• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Wild Card |OT| The Return of Jafar

Chiefs Broncos game was a harbinger for the Chiefs' playoff loss. Broncs outlasted the Chiefs - played their game for 4 solid quarters. Levees broke on Chiefs D and the points started flowing. Chiefs never won another meaningful game.

RBH

foxsports.png

Fox Sports will live-stream Super Bowl XLVIII on Feb. 2 — the third year in a row the NFL’s championship game will be webcast for free to U.S. Internet users.

However, Fox’s NFC postseason games on the Internet will be restricted only to subscribers of a handful of pay-TV partners, with the three largest being Comcast, AT&T U-verse and Cablevision Systems, according to sources familiar with the broadcaster’s plans. (Fox declined to comment.)

Fox’s Super Bowl coverage is slated to begin at 6:30 p.m. Eastern on Sunday, Feb. 2, live from MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J.

The stream of the Super Bowl will be available at foxsportsgo.com and on the FoxSportsGo mobile app for iOS devices.

The Super Bowl webcast will include the halftime show featuring Bruno Mars.

Fox is making the NFC playoff games available only in a “TV Everywhere” model as part of its broader strategy to ensure it can continue to collect retrans fees from cable and satellite distributors — who have bridled at broadcasters making their content freely available online.

In a similar vein, Fox since late 2011 has provided next-day access to new episodes of primetime TV shows only to customers of pay-TV provider partners (and members of Hulu Plus), delaying access to everyone else for a week. ABC is adopting a similar policy for shows on ABC.com next week.

Fox’s NFC playoff schedule kicks off with the San Francisco 49ers vs. the Green Bay Packers wild card game on Sunday, Jan. 5, followed by the two divisional games the next weekend and the NFC Championship Game on Jan. 19.

CBS, by contrast, will stream its coverage of this year’s AFC playoffs on CBSSports.com for free for the first time.

AFC matchups on CBS are: the wild card playoff game between the San Diego Chargers and Cincinnati Bengals on Sunday, Jan. 5; the AFC Divisional Playoff Games on Saturday, Jan. 11, and Sunday, Jan. 12; and the AFC Championship Game on Sunday, Jan. 19.

In 2012, NBC was the first broadcaster to stream the Super Bowl on the Internet as well as both of its wild card games and the Pro Bowl, all for free. CBS followed suit with last year’s Super Bowl.

This year, NBC plans to offer free live streaming of its two wild card games this Saturday, Jan. 4 — Kansas City Chiefs at Indianapolis Colts followed by New Orleans Saints at Philadelphia Eagles — as well as the NFL Pro Bowl on Sunday, Jan. 24, from Aloha Stadium in Honolulu.
http://variety.com/2014/digital/new...will-be-locked-behind-pay-tv-wall-1201022093/

Fox Sports has announced that it will stream all its NFC playoff games and the Super Bowl online, though only the Super Bowl will be available to iOS users through the Fox Sports Go app. Fox's playoff games do not appear to be available for streaming via the iOS app.

The Super Bowl -- along with CBS' AFC playoff coverage -- will be viewable by all viewers without requiring any authentication. Fox's NFC playoff games will require authentication through one of several cable companies.

The network will carry the 49ers v. Packers wild card game on Sunday at 4:40PM EST, plus the NFC divisional games at Seattle and Carolina on January 11 and 12, plus the NFC Championship game on January 19.

The NFC playoff games will require authentication through certain cable services including Comcast, AT&T U-Verse, Cablevision and several others. The NFL is hugely popular in the United States, with NFL-related content accounting for 9 of the top 10 most-watched TV programs of 2013.

The Super Bowl will kick off on Sunday February 2 at 6:30PM EST from MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey.

Fox Sports Go is a free download through the App Store.
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1692138

Spinluck

Still lost Flowers and Houston though which I'm sure mattered.

against an already depleted Colts team, i don't think we can credit injuries all that much.

not to mention we played two broken corners, thank god mathis has been fine throughout the season.

Bread

Banned
Just letting you choose your next opponent. I think this alliance will work, its in the B's:

Bill Belichick
Tom Brady
Bob Kraft
Bill O'Brien
Bob McNair
Blake Bortles
Bread
Freaky....
I want to face the Bungles but I also want my Chargers to win, I can't choose. WWBOBD?

Which means he gets control of the offense. Congrats, Saints-Panthers-Falcons fans

After the offense being his downfall in Chicago, I had hoped Lovie learned his lesson. Apparently not. His idea of great offense was the high school quality playbook put together by Mike fucking Tice. Good luck, Bucs fan. You're going to need it.

Narag

against an already depleted Colts team, i don't think we can credit injuries all that much.

not to mention we played two broken corners, thank god mathis has been fine throughout the season.

Kind of on the fence about that sentiment since so many Colts players were IR'd early in the year and the replacements got a ton of playing time. Sucks to lose that many starters during the game and slotting in guys that probably didn't get nearly enough practice time when there's so little practice time as is.

MRSA

Banned
Poor peoples food can be delicious.

One my way home from work I picked up some chicken congee. Rice porridge topped with chicken, fried garlic, green onion, a helping of bean sprouts, lime and hot sauce to taste.

Chicken+Congee.JPG

Now I will sleep through the stupid Bungles/Dolts game.

jakncoke

Banned
man everything on me hurts and i dont remember the night. i blame my cousin. every time we go bar hopping, i end up a wreck

Prior to his interview with Lions brass, Caldwell charted every one of Stafford's 2013 passes. He then diagnosed what went wrong and told the staff where he could help the quarterback improve, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport said Saturday on NFL Network's "NFL GameDay Morning."

Caldwell also watched film with Stafford and offered corrections on throws, Rapoport said.

RRnhhqW.gif

Spinluck

Kind of on the fence about that sentiment since so many Colts players were IR'd early in the year and the replacements got a ton of playing time. Sucks to lose that many starters during the game and slotting in guys that probably didn't get nearly enough practice time when there's so little practice time as is.

you're right, many of our key guys made it through the game.

but we probably wouldn't be talking about this if we lost, and some chiefs fans would be laughing their ass off about how we could beat them in a meaningless reg season game with all their starters. but whither to them in the playoffs after they lose everyone.

or maybe reid shouldn't rest starters and let division rivals into the playoffs, who knows?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I wish I could say that Munchak was chasing job security but they stuck by Jeff Fisher for ages. Either way, PSU is probably a safer gig long term.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Brandon Marshall definitely has a job at ESPN once he retires.

And he'll get a lot of practice at this too before that point because they'll miss the playoffs every year.

Godslay

Banned
Chiefs Broncos game was a harbinger for the Chiefs' playoff loss. Broncs outlasted the Chiefs - played their game for 4 solid quarters. Levees broke on Chiefs D and the points started flowing. Chiefs never won another meaningful game.

Certainly makes a difference when you are facing the likes of Rivers, Luck, and Manning versus Tuel, Gabbart, Pryor, Schoob, and guys that aren't playing well.

Their first 9 games were Tebowesque in the fact that they played teams with either backups or hobbled QBs and squeaked out wins. After the Denver game though the D was never the same, maybe injury slowed it down, but even healthy I don't think anything changes. The greatest fools gold is always getting fat off of beating back ups, I learned that first hand and it's a tough one. Good season for the Chiefs overall.

RBH

ShdlIsO.jpg

"We've had Popeyes since '09, but just not this year," said running back Pierre Thomas. "Oh, we had it so much in '09. Popeyes has been good to us. I think we'll have Popeyes on the plane this time."

Payton is definitely changing up at least one thing.

"He said we're adding in a new Gatorade flavor for the week," said defensive end Cam Jordan.

"All we have to do is go to work and keep playing well," Meachem said.

"And bring the chicken," added wide receiver Lance Moore. "Don't forget the chicken."
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=746173

Top Bottom