• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Wild Card |OT| The Return of Jafar

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Right foot stepped out of bounds before the ball was out. Doesn't that mean the play is dead?

Not sure I'm understanding the rule here.

Draconian

How is this even reviewable? They spiked the ball afterwards. The consistency of the officiating in this league is so terribad it's mind blowing.

jWILL253

Banned
Phil Simms, what the fuck are you talking about? And how are you not even mentioning the fact that the play has already been ran?

coy

They should've let the replay run and show that they already spiked it. Bengals were all celebrating as they got it off in time.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
How is this even reviewable? They spiked the ball afterwards. The consistency of the officiating in this league is so terribad it's mind blowing.

Agreed. Ridiculous that they can even review this. The ball was already spiked.

You've got to be kidding me. CJ got screwed.

brentech

so he can be ruled 'lost forward motion', but then the fall down still counts? shit is so messed up.

now they messed up the FG attempt for them as well

nvm. that's what the ruling ended up being

Bread

Banned
i guess that's good it wasn't reversed, still hate that it would have been incomplete had he not gone backwards though.

Draconian

Btw, WHY IS TRIPLETTE CALLING PLAYOFF GAMES? He's been tremendous garbage all year with no freaking recourse whatsoever. How many calls does this guy have to blow to not get rewarded with playoff games? This league is so stupid sometimes.

Spinluck

Haha that's why I was asking.

I dunno what I'll do if we have to play against Peyton again :(

i think im gonna puss out and watch the game drunk.

that way i probably won't feel anything.

thank goodness that was a catch. you guys remember when the league had the pushout rule? fucking joke lol.

That Calvin Johnson ruling ruined football

It makes no sense. This catch today was even more clear cut. Both feet down in bounds, and the ball only comes out after he's out of bounds. So fucking stupid that this even needs to be reviewed.

Refs should spend more time reviewing questionable pass interference than obvious catches like that.

JCizzle

Pretty pathetic that absolutely nobody has any idea what constitutes a catch anymore. The NFL overcomplicates what should be the most basic of plays.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Glad the Bengals made the FG though, San Diego needed to be punished for that awful play calling during their last possession.

Top Bottom