• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Wild Card |OT| The Return of Jafar

brentech

Aren't beats the Monster cables of headphones?

Bottom line. You're probably paying more for the Beats name, especially for models without active noise cancellation. In almost almost every category there are lower-priced models that offer the same, and sometimes better, sound quality. So if sound quality is your only consideration, choose one of those models rather than a Beats set.

They're not shit tier, but yea, like monster-cables.

I only spent $100 on the Solo's. And a pair of Pros would run me a pretty penny, but I'm gonna buy from eBay to avoid that.

That said, I'm open to trying different brands for my studio cans, so I'll bookmark the link. Thanks...

Actually, the Pros seem to be reviewing really well. The focus is still on the low end and high end of the sound spectrum, but the mid ranges of the Pros stand out very well, compared to all the other Beats headphones, and other headphones in general. Every review I've read of them has been very positive.

Go try them out in a store and see if they're good. I've only heard the Studios before and wasn't too impressed, but I can see the Pros being a lot better.

On the other hand, Monster's track record suggests that if you drop 400 bucks on a pair of their headphones, 100 of those is going to the "b" on the side of the cans.

Fantomex

They're not shit tier, but yea, like monster-cables.

If it helps at all, BEATS Are made at the same factory that makes SOL, Skullcandies, Souls, Philips, Marvel, DC, and kids licensed headphones. I'm not saying this to put anyone off exactly but to let you know the materials they use are pretty much the same even on the 29.99 headphones.

brentech

Time to hope for some good football while I work on making a functioning prison in Prison Architect.
Finally got a better understanding of it yesterday during the late game. I think I can do this now!

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I feel dirty rooting for the Bengals. I used to be such a fan about 4 years ago but just couldn't take the constant disappointment and incompetency of Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis. Haven't watched a single game from start to finish in more than 4 years.

Fuck it though, I'm sure there is a little bit of room for me on the bandwagon.

jWILL253

Banned
Btw, your complaints about the Mids being muddy's not gonna change with the other Beats headphones. They're notoriously bad.

EDIT: And you should probably get an amplifier for any headphone above 200 bucks. You're not gonna get any benefit without it.

I'm skeptical about any other Beats headphones except for the Pros for that reason. In fact, I actually listened to a Dre tracks with these cans, and it's funny: Dr. Dre-produced tracks barely contain any mid-range sounds at all (well, at least post-2001 Dr. Dre songs).

That said, the Pros alone seem to be highly recommended by most audiophile and DJ sites...

EDIT: Also, Beats isn't owned by Monster anymore. They're a standalone company, now...

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Time to hope for some good football while I work on making a functioning prison in Prison Architect.
Finally got a better understanding of it yesterday during the late game. I think I can do this now!

You're still likely to end up with a prison riot as you're still learning. ;)

I should do a NFL-GAF game of that sometime, replacing prisoner names with the names of regulars here.

Would Pats fans be maximum security by default?

Godslay

Banned
I'm skeptical about any other Beats headphones except for the Pros for that reason. In fact, I actually listened to a Dre tracks with these cans, and it's funny: Dr. Dre-produced tracks barely contain any mid-range sounds at all (well, at least post-2001 Dr. Dre songs).

That said, the Pros alone seem to be highly recommended by most audiophile and DJ sites...

Not to be a dick, but there is a thread for this.

eznark

Banned

how awesome is that tutorial?! SO AWESOME

Top Bottom