• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Wild Card |OT| The Return of Jafar

Godslay

Banned
I just saw a little notification on my Vita that I hit 3000 birdies in Hot Shots last night.

Bernie Mac would be proud.

A little tidbit I found today.

Since 1978 (start of 16 game schedule), minus shortened season:

16-0 = 1 team won 0 SBs = 0%
15-1 = 5 teams, 2 SBs = 40%
14-2 = 19 teams, 7 SBs = 36.8%
13-3 = 38 teams, 7 SBs = 18.4%
12-4 = 56 teams, 9 SBs = 16.1%
11-5 = 85 teams, 3 SBs = 3.5%
10-6 = 117 teams, 4 SBs = 3.4%
9-7 = 120 teams, 1 SB = 0.8%

12 - 15 win teams seem to be the sweet spot, although lately 9-7/10-6 teams have seemed to get the job done. Really puts into perspective the Ravens team and how rare it was for them to win the SB, given their record.

lol fucking sorry ass seahawks fans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEK5XaNKHLQ

http://fieldofteams.csnbayarea.com/...ind-how-49ers-fans-pranked-seahawks-12th-man/

Details behind how 49ers fans pranked Seahawks’ 12th Man
Casey Pratt Dec 30, 2013, 4:38 PM PST

Seahawks fans were stunned when they attempted to photobomb a pro-49ers billboard. As the 12th Man gathered to take a photo in front of a digital billboard that was paid for by a group of 49ers Faithful, the image switched to read, “Superbowl Fail, TD Fail, Photobomb Fail.”

How did the 49ers fans execute this elaborate prank? As Seattle fans organized their massive photobomb, the fans behind the 49ers billboard effort were watching and waiting.

[RELATED: 49ers fans plan to buy a billboard near CenturyLink Field]

“One big reason we used a digital board, you can change images at any time from a computer,” organizer Aasheesh Shravah explained in an email. ”We told the programmer to put in the new images at exactly 2:15 p.m., I think their event started at two. Before anyone got to take any ‘photobombing’ pics, we changed it up on them.”

It turns out the 12th Man had to travel about 27 miles from the stadium to make the attempt. The billboard is located on Interstate 5 in Milton, Washington.

“They messed with the wrong fans,” Shravah added.

This elaborate trolling between fan bases may all seems sort of petty and childish, but it has actually been good for both the San Francisco and Seattle communities.

The 49ers fan group raised over $11,000 on their GoFundMe page and only needed $7,000 for the billboard. They’re donating the remaining $4,000 to Seattle Children’s Hospital. When the 12th Man raised money to fly a banner over Candlestick Park, they donated the excess funds to Wounded Warrior Project.

Another Seahawks fan group has followed suit and raised over $14,000 for UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital and Seattle Children’s Hospital. Only this time, they are raising the money without a goofy catch. Both 49ers and Seahawks fans have been making steady donations to the account. Yup. You read that right. 49ers and Seahawks fans are actually working together for good.

The more attention the rivalry gets, the more money that is donated. Imagine how much money will be raised if these two fan bases go head-to-head in the postseason.

12 - 15 win teams seem to be the sweet spot, although lately 9-7/10-6 teams have seemed to get the job done. Really puts into perspective the Ravens team and how rare it was for them to win the SB, given their record.
Or the 9-7 2011 Giants. Seemed impossible going into the post season.:)

DAT 0% 16-0 win rate.:jnc

Its good if you're playing with a group of friends that know what they're doing. Its actually a team game unlike CoD. We should play sometime.

I'm down. I do notice that a lot of players are terrible. Support classes running around not deploying spawn points or drones, etc. Assault players playing like pussies. You're playing the assault class...go freaking assault!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Didn't you think he should have been fired from the Bears? Also, why do you want a coach who couldn't make the playoffs after starting 7-1?

Because, to me, Lovie did more with less in Chicago than Schwartz did in Detroit.

MRSA

Banned

I'm down. I do notice that a lot of players are terrible. Support classes running around nit deploying spawn points or drones, etc. Assault players playing like pussies. You're playing the assault class...go freaking assault!

I have work tonight and still need to be nearby a toliet, but I'm free for the next 5hrs or so. What I do like is that there's no cowardly aim-assist in KZ.

MechDX

What team went 16-0? Escapes me at the moment.

Epictroll.jpeg

I have work tonight and still need to be nearby a toliet, but I'm free for the next 5hrs or so. What I do like is that there's no cowardly aim-assist in KZ.

I just hopped off a little bit ago. I'll see if my daughter gives me a little breathing room in the next hour or so. Do I have you on my PSN list?

RBH

Michael Vick said Tuesday he expects to be starting at quarterback somewhere in the NFL next season but is willing to return to the Philadelphia Eagles to back up Nick Foles if "all else fails."

Vick, who will turn 34 next June, opened this season as the Eagles' starter but injured his hamstring against the New York Giants on Oct. 6 and eventually lost the spot to Foles.

Vick hasn't played a full season because of injuries since joining the Eagles in 2009, but he said he's not worried that will hurt his chances to find a starting job in 2014, saying he knows "at some point I'll be back out there."

"I don't worry about it," Vick said, according to CSNPhilly.com. "My skill set is still there, my arm is still there, my legs are still there, I'm still a playmaker, that's evident. I think at some point I'll be playing somewhere."
http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/201...hiladelphia-eagles-expects-start-qb-team-2014

Godslay

Banned

DAT 0% 16-0 win rate.:jnc

I'm down. I do notice that a lot of players are terrible. Support classes running around not deploying spawn points or drones, etc. Assault players playing like pussies. You're playing the assault class...go freaking assault!

Good catch, for some reason I had them switched in my mind. I thought the Ravens were 9-7 and Giants 10-6. Even so, it's rare on both accounts, but more common to win like that as of late.

What about 8-7-1 teams?

vZvod7H.gif

squicken

See but why would Malzahn take a job where his coordinators are chosen for him?

I love Malzahn by the way.

Edit: also, you guys posted an article about Lombardi being butt hurt that Hoyer was riding the pine....why would I take that job if any of it is true?

I imagine Haslam would give him infinity money. But I agree. Right now, CLE isn't a good spot if some of the gossip is true. I personally think there is something more that we don't know. The stuff about no accountability, and cutting Weeden or Little; Chud didn't have roster control. If Banner or Lombardi wanted a guy cut, they could have done it themselves

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I imagine Haslam would give him infinity money. But I agree. Right now, CLE isn't a good spot if some of the gossip is true. I personally think there is something more that we don't know. The stuff about no accountability, and cutting Weeden or Little; Chud didn't have roster control. If Banner or Lombardi wanted a guy cut, they could have done it themselves

But shouldn't the Stooges be throwing Chud under the bus to save face? Maybe they are just that stupid.

squicken

But shouldn't the Stooges be throwing Chud under the bus to save face? Maybe they are just that stupid.

Could be this is all a dog and pony show b/c they really wanted McDaniels all along. If they hire him, then all the media stuff was just smoke screens. If they spend forever looking for a coach and again end up with their 5th choice, then we will know they are morons

Exokell

Banned
so texans are getting bridgewater while having a loaded defense and great offensive weapons... who the fuck doesnt want to coach this team?

squicken

Jerry Angelo on Clowney are "character" at the various position. Very good read

http://sulia.com/channel/football/f/a26aecb4-ba45-4884-a3c3-5bd569af2740/?source=twitter

I heard Kirk Herbstreit make an interesting statement about Jadeveon Clowney. He said his character may be problem

for teams, given the way he handled his last year at South Carolina, in regards of when he was or wasn’t going to play.

Personally, I found it humorous. I think 31 teams in the NFL are hoping that the team in front of them is thinking that.

Something people don’t know: In the NFL, character at some positions is less or more important than it is at other positions.

In Clowney’s case, character is less important, because of what he does. Because what he does has rare value and coaches and personnel people alike, will compromise – and in some cases prostitute – character for his pass rush prowess.

If he were an offensive lineman or quarterback and some other positions, his character could affect his draft status. Because those positions require a higher degree of fiber. An example of this in an offensive lineman. It’s so important that they work well as a unit, so one bad apple can spoil the barrel, not the case on the defensive line. Players who play on ‘islands’ or in ‘space’ – i.e. pass rushers, corners, receivers, running backs, outside linebackers – more emphasis is put on what they do rather than who they are. There are a thousand examples of this throughout the league.

During my time in the league I’ve been around my share of great players with, shall we say, ‘quirks’. I would take those peculiarities every day of the week given their traits.

Don’t get me wrong. I am not judging someone’s soul. As a personnel man, my only concern was, ‘Is he good for business?’

Character is important, but it’s a case-by-case evaluation and much of that is based on his position. It's not that character isn’t important, it’s just not as important at certain positions.

That would be interesting. Although wouldn't he want a starting job somewhere?
He would but which team is that needy that they'd take a guy who is at the end of his career and who has struggled to stay healthy? Most teams would rather throw a younger guy out there to get the experience.

squicken

Gotta agree with that. Honestly, even the speeding tickets aren't a big deal when you have guys regularly coming back after DUIs and shit.

Yep. It's like the Giants and Lawrence Taylor. They probably payed him in cocaine and underage hookers in the playoffs just to make sure he didn't get arrested

njean777

He would but which team is that needy that they'd take a guy who is at the end of his career and who has struggled to stay healthy? Most teams would rather throw a younger guy out there to get the experience.

The guy is only 33, if he would train his throwing arm and stay in the pocket more I could see him doing something, but Idk if he would want to do that.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Could be this is all a dog and pony show b/c they really wanted McDaniels all along. If they hire him, then all the media stuff was just smoke screens. If they spend forever looking for a coach and again end up with their 5th choice, then we will know they are morons

Wait. Hiring McDaniels would make them not morons?

Top Bottom