• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 CC |OT| Holy Grail

Bread

Banned
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi · 3m3 minutes ago
NEW INFO: Entire Broncos coaching staff let go. Not just John Fox. All assistants gone according to several players.

HOLY SHIT! Don't fuck with Elway
damn! can't wait to see what direction he takes the team.

Milchjon

So losing in the playoffs because your QB is barely held together by a few pieces of wrinkly skin will get everyone fired.

I hope the Broncos go 2-14 next year...

ramuh

NEW INFO: Entire Broncos coaching staff let go. Not just John Fox. All assistants gone according to several players.

FUCKK. Burning the whole fucking thing down.

MechDX

damn! can't wait to see what direction he takes the team.

th

_woLf

I would be too chickenshit to take a HC job in Denver. There's going to be so much baggage and high expectations. If your predecessor took the team to the SB and then divisional playoffs, and still was fired (Elway starting a fire sale to me signals that he was fired, not a "mutual parting") then how can you go in expecting stability?

That's insane and not really the best way to handle a franchise. Damn.

cdyhybrid

Free agents are probably all going to leave, and Peyton is probably gone.

Can't see any of them sticking around, I don't think there are any proven coaches out there left for them to get to try and keep things rolling.

MechDX

I would be too chickenshit to take a HC job in Denver. There's going to be so much baggage and high expectations. If your predecessor took the team to the SB and then divisional playoffs, and still was fired (Elway starting a fire sale to me signals that he was fired, not a "mutual parting") then how can you go in expecting stability?

Unless said new head coach is a long time friend and former team mate.......

Talamius

This is starting to sound like a decision made in the heat of the moment. Never a good thing.

Broncos confirmed 2-14 next year.

Tom Penny

I wonder what this means for Demaryius and Julius Thomas. Are they just blowing it up?

I'm sure they can't wait to sign up for a year of Manning's corpse and not knowing when of if they will get throw the ball by a good QB in the next 2-5 years if ever.

This is really John Elway's Ninja move of secretly wanting Manning to retire...

rando14

Such an asshole move, what does Elway expect? That this brand new, piece-meal of mercenary coaches are going to coach Brock into Brady? What FA wants to sign with Denver this offseason, given how shit the culture has quickly become.

Elway should have been the one let go.

jbug617

Banned
Imagine if your Sanders, Talib and Ware. You think you would get multiple chances of going to the Super Bowl and after yr 1 it might be a rebuild.

Quotient

I know talib went to broncos with the lure of big money, i wonder if he regrets his decision with the pats favored to move to the super bowl.

The crazy thing is I think Ware and Talibs contract are structured so that there isn't a big hit if Elway decides to cut them too and completely revamp.

Bread

Banned
Imagine if your Sanders, Talib and Ware. You think you would get multiple chances of going to the Super Bowl and after yr 1 it might be a rebuild.
If they're rebuilding, I doubt Talib is staying. They made the deal with an out after the first year. Might be the same with Ware.

JNA

Banned

Elway not fucking around.

Is Slay unbanned yet? I'd like to hear this thoughts on this

I remember him saying that there were reports within Denver that upper management was upset with Fox because there were talks he did not prepare the team for the Super Bowl, and that if he didn't get back there he was as good as gone.

Looking pretty accurate so far.

Draxal

I remember him saying that there were reports within Denver that upper management was upset with Fox because there were talks he did not prepare the team for the Super Bowl, and that if he didn't get back there he was as good as gone.

Looking pretty accurate so far.

Oh he Jim Fasseled it? (Fox was the dc of the Giants when Fassel didn't work hard during that Super Bowl against the Ravens).

Top Bottom