• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Wild Card |OT| The Return of Jafar

Mrbob

I'm upgrading to windows 8

I'm scared
It is fine if you ignore metro. Grab start 8 from stardock or something similar and you can boot straight to desktop with all win 7 functionality.

I completely forget metro exists by using start 8.

Dragon

Banned
It is fine if you ignore metro. Grab start 8 from stardock or something similar and you can boot straight to desktop with all win 7 functionality.

I completely forget metro exists by using start 8.

So basically in order to get 8 like 7 you have to install a third party shitty program? Why the hell would anyone upgrade? Metro is a disease.

itshappening.gif

JAKNCOKE AM CRY

JJ8s9ew.jpg

"I'm happy to call Pennsylvania my home."

bionic77

XP for life
XP is a steaming pile of shit that smells worse than the Steelers defense.

I remember downloading XP on IRC as a poor college student back in the day.

Yeah there are plenty of NES/SNES games that were either unplayable or fucking ridiculously hard like Ninja Gaiden. I remember trying to figure shit out in Simon's Quest. Fuck that game.
While I agree those games were totally unfair I loved them. The satisfaction you got when you figured out the patterns in a game like Ninja Gaiden is hard to describe. And you could master a lot of those NES games to the point where you could finish them without getting hit and complete the entire game in like 30 minutes.

I have not played Dark Souls but it sounds like that is why people like it so much. A return to a time when games beat you down and you had to bleed a little bit to get to the next level.

Greg

RE: BA vs BS. BA all the way for me. Computer science. My advisor says "well with a BS you have to take Calculus I and II, (another math that was higher than calc II) two sciences with two four hour labs." I ask what does the BA have to do? "Oh just calc I and any two sciences" F that noise. BS took so much math you could take one or two more math classes and have a minor in Math.
I got my BS in CIS. The CS program required a math minor, and the CIS program recommended it. I ignored both math and business minor recommendations and got a psych minor for fun.

itshappening.gif
we're almost there!

XP is a steaming pile of shit that smells worse than the Steelers defense.
quiet, macman

bionic77

quiet, macman
OS X is so much better for laptops.

Sucks that Apple doesn't give a fuck about desktops anymore. Sucks that MS seems to be going in the same direction. There are still some old fucks like eznark that want to use a desktop for work and at home.

MRSA

Banned
I got some kinda food poisoning. Pretty sure I'm gonna die. If I do die, I want you all to remember these words of wisdom:

Tom Brady sits when he pees

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Sucks that Apple doesn't give a fuck about desktops anymore. Sucks that MS seems to be going in the same direction. There are still some old fucks like eznark that want to use a desktop for work and at home.

Went to Bestbuy with a friend to look at laptops and it was awful. After giving the nod of approval to the Asus gaming laptop they had, everything else was some sort of awful touch screen tablet-laptop hybrid.

Call me a Luddite but I'm not thrilled about KB/M setups gradually fading away.

At least I'm not one of these people wanting a 10 year console cycle!

So youre saying we are going to the Superbowl? YES!

Have you SEEN the AFC south?

AFC South has been trash for years and you still managed 8-8 season after season! You have Luck in Indy and he's not Peyton Manning (yet??) so that's the only improvement I see.

Greg

When it happens dunk party? Dunk Party!
360 jams for all

I have yet to ever own a single apple product.
only thing I owned was one of those 2nd gen iPod Shuffles because it was convenient for workouts

but then I realized iTunes is terrible, and using 3rd party software just to manage it was an annoyance, so I was happy when I accidentally ran it through the wash

that's me too

bionic77

Went to Bestbuy with a friend to look at laptops and it was awful. After giving the nod of approval to the Asus gaming laptop they had, everything else was some sort of awful touch screen tablet-laptop hybrid.

Call me a Luddite but I'm not thrilled about KB/M setups gradually fading away.

At least I'm not one of these people wanting a 10 year console cycle!
There is really nothing that compares to a Apple laptop. The trackpad and battery life just spoil you so much. I am done with Windows laptops until that changes.

I am still undecided about what kind of PC I am going to build for our next house (that is if we ever find something we like). Can't make up my mind between a small gaming rig or a souped up Mac. Whatever it will be it is going to have multi monitor support and a bitching NAS that connects to everything in the house via ethernet. Hopefully we can get to a point where even my fridge and washer and drier connect to the network.

jakncoke

Banned
I got some kinda food poisoning. Pretty sure I'm gonna die. If I do die, I want you all to remember these words of wisdom:

Tom Brady sits when he pees

I think there a massive stomach bug going around, Because it seems like everyone s puking up the past couple days

Trey

Math classes are like sex with a crazy partner: if you ignore her for a week or so, the next time you try to do her she'll cut your balls off.

Gotta stay on top of math always. You need a solid foundation.

Happy New Years NFLgaf

bionic77

I think there a massive stomach bug going around, Because it seems like everyone s puking up the past couple days
Thats true. My sister and her whole family was puking for like 24 hours.

Hope it skips my house...

You're disgusting to even suggest the browns in the playoffs. I bet you're the kind of person that giggles when someone says they have cancer.
At least the Browns fans show up. They have finished with like 5 or less wins forever and they still always sell out and have good attendance.

And you are confusing me with Rodgers who not only laughs at cancer victims, he punches them wherever they have cancer.

Bengals have over 10,000 tickets remaining.

:lol
Jesus...

Give the Colts spot to the Browns and the Bungles spot to someone else.

So Peyton Manning is losing that single season passing yards in a season record? That is some pretty crazy shit.

I wonder if Drew Brees called the league office himself to let them know it was a lateral and not a pass.
Can almost guarantee you Manning would rather get out of the first round of the playoffs than keep the record.

Nori Chan

At least the Browns fans show up. They have finished with like 5 or less wins forever and they still always sell out and have good attendance.

And you are confusing me with Rodgers who not only laughs at cancer victims, he punches them wherever
Of course they show up. What else is there to do in fucking Cleveland? And dirt poor prices can attract any druggie or person living off welfare checks.

are you from ohio are you a browns fan you must be if you even mention them and playoffs

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
It seems so quaint to see people complaining about Calculus level courses. I live and breathe that shit.

Although, really, the most important thing you learn is the power rule. Have something else? Taylor series that shit and do power rule anyway.

I love math so much. The highest level pure math class I ever took was Differential Geometry. I also took String Theory when I was in grad school and even though that was a physics class it was basically just a math class.
I chuckled.

Top Bottom