• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Wild Card |OT| The Return of Jafar

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Being hyper conservative sure was a good idea McCoy.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
0193c494a78dd90bf914f37f62eceda2_fullsize.jpg

brentech

He didn't maintain possession

But they also ruled that the clock would keep running because he lost forward progress. so that means the play was over then, not when he was out of bounds. that's why it was so messed up that they even went to a review....AFTER THEY EVEN RAN A PLAY!

Whole thing was a massive reffing fuck up.

1. they shouldn't have been able to review it
2. the clock should have not been at :02 "and running" if they reviewed it and said the spike play didn't exist. it should have been set back to :14 with the clock running

coy

So happy I decided to start drinking before the 49ers game. These officiating decisions and Simms doing what Simms do is highly entertaining.

Drakeon

Btw, WHY IS TRIPLETTE CALLING PLAYOFF GAMES? He's been tremendous garbage all year with no freaking recourse whatsoever. How many calls does this guy have to blow to not get rewarded with playoff games? This league is so stupid sometimes.
Just be glad it's not Niners/Packers he's calling. Fuck Triplette, he better not be calling any games next week.

Talamius

Btw, WHY IS TRIPLETTE CALLING PLAYOFF GAMES? He's been tremendous garbage all year with no freaking recourse whatsoever. How many calls does this guy have to blow to not get rewarded with playoff games? This league is so stupid sometimes.

Knowing my luck he'll be assigned the Panthers game.

Godslay

Banned
It makes no sense. This catch today was even more clear cut. Both feet down in bounds, and the ball only comes out after he's out of bounds. So fucking stupid that this even needs to be reviewed.

Refs should spend more time reviewing questionable pass interference than obvious catches like that.

If you go by the forward progress ruling on that play it makes sense in this situation, but not in Megatron's case. Looking at the replay, it makes sense.

I will say that it should be establish possession in bounds, and what happens out of bounds shouldn't matter.

If you go by the forward progress ruling on that play it makes sense in this situation, but not in Megatron's case. Looking at the replay, it makes sense.

I will say that it should be establish possession in bounds, and what happens out of bounds shouldn't matter.

So if Calvin Johnson was falling backwards he would've gotten the TD? Dumb as rocks rule.

brentech

If coming from booth, I believe the ref has to blow the whistle before the play is ran. I didn't hear one.

If coming from sideline, the flag has to be thrown before play is ran. Then ref can stop a play if it did get started.

Draconian

1. they shouldn't have been able to review it
2. the clock should have not been at :02 "and running" if they reviewed it and said the spike play didn't exist. it should have been set back to :14 with the clock running

This is what happens when you assign a crew that has proven itself to be incompetent over and over again with no recourse. Apparently there is no recourse in this league for blowing calls, which Triplette's crew has done all season. Instead, they get rewarded with a playoff game, which I'm sure will give them the incentive they need to improve.

Godslay

Banned
So if Calvin Johnson was falling backwards he would've gotten the TD? Dumb as rocks rule.

Wasn't he in the endzone? There is no stopping forward progress there. Slightly different circumstances.

Even with that said, it should be establish possession inbound, who cares what happens when they go out.

linkboy

Don't they call timeouts and challenges after plays are run all the time?

No, you can't go back and challenge a play after the previous one is ran.

However, if the replay official buzzes down to the head ref (Triplett in this case) and the ball is snapped before the play can be stopped, the play is still reviewed.

The problem with the NFL rules is that they've over complicated things to the point of confusion.

Top Bottom