• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Wild Card |OT| The Return of Jafar

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
831202492.gif

squicken

Jim Ross on OU-Bama

“Let’s pretend, because the Sugar Bowl is going to be in the site of Wrestlemania, I would equate Alabama to being the Undertaker. If anybody follows the sports entertainment genre, WWE, they know that the Undertaker has never lost at Wrestlemania.

“So I would say that Oklahoma would be maybe a Shawn Michaels, because I never saw any athlete other than Shawn that had more confidence in their ability to steal the show than Shawn Michaels. Of course, Undertaker and Shawn Michaels had two epic matches at Wrestlemania that the Undertaker won, by the way, both of them. But, boy, they were great performances, they were exciting from beginning to end, and they took us on a great ride. Hopefully we’ll get something comparable to that on Thursday.”

MRSA

Banned
I went two hours without pooping, success?

In other news, Raiders have the toughest schedule next season. Fuck yeah.

effzee

Would suck to see him leave.

I want him to start somewhere but would love for him to remain Foles's back up.

I could see the Jets making a run at him to both push and back up Geno.

He just can't stay healthy. He was off to a good start this season and had lowered his turnover #s down quite a bit. But his style of play will lead to turnovers when he runs for those extra yards and doesn't slide. Its also what leads to the injuries.

But even in this past game there were opportunities where Foles could have either taken off or tried to but was stopped almost immediately. Vick would have taken off for at least a first down.

Like I said before, if Foles gets hurt I would have no doubt that Vick could take over and run the offense efficiently.

Anyway was thinking about the game against the Cowboys some more...

Also one of my biggest problems in this last game was that when we got to the redzone in the 3rd quarter, we had some super bizarre calls. First of all 2 out the 3 plays should always involve McCoy. Whether straight up hand offs or screen passes.

Chip instead ran a wildcard play with Brad Smith. Ok but if you want to run some wildcard nonsense, why not use Vick? Line him up wide as WR and I bet Dallas panics and ends up using a timeout. And I much rather have Vick throw that option pass than Brad Smith.

Hope we clean up some of that nonsense before we play the Saints. If they want to add an unexpected play or two, use Vick. But ideally just design plays to get the ball in McCoy or Jackson's hands.

DJAX was completely ignored by Foles.

squicken

Going in to the year, Stafford was 1-23 against teams that finished the year over .500. The win over Matt Flynn on Thanksgiving moves his career record to 2-27

Bowser

Get ready to see Cam in the Super Bowl homies. Since 2008, the last team to hand the Falcons their final loss of the season has gone on to at least appear in the Super Bowl:

2008: Arizona Cardinals - Wildcard Round - Lost SB XLIII to PIT
2009: New Orleans Saints - Week 14 - Won SB XLIV vs IND
2010: Green Bay Packers - Divisional Round - Won SB XLV vs PIT
2011: New York Giants - Wildcard Round - Won SB XLVI vs NE
2012: San Francisco 49ers - NFC Championship game - Lost SB XLVII to BAL
2013: Carolina Panthers - Week 17 - ???

Andrew Brandt ‏@adbrandt 5m
Jadeveon Clowney will enter 2014 NFL draft, successfully completing his mission of avoiding injury this season. #ShowMeTheMoney

Get ready to see Cam in the Super Bowl homies. Since 2008, the last team to hand the Falcons their final loss of the season has gone on to at least appear in the Super Bowl:

hmmm-alright.gif

P.S. I'm not an ice soccer fan, but these shots from the Winter Classic are smexy

BigAT

There is no god.

Dave Goren ‏@NSSA_DaveGoren
Congrats to @SI_PeterKing, elected 2013 #NSSA National Sportswriter of the Year (3rd time)!

RBH

:|

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Going in to the year, Stafford was 1-23 against teams that finished the year over .500. The win over Matt Flynn on Thanksgiving moves his career record to 2-27

"Matt Stafford had an incredibly successful season in 2013, doubling his win total over teams with a record over .500!"

--Kastrioti's Sports History Almanac

I kid, I kid, Kastrioti!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Why in the world are the Browns hiring Schwartz as their defensive coordinator BEFORE they even have a head coach?

Or has the deal with McDaniels already been done and they just have to interview a minority?

Wes

venison crêpe
Why in the world are the Browns hiring Schwartz as their defensive coordinator BEFORE they even have a head coach?

Or has the deal with McDaniels already been done and they just have to interview a minority?

Because apparently the front office don't give a fuck.

Godslay

Banned

There was something similar floating around for Denver, something like the last 7 SB winners have played the NFC East and the Patriots during the regular season. Don't know how much truth there is to it though.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

squiken threw the bait and i took it. That stat is incredibly skewed because his first two injury prone with a garbage team that still had that 0-16 stain on it.

Plus our schedules for whatever reason had us playing a lot of teams that finished 8-8, 7-9.

It doesn't look good of course, but when you delve deeper and look into the history it starts to make sense why the record is the way it is.

We beat the Bears twice this year and they were 8-8. Same with with Cowboys; 8-8.

squiken threw the bait and i took it. That stat is incredibly skewed because his first two injury prone with a garbage team that still had that 0-16 stain on it.

Plus our schedules for whatever reason had us playing a lot of teams that finished 8-8, 7-9.

It doesn't look good of course, but when you delve deeper and look into the history it starts to make sense why the record is the way it is.

We beat the Bears twice this year and they were 8-8. Same with with Cowboys; 8-8.

2 fucking wins against winning teams. no matter how you dice that it looks pathetic and you know that. you can blame it on a bad team or bad luck or whatever. bottom line is stafford hasn't gotten the job done and has been a major part of those losses

Chargers Panther Super Bowl confirmed.

brentech

2 fucking wins against winning teams. no matter how you dice that it looks pathetic and you know that. you can blame it on a bad team or bad luck or whatever. bottom line is stafford hasn't gotten the job done and has been a major part of those losses

Yerp.
Same reason Packers fans are just kind hoping for a miracle more than anything for the playoffs. Didn't win a single game against a team that made the playoffs or had a winning record this season. Whether Rodgers was there or not, that's really telling of what this team is.

Not a pretty win last week, but gives them at least a spark going into the playoffs. Best you can hope for really.

Top Bottom