• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Wild Card |OT| The Return of Jafar

What the hell, Packers GAF?

It kind of surprises us too tbh. I know of at least 20-30 people that bought tickets once those articles broke though. Waiting list for season tickets is 100,000+ but we can't sell out a playoff game? Odd.

Maybe if playoff tickets weren't so ridiculously expensive more people would show up.

As I said last night I've never been to a game but I was shocked our tickets were about $110 for decent seats. Is that really that bad? I've been to NHL regular season games that cost more than that...

Agreed. Woodley is likely gone but Pouncey is an interesting one. Velasco played pretty well before he was hurt.

Pouncey's not going anywhere. There's rumblings from the fanbase of him being kicked to left guard - I don't see it. Too smart a guy to not be the one calling protections and they want him next to Decastro.

Velasco was a great emergency center but he's no Pouncey. Line doesn't get caved in on run plays with Pouncey at Center. I expect a massive year from Bell if/when Pouncey comes back healthy.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Velasco is gone. Doesn't have any use but at center, unfortunately. He should be able to start for someone. If he can't find a starting job, the Steelers will bring him into camp and see if they can make him work at all of the inside positions. He couldn't before and that's why he was a fa.

MechDX

#Ravens offensive coordinator Jim Caldwell not only is slated to interview for #Lions, but also for the #Redskins, too.

Bwahahahahahaha

Pouncey's not going anywhere. There's rumblings from the fanbase of him being kicked to left guard - I don't see it. Too smart a guy to not be the one calling protections and they want him next to Decastro.

Velasco was a great emergency center but he's no Pouncey. Line doesn't get caved in on run plays with Pouncey at Center. I expect a massive year from Bell if/when Pouncey comes back healthy.
Can Velasco play guard? Although I think Foster and DeCastro both played pretty well this year. Our problem will remain LT. Adams is a mess and I have no idea what we should expect from Brown, provided he's ours next season.

I agree we need an impact defensive player in the 1st and preferably at ILB. We'll go WR at some point, assuming Sanders is gone.

Edit: just saw your post, Chuck re Velasco

Spinluck

I cannot believe Jim Caldwell might get another head coaching job.

He's a good OC and QB coach. But a good head coach he is not.

Why not?

Can Velasco play guard? Although I think Foster and DeCastro both played pretty well this year. Our problem will remain LT. Adams is a mess and I have no idea what we should expect from Brown, provided he's ours next season.

I agree we need an impact defensive player in the 1st and preferably at ILB. We'll go WR at some point, assuming Sanders is gone.

Edit: just saw your post, Chuck re Velasco

I still have faith that Adams will pan out. He's young, and he hasn't fallen into the corners of the depth chart like other draft picks.

squicken

He's not a OC. He rode the Flacco luck train on the SB run. Ravens fans have been bitching about him all this past season. Now he might be a good HC, I dunno. Hard to imagine him as good recruiter, though. Not sure why PSU would want him so bad

He's not a OC. He rode the Flacco luck train on the SB run. Ravens fans have been bitching about him all this past season. Now he might be a good HC, I dunno. Hard to imagine him as good recruiter, though. Not sure why PSU would want him so bad

Caldwell used Flacco masterfully. He's not Peyton Manning, and dump offs to Rice ain't winning shit. Chuck it deep and often - worst case scenario your elite defense comes back on the field.

LJ11

Can't remember where I read it, but if it is Malzahn, then Schwartz would be DC. They would want to surround him with ex-NFL coaches, and Schwartz is an old Lombardi buddy. Dunno if Schwartz would want to go to a 4-3, but you'd think he would

See but why would Malzahn take a job where his coordinators are chosen for him?

I love Malzahn by the way.

Edit: also, you guys posted an article about Lombardi being butt hurt that Hoyer was riding the pine....why would I take that job if any of it is true?

MechDX

Lacy runs for 200 and is mvp, packers win 35-21 vs the chiefs

I like my prediction better. More lulz

QPer @McClain_on_NFL, Bill O’Brien is on his way to Houston right now. His deal will be officially signed on Thursday.

McNair check cleared!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
831199179.gif

Great push off and catch. NFL talent.

Spinluck

He's easily out coached, horrible clock manager, and overly conservative. I can't remember how he was on challenges, but I do remember his fuck up against the Jets in 2011.

He hasn't proved he's a good NFL coach. Peyton and a passable Colts team brought him to his first Super Bowl. And two miracle plays brought him to his 2nd, and they probably wouldn't have got there if he was HC.

That said, I like the guy. And I guess if he goes to coach a decent team, he might be able to make something out of it. Lions have enough talent, to where he'll probably do better than that last hack.

Now that I think about it. Him going to the Lions might not be all that bad. I'm just surprised he might get another HC job so soon. Anyway, good for him I guess.

Spending some of New Years rewatching Packers-Bears. Didn't notice before that Rodgers did the belt after that last TD. Eh, I'll allow it, it was pretty belt-worthy.

Gigglepoo

Jason La Canfora:

Leslie Frazier will be Lovie's DC wherever he lands.

Come to Detroit, Lovie. Come to Detroit.

Didn't you think he should have been fired from the Bears? Also, why do you want a coach who couldn't make the playoffs after starting 7-1?

Top Bottom