions for once and some team will take the chance considering the talent he has. Hell, I think Titus Young will be back in the league one day if he doesn't screw up one more time.

I think Titus is schizophrenic. Doubt he ever plays again

LJ11

They need him around next year for their young QB to have someone to throw to. Doubt he gets traded or cut unless he kills some hookers

I agree, they won't dump him just yet, unless he blows up and becomes a fat fucking mess that can't do a thing on the field.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Yeah, no.

Blackmon will definitely get a shot. Will cost a team basically nothing to sign him and he actually has talent.

Once again, I don't think any Chiefs fan is all that concerned with respect, at least not on these boards. Most of us are very confident and know who our team is.

We have the top defense in the league, and we're #10 in scoring. Our schedule has been quite easy, and we've faced several teams decimated by injuries.

The Broncos have played essentially the same schedule we have, but are credited as being either #1 or #2 in the league depending on who you ask. Nobody is questioning the teams they've played. Funny, that.

The Chiefs season is already a huge success. I would have predicted we'd be 4-4 right now, at best (you know, the record your Dolphins have). Instead, we're finding a way to win. It's hard to rain on our collective parade, even if we do inevitably drop 3-4 games this season. We're still playoff bound and might even lock up home field advantage.

I think the medias boner for the broncos has more to do with the fact that Manning is the QB than anything they have done as a team, they've blown out bad teams and lost to a very good colts team. So you're right they don't deserve all that credit but having a future HOF QB does tend to elevate a team above what they really are (See the pats).

how have the chiefs stayed so healthy this season? erybody banged up but those darned chefs it seems

The only guy with any amount of wear and tear is Charles, since he's had the most touches in the NFL this season. He's a pretty small dude and takes lots of shots, but he is staying pretty healthy.

Branded Albert is consistently getting banged up but he plays through almost anything. Eric Fisher has been hurt, but it's not like he's played up to the #1 pick billing and hasn't been a huge loss when he sits.

Oddly enough, the only position we're hurting in is at TE. Fasano has been out most of the year and the Human Beard McGrath is nursing a hurt knee. That's at least partially why Charles is getting so many dump off passes out of the backfield...we don't really have a TE.

Wish we would have traded a fifth or sixth rounder for Tony. :/

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I think Titus is schizophrenic. Doubt he ever plays again

I agree, but he's talented. If he can somehow get his issues situated some team will give him a chance. I honestly feel bad for the dude, so I hope some team does eventually.

Jolly Rogers got another chance, so did Donte Stallworth after killing someone so I think Titus may get another chance someday.

Yeah, no.

Blackmon will definitely get a shot. Will cost a team basically nothing to sign him and he actually has talent.

Titus Young was/is extremely talented. Watch some film on the guy from college and the pros. He has that "talent you can't teach" skillset.

When Alex Smith moved from the Niners to the Chiefs he took the Wand of Good Health with him. It gives +9 buff against injury. Now the Chiefs have it and the Niners are fucked.

exarkun

Big city: University of Texas armpit of universe

College town: Gainesville, Athens, Stillwater are the three I have been to that were really fun scenes

I've only been to two of the three, but they didn't have women I would touch with a 10 foot pole. They were either too dumb, or dressed in jorts. Stillwater? wtf. I guess Athens would have the belles, but they are specially created circumstance (white people are scared of atlanta).

Austin is tiny as a "big city." Its basically UT and the all the businesses that they attracted to the area. Its also 1 million times better for finding a lady friend, a good bar, or generally a good time than the other three.

I think the medias boner for the broncos has more to do with the fact that Manning is the QB than anything they have done as a team, they've blown out bad teams and lost to a very good colts team. So you're right they don't deserve all that credit but having a future HOF QB does tend to elevate a team above what they really are (See the pats).

I have Peyton and Knowshon on my fantasy squad, so I've enjoyed their offensive success. I just think their defense is absolutely abysmal. The two good teams the Broncos have played put up 48 and 39 on them. We're talking about a team that gave up 19 to the Jags.

Their D is getting scored on a lot by bad teams. They'll have to improve significantly before I see them doing much in the playoffs. They may sweep us this season, but their still looking like a one-and-done to me.

cdyhybrid

I have Peyton and Knowshon on my fantasy squad, so I've enjoyed their offensive success. I just think their defense is absolutely abysmal. The two good teams the Broncos have played put up 48 and 39 on them. We're talking about a team that gave up 19 to the Jags.

Their D is getting scored on a lot by bad teams. They'll have to improve significantly before I see them doing much in the playoffs. They may sweep us this season, but their still looking like a one-and-done to me.

Whoa whoa whoa, let's not go overboard here.

The Cowboys are not a good team.

Austin is tiny as a "big city." Its basically UT and the all the businesses that they attracted to the area. Its also 1 million times better for finding a lady friend, a good bar, or generally a good time than the other three.

Having spent many a weekend on Sixth Street in Austin, I couldn't agree more. So much nicer than the other places listed. The best live music festival in the country, lots of fun outdoor stuff to do, great restaurants, etc. The only downside to Austin is that it gets balls hot from late May through late September. You either can handle the heat or you can't.

Oh yeah I have Welker and D. Thomas on my team, they are the only reason I've won some of my games, but yeah I agree, unless the D plays like they did when Tebow was there they are easily one and done.

The meltdown if Chiefs beat the Broncos. :O

I'm hoping for a home-and-home split. I live in Colorado right now and if we win in Denver the whole state will slide into a state of depression. You can cut the tension about the Broncos here with a knife. If the Broncos don't win the Superbowl this season is pretty much a wash. How much longer does noodle arm have?

I sound like a broken record here, but the Chiefs are probably the first 8-0 team in history not feeling a bunch of pressure from the fan base to win. We're all super stoked about the turn-around from last year and not having Quinn or Cassel under center. Everyone is secretly dreaming for an undefeated season, but we're basically two or three wins away from making the playoffs and that's a huge success.

Whoa whoa whoa, let's not go overboard here.

The Cowboys are not a good team.

That was the only "quality" Chiefs win. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom