• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Wild Card |OT| The Return of Jafar

Happy for Lovie, one of my favorite coaches.

Wanted him with the Lions more though. Would have been fantastic, and he gets to embarrass Chicago twice a year for revenge.

Wonder what they're going to do with Glennon.
From my limited knowledge of TB, they have a lot of talent at RB and a great receiving corp. Pretty good defense too.

And that great offensive talent be put to waste if Lovie is the head coach. The Bears were so conservative under Lovie it hurt. But his defense was usually great, so with all that talent TB's D should be better. I wouldn't be surprised if he brought Marinelli with him from Dallas.

No salt its just the truth. The front office, and Whisenhunt, are just waiting for the Chargers playoffs to end whenever they end.

The Lions are a far more attractive coaching job for a variety of reasons. Martin Mayhew and the front offense did not want Lovie for whatever reason. It will be Ken Whisenhunt, and the announcement will be made as soon as the Chargers are done with their Superbowl run,
:kas

MechDX

We haven't hired him.
Also Lombardi is a upstanding gentlemen.

6841.jpg

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
So, you've spoken to them recently?

No need for insider information. The Lions are the most attractive HC job for a variety of reasons. Most people agree with this. We're stacked with talent, have a franchise QB, went 7-9 and still have the #10 pick in the draft.

If the Lions and Mayhew wanted Lovie Smith we would've had him by now.

We're waiting for Whisenhunt and the Chargers to finish whatever they are going to do.

Book it, Ken Whisenhunt will be the Lions HC and the more I think about it the more I agree with that decision.

Happy for Lovie, one of my favorite coaches.

Wanted him with the Lions more though. Would have been fantastic, and he gets to embarrass Chicago twice a year for revenge.

Wonder what they're going to do with Glennon.
From my limited knowledge of TB, they have a lot of talent at RB and a great receiving corp. Pretty good defense too.
New regime, new QB

tmdorsey

Get ready to see Cam in the Super Bowl homies. Since 2008, the last team to hand the Falcons their final loss of the season has gone on to at least appear in the Super Bowl:

2008: Arizona Cardinals - Wildcard Round - Lost SB XLIII to PIT
2009: New Orleans Saints - Week 14 - Won SB XLIV vs IND
2010: Green Bay Packers - Divisional Round - Won SB XLV vs PIT
2011: New York Giants - Wildcard Round - Won SB XLVI vs NE
2012: San Francisco 49ers - NFC Championship game - Lost SB XLVII to BAL
2013: Carolina Panthers - Week 17 - ???

Naw it's more so who ever beats us in the playoffs goes on to the Super Bowl. Since we aren't in this year the NFC championship is fair game.

Patriots7

And that great offensive talent be put to waste if Lovie is the head coach. The Bears were so conservative under Lovie it hurt. But his defense was usually great, so with all that talent TB's D should be better. I wouldn't be surprised if he brought Marinelli with him from Dallas.
I always am on the opposite end of that argument. I feel he should be blamed for not finding a good offensive partner, but it was not for lack of trying.
He simply wasn't able to find someone to gel with Cutler, and even then, despite their offense never achieving their potential, if Cutler had remained healthy in Lovie's last two seasons, I believe they would have made the playoffs both seasons and he'd still be with the team.

Watching the Bears defense this year just made me ache.

No need for insider information. The Lions are the most attractive HC job for a variety of reasons. Most people agree with this. We're stacked with talent, have a franchise QB, went 7-9 and still have the #10 pick in the draft.

If the Lions and Mayhew wanted Lovie Smith we would've had him by now.

We're waiting for Whisenhunt and the Chargers to finish whatever they are going to do.

Book it, Ken Whisenhunt will be the Lions HC and the more I think about it the more I agree with that decision.
You might be right. Is Whiz a disciplinarian? He'll need to be.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Get ready to see Cam in the Super Bowl homies. Since 2008, the last team to hand the Falcons their final loss of the season has gone on to at least appear in the Super Bowl:

2008: Arizona Cardinals - Wildcard Round - Lost SB XLIII to PIT
2009: New Orleans Saints - Week 14 - Won SB XLIV vs IND
2010: Green Bay Packers - Divisional Round - Won SB XLV vs PIT
2011: New York Giants - Wildcard Round - Won SB XLVI vs NE
2012: San Francisco 49ers - NFC Championship game - Lost SB XLVII to BAL
2013: Carolina Panthers - Week 17 - ???
Idunno. Wasn't there also the one of whoever plays the Eagles in their home opener wins the Super Bowl? I believe the chargers played them for their home opener... They also fit the team-that-got-in-on-the-last-day 6th seed-that-doesnt-really-deserve-it trope.

Texans should do the right thing

Manziel1.gif
and let the browns draft him? Absolutely.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
You might be right. Is Whiz a disciplinarian? He'll need to be.

He comes from the Bill Cowher/Mike Tomlin school of coaching, plus he coached a Kurt Warner Cardinals team to a Superbowl.

And he runs a 4-3 defense which we need to continue. I would love Whisenhunt to be in Detroit with the experience he brings, and IMO discipline. But he would still be able to unleash the defensive line in a way that would get respect from refs. In other words we wouldn't get flagged for reputation because Whisenhunt comes from the Steelers school of hard hitting. A Steelers players lays the wood on someone: irs cleans. A Lions player does it do someone: its dirty. Whisenhunt would change that reputation with his presence alone.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
'Source' reports Freeman was lazy, didn't know the playbook, pushed into service by Frazier.

Don't know if I buy this. Wasn't there a report earlier that said the Freeman trade was pushed through by the GM and Frazier was reluctant to play him? Doesn't make sense that a guy who stuck with Ponder through thick and thin starts sucking Freeman's dick off one week of shit practices.

What is it with veteran quarterbacks going to Minnesota and getting super lazy? First McNabb and now Freeman!

He comes from the Bill Cowher/Mike Tomlin school of coaching, plus he coached a Kurt Warner Cardinals team to a Superbowl.

And he runs a 4-3 defense which we need to continue. I would love Whisenhunt to be in Detroit with the experience he brings, and IMO discipline. But he would still be able to unleash the defensive line in a way that would get respect from refs. In other words we wouldn't get flagged for reputation because Whisenhunt comes from the Steelers school of hard hitting. A Steelers players lays the wood on someone: irs cleans. A Lions player does it do someone: its dirty. Whisenhunt would change that reputation with his presence alone.

I don't think I buy your theory about the Steelers. I remember them getting flagged for a bunch of junk. Wasn't James Harrison always being jumped on by the league just like Suh?

The guy who's going to benefit from the Whiz is Stafford. He'll lock him down and force him to fix his mechanics (like he did with Ben when he was a rookie, and Rivers this season).

He's not a defense guy at all, as the Cardinals squads can attest to, but the change in discipline alone will improve the Lions D tenfold.

DMczaf

People thinking it was Schiano that forced Freeman out forget that it was the players that removed Freeman's Captain tag this season. That should have been the biggest red flag of all, but then he topped himself by not showing up for the team photo.

God damn he was such a fuck up -_-

Drakeon

'Source' reports Freeman was lazy, didn't know the playbook, pushed into service by Frazier.

Freeman being a lazy taco eating fuck I buy, the Frazier stuff not so much. Wasn't there a report earlier that said the Freeman trade was pushed through by the GM and Frazier was reluctant to play him? Doesn't make sense that a guy who stuck with Ponder through thick and thin starts sucking Freeman's dick off one week of shit practices.

You don't think the fact that he knew he was gonna get fired if the season continued to tank might have caused him to rush Freeman?

You don't think the fact that he knew he was gonna get fired if the season continued to tank might have caused him to rush Freeman?

Freeman never played again. Going through that whole shit parade just to bench him indefinitely never smelled right, especially since the first week you can use the "Oh, he doesn't know the playbook" excuse.

I think Frazier was a dead man walking - GM probably pushed Freeman through to play on MNF, realized what a mistake it was, then pinned it all on his gonna be fired anyway coach.

I don't think I buy your theory about the Steelers. I remember them getting flagged for a bunch of junk. Wasn't James Harrison always being jumped on by the league just like Suh?

Goodell needed a team to sell his player safety crap, and the Steelers had the hardest hitting most punishing and disliked linebacker in the league on their team. It writes itself.

Too bad Suh was a rookie back then.

Syrinx

People thinking it was Schiano that forced Freeman out forget that it was the players that removed Freeman's Captain tag this season. That should have been the biggest red flag of all, but then he topped himself by not showing up for the team photo.

Really disappointing. The sky was the limit for him after 2010. Hopefully Glennon can become what he didn't feel like becoming.

squicken

Fr
I think Frazier was a dead man walking - GM probably pushed Freeman through to play on MNF, realized what a mistake it was, then pinned it all on his gonna be fired anyway coach.

I absolutely think Freeman was forced on Frazier. I'm not sure he would have been ordered to play him. Frazier had personnel power before Spielman took over. I doubt Spielman could order him to play anyone. Just think Frazier was desperate

RBH

I remember when a younger, a more optimistic, a more wide-eyed DMczaf was in love with the fat man known as Josh Freeman.

DMczaf

If I had the time to, I'd pull up all of your pro-Freeman posts from years past, when a younger more wide-eyed DMczaf was in love with the fat man known as Josh Freeman.

He was more humble when he was fat! Once he got slim and sexy, it was all down hill :(

Top Bottom